Question about New Lancer 1.6 converting to evo 9

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
is it possible for the chasis to convert to evo 9 ? and if so where can i convert and how much will it cost for bodykit only ( i only intend to convert exterior )

thank you!

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
flizzardo said:
is it possible for the chasis to convert to evo 9 ? and if so where can i convert and how much will it cost for bodykit only ( i only intend to convert exterior )

thank you!
I think most likely it can be done, even though the Lancer 1.6 chasis/wheelbase is smaller than Evo 7 chasis/wheelbase.

As for the complete , get ready at least RM10k alone, without installation/painting. Where to get it?. try to look inside Motortrader or just call all those performance kedais around Sunway area. They might keep a stock. But again, it's really expensive!!

silver_car

Known Member
Aug 30, 2005
malaysia
kindly bewarned...conversion will be expensive

:biggrin:

Why do u just wanna convert to evo 9 exterior look only? if its gonna set u back for rm10k like what aja said...a waste of money right?

the 10k cash could be better spent on shocks n springs upgrade for a better handling. throw in some anti roll bars as well.

as for the engine...not sure lor. i guess u can add in a turbo but its gonna cost u cause u will need intecoolers, piping, new ecu...etc...

wow....

then again, I believe that u will not want to be called a lancer evo 9 imitation right? especially with the lancer 1.6 costing u 100k? evo 9 conversion of at least 20-30k??? total 130k???

might as well get a evo 7....rm160k :rolleyes:

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
first of evo 7 is 160k is recond year 2000

while lancer is brand new lah! summore 160-100k = 60k WHERE THE HELL I GET THE 60k? lolz my father bukan bole cop duit mah ............. so its ok lah lancer and evo using same chasis mah

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi flizzardo,
You CANNOT convert the new lancer to e9 kits. Is on a totally different chasis/platform. E9 is still on the CT9A platform. if u really want to convert the looks, u need to get the previous lancer 2002, also known as Lancer Cedia. That one share the same CT plattorm.

of course, if you talk about really can or not, then technically speaking, nothing is impossible lar. Mod until crazy lar..hehe.

xxxxx

Jun 27, 2005
Gombak
how to convert the rear part to wide body?

silver_car

Known Member
Aug 30, 2005
malaysia
flizzardo, okay okay. faham

i recommend anti roll bars n suspension for a kickass handling!!!

pls dun kick my ass......

silver_car

Known Member
Aug 30, 2005
malaysia
xxxxx, no need to convert so genglah....

maybe some simple bodykits instead of all out evo9...susah leh

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
xxxxxx, wide body is no big deal lar. Pppl even convert GTS (skyline) R34 to GT-R lar...wide body belakang.

Malaisia Moreh !! (Fibre works lar..aiyoh).

flizzardo

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
Johor
well i just went to a us/canadian bodykit website

http://www.body-kit.com/mitsubis.html

they have bodykit for the new lancer to be converted to evo 8 so i think i will convert to evo 8 instead of 9 ! anyway for engine part i think ill have to wait few years or so when i got the money :mad:

lol silver_car how much will that cost? ya i ve heard also someone said the handling is sucky but i am going to test drive this monday when i get back to my hometown :rock:

silver_car

Known Member
Aug 30, 2005
malaysia
fliz, get some tein suspension for ur lancer. adjustable and green in color. good n cool

tein super street- brand new for lancer evo is i think ~rm3200 from n1 sunway. normal lancer i am not sure. maybe they can also recommend some other brands.

2nd hand(must check condition also lah..). there are some teins suspension(type flex?) in SS racing jalan klang lama for ~rm2000-2500? i think. u will have to check with them if they can fit the normal lancer.

for info on tein suspensions, go to www.tein.com

anti roll bars should be cheap lah....rm 800 ~ rm 1000i think. strut bars for front engine bay is also quite cheap maybe rm500? check with SS racing n N1. best to get at least 2 opinions.

engine wise...i think if u want the evo performance, might as well get the evo halfcut...comes with brembos brakes as well!! hahahhaha cool. maybe the evo4-7 engine? price i not sure lor bro...cant help u with tt. maybe the old vr4 engine also can? much cheaper....rm6000? 5000?

personally, get a turbo engine if u really mau the oommph. keep ur ori engine for spare just in case after a few yrs ur turbo kong out. at least u have a spare engine to use later.

hmmm... sounds like we have a project lancer here in the making. a first!

hope the info helps. actually here also banyak sifus....sifus any help/opinions here is welcome....

Last edited:

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oi, come lar..convert. I haven't hear or see of the new lancer being able to convert evo lar.. I want to see ler...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
fizz,,
tell you what... when you get your lancer.. come look for us!!! and we can share our experience in converting lancers.. we can open our hoods and compare the mounting and etc........ for your future mods... good luck!!!

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
Great travelings, Great days , Superb driving, Cool gatherings, Nice outing's, Fantastic races, Unforgetable experience, Crazy mods, Friendly people, Funny incidents, Sharing ideas, Huge crowd, Many links, Beautiful pictures, Spectacular events, All lancers, All mitsubishi fanatics, Bringing the family together, Bringing friends together.... well... that's MLOC...
the "Mitsubishi Lancer Owners Club".
come share with us!

Leslie
mloc p.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i used proton wit e3 engine wit some mod.. currently my car drink ron97 fuel and the result is
RM10/28km or less.. my fren said "ok la tu" but for me not.. how urs evo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience