Random Shot: ABT R8

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Say you've just bought an R8, and you want to stand out from the crowd. What are your options? Crazy colour? Customized side blades? Or would you go for the whole shebang and get a menacing kit like this ABT example?

Restyled front bumper, custom double-finned side blades, and just check out that rear! Exhaust mod (ala Ferrari California... some what), and slap on a purposeful spoiler. In place of that gaping rear should be mesh inserts - unsure if this is unfinished and hence the two-tone, or if the owner left it this way on purpose.

Any thoughts?

DtG

Aug 7, 2010
Melaka
To be honest, I really am turned off by the colour scheme. Heck, it reminds me of the cheapest Saga BLM in white with black bumpers... And as someone mentioned earlier, the R8 is really beautiful as is. Most if not all mods only cheapen the look and spoil the overall exterior. If it were me, modding an exotic would purely be limited to paint and rims.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
insulting. even if both bumpers are CF, sill fugly.

ahhhh.. i dun hv any thought on this... i dunno... ahhh...:hmmmm:

wait..... hmmmm.... my mind now is rendering this "project R8".. hmm... i know what this guy intend to do... pls take this car pic again in 3 month n post here... i think he know what he is doing.. (yes..it is customized whatsoever but heck... we'll see first lah after he finish...)

btw, im sure u guys see many Audi TT use R8 so-called kit nowadays ehh... heheh...

Last edited:

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
Mother.. I guess beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder. I could still go with the front bumper, but the rear? Stock please.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
cmon guys.... give him some time.. i think he know what he's doing... i'm very sure this is not finish yet. .. am i the only one who can foresee the beaut of this R8 in 3 months frm now?!

he will paint this new... new wheels.bit of touch up here n there.. voilla...ABT R8.. hehe

yea i know... it is not real...but.. look at the M5 and M3 "wannabes" on the road... look at AMG wannabes.. look at R8 wannabes (hehe..refering to TT)... and not forget... so many FD2R wannabes.. let's just accept it with a smile...let them be.. we know it, spotted the anomalies, just keep it... this is R8, guys...

hahaha i dunno why i am supporting this car but... i dunno.. i just have a good feeling to this.. simply just that.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Whenever I go through selected speed bumps (reasonably big / high and/or pointed ones), there will be "brushing" sound coming from the front area. I doubt it is my bumper that's producing the noise because the sound appears when the car is reaching the high point (top area of the speed bump when the suspensions and absorbers are compressed) and also when the car is decending (right after the top area of the speed bump when the suspensions and absorbers stretched). I've spoken to the service...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience