Raising the ride height...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I just let my RX8 buttom up all the time... couldn't care too much. Haha...

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
If the spring was old and sagging - then of course these spring rubber buffers would improve handling la! I would never put these in a perfectly good set of springs. What it essentially does is prevent the spring for compressing too much. But since it doesn't cover the whole length of the spring it will allow some of the spring to compress and the rest held in place. Do it long enough it'll deform the spring.

Woah.. that's some hardcore driving to lose spring buffers that are supposed to fit to the shape of your springs! (It has a drain that wraps around your springs supposedly) So either they weren't installed properly or you did a lot of off-road terrain driving which lengthened the springs and dropped the buffers!

And ARB > buffers anyday!
Took the mech hours to fit the rubber on to the springs..the groove needs to be WD40 too! slow and painful installation.
But now, i think better just get new sets of coil and i've bought the original chassis bumper that looks like a block of rubber sit beside the coil to stop the chassis from slamming on to the arms.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If the spring was old and sagging - then of course these spring rubber buffers would improve handling la! I would never put these in a perfectly good set of springs. What it essentially does is prevent the spring for compressing too much. But since it doesn't cover the whole length of the spring it will allow some of the spring to compress and the rest held in place. Do it long enough it'll deform the spring.
My Hyundai springs are old and sagging and I did fit one set in. Only thing I felt is, it absorb some vibration but the springs are still soft and saggy.....:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My Hyundai springs are old and sagging and I did fit one set in. Only thing I felt is, it absorb some vibration but the springs are still soft and saggy.....:banghead:
It doesn't cover the entire length of the spring so you can't expect it to make it feel like brand new or whatever. It's just a buffer - meaning it'll just stop it probably from bottoming out only la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today, Porsche Malaysia unveiled the latest 911 series. Following global trends in engine downsizing and turbocharging to meet the ever-stringent emissions regulations, the 2017 Porsche 911 (991-gen) is now force-fed. Yes, all 911s of the future will be turbocharged from even the base model...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience