radiostar too sensitive - help pls

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
guys,
please advice me here any of the Radiostar users having my problem :
- the alarm to sensitive till a small bump/thunder/loud exhaust from car passing by and some time jus small knock triggers teh alarm !
its quite annoying and disturbing me / other road users or its even dangerous at parking bays n its jus make people irritating and might damage my car !
- so users pls advice me n share this problem that anyone has faced before n solved it by ................(info pls)
:dontknow:

info : my sensitive setting @ LOW and its placed near the stering ! pls advice guys coz thre was one night I cant even sleep coz it was raining and lots of thunder n the alarm was triggering for noting and I need to reset my remote coz it has the beep sound that I cant stop !@#$%&*

it also annoys my neighbours at sleep !

i never has these problem before and jus recently ! I have never done any adjustments or modification on the radiostar wiring after fixing at PJ Radiostar Authourised Installation centre ! :hmmmm2:

so guys or anyone pls help me ............

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
1. You can shut the siren (at the car) from your remote.. No more annoyed neighbors, but your remote will still beep continuously when the alarm is triggered.

2. I don't know what's wrong with your shock sensor, but just try mounting it lower, further below the steering wheel, or experiment anywhere else.. (although doing that may compromise your remotes working range) If all else fails, go back to Old Town...

P/s: mine's gone cuckoo, alarm won't go off even if u drop a coconut tree on my car.. so consider yours a blessing.. Hehe.. no money to change shock sensor... Sigh..

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
1. You can shut the siren (at the car) from your remote.. No more annoyed neighbors, but your remote will still beep continuously when the alarm is triggered.

2. I don't know what's wrong with your shock sensor, but just try mounting it lower, further below the steering wheel, or experiment anywhere else.. (although doing that may compromise your remotes working range) If all else fails, go back to Old Town...

P/s: mine's gone cuckoo, alarm won't go off even if u drop a coconut tree on my car.. so consider yours a blessing.. Hehe.. no money to change shock sensor... Sigh..
yeah .... I think also wana go to Old Town check them out ! its bcos weird only my radiostar acting like this even the shock sensor on minimum :(
i do tried to relocate the shock sensor but no use also :(

as per your car u disconnet the shock sensor is it ? if it can be done I wana do that also coz better be like normal alarm than trigering for no reasons ! :(
then one day really the car kena curi the alarm goes on but we will think that its jus the shock sensor too sensetive again :(

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Haha.. no lah.. the shock sensor's there... just not working.. if u remove it, i think the remote won't work..... that's how these 2way alarms work, and for the long range thing...

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
at the button there u hold I and II buttons for few second then the knock sensor will disable la......but ppl break in ur car will die la.... hahaha.

coz u disable it already....

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
at the button there u hold I and II buttons for few second then the knock sensor will disable la......but ppl break in ur car will die la.... hahaha.

coz u disable it already....
bro,
u mean teh radiostar can disable the shock sensor ? u mean press the lock n unlock at the same time n it will go off !
so wat is the impact the shock sensor is OFF only the shock alarm activating will be disabled right ? the other like wen u open the car door by forcing or break in the alarm still work right ?
do advice please ! thanks ! :confused_smile:
bu the way im talking about 2 way Radiostar alarm ! u re using one and having the same problem like mine ? n u disabled the know sensor is it ? :shades_smile:

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Yalor.. can meh? can disable the shock sensor wan ah????
Nowhere in the manual got such thing... or are u using the newer versions??

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
Yalor.. can meh? can disable the shock sensor wan ah????
Nowhere in the manual got such thing... or are u using the newer versions??

yaalor i think he is using a new version of radiostar that can disable the shock sensor ! i went to PJ yestersday n they told me !

my problem its a contact issue at selector at the shock sensor ( u know teh low/medium/high selector ) it get jamed or loose contact eventhough on low level sensitivity !

but weird wen i reach PJ old town teh alarm problem wasnt there but the service was good the shop worker tested few times and finally he told that it was the shock sensor contact problem n he hav econtered this before ! that a GOOD thing about radiostar (after sales service)

teh problem solved for now n will update if there is any problem arrises !
other radiostar users can share/discuss about its problem and experiences !

thilak79

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
hi guys... i'm looking for 2 way alarm actually.. wer is this shop and how much is Radiostar alarm cost u guys. Pls help me identify a good alarm. My budget inc installation would be 400 la.. can get meh ?

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
get tenon or steelmate.........

thilak79

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
get tenon or steelmate.........
Thanks dj_gti. is it because of my budget or because its good product. I dont mind increase my budget a bit laa but as long its good.. So far Tenon n Steelmate is under that budget, just wanna know if it good.. :) Thanks for your reply man.

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
Thanks dj_gti. is it because of my budget or because its good product. I dont mind increase my budget a bit laa but as long its good.. So far Tenon n Steelmate is under that budget, just wanna know if it good.. :) Thanks for your reply man.
the radiostar not a BAD alarm .... my issue was the sensetive selector that determine the rate of shock sensor ! n now i dont touch the sensor so so far its fine ! and as for ur budget concern u have rm400 now if u can add another rm200 u can get urself a radiostar :)
cheers man !

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last satrurday morning around 1.00am,when i came out from my office for a break,i'm shocked because some"motherfucker" break my glass door driver side just because to take my boost meter(apex'i) and the turbo timer(m's),and this "motherfucker" he just cut the wire and the hose from the boost meter,btw for sure he cannot use my turbo timer because he didn't take the controller because the timer comes with the controller....can u guys imagine i parked my car exactly in front of my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience