Putra Re-born

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
"Try Monoflex. They are shok... Abit bumpy, but very good."

ppl who drives n ride a stock car will feel almost any coilovers are bumpy n liltle bit hard Than stock... all im saying HWL Retains the comfort level of stock... but it still hv the tight handling to take the corners..

adjustable is a hassle.. it might work for some.. n dont for others...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Work for some n don't work for some ... :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:
meaning???

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
meaning : Some ppl might like it , and some ppl might not. -> like your prev post Personal Preference.

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
OMG

thank you so much for the info seriously.. im reading it again and again and trying my best to understand ... i do understand some of it and im still learning bit by bits..

overhll, yeess this is the information and knowledge that i need to know to mod my car. And yes definitely i will put this in my mind..

but the only problem is.. because im a lady and u know when u go to places like to the mechanic shops they will say this and that.. i know the fact that these things are clear to me.. but might not be clear to them? get what i mean?...

i guess i really have to know what suits me as a driver and my car.. its for me to taste it myself correct? testing other cars.. and especially to understand and have a good study about my car itself...

then again... really the info you gave me.. i really learn a lot.. thank you so much!

ps: yup.. the web really says it :))

thannnnnnxxxxxxx many thannnnnxxxxxxxxxx

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
OMG

thank you so much for the info seriously.. im reading it again and again and trying my best to understand ... i do understand some of it and im still learning bit by bits..

overhll, yeess this is the information and knowledge that i need to know to mod my car. And yes definitely i will put this in my mind..

but the only problem is.. because im a lady and u know when u go to places like to the mechanic shops they will say this and that.. i know the fact that these things are clear to me.. but might not be clear to them? get what i mean?...

i guess i really have to know what suits me as a driver and my car.. its for me to taste it myself correct? testing other cars.. and especially to understand and have a good study about my car itself...

then again... really the info you gave me.. i really learn a lot.. thank you so much!

ps: yup.. the web really says it :))

thannnnnnxxxxxxx many thannnnnxxxxxxxxxx
Well, enjoy your learning process... The curve is going to be so long when u demand more and more from ur car...

However, u need to understand what ur car is for... Some ppl use the car for drag purpose, so, they mod according to their specs for drag... Some ppl use their car for daily driven + a little sport... So, they mod if with some sports + comfort... Some ppl mod their car for car show... So, bodykit is something necessary... Not engine...

I mod my car for open track day + street sports... and i can withstand the bumpy feel on the hard absorbers...

Maybe when my TEIN fails, I'll go for TITAN, get my TEIN repaired and sell them off... TITANS are value for money + customized setting according to your need and preference. + 2 years free maintainence + services... That serves my always chaging setting well... Lolz...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Best is to go TT session and sit in every single car to check out if adjustables are indeed suitable for you
=P

Putra running on TEIN HA offering here. (that would be me.)

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
heheh

thanks for the reply boys...

well for my baby, definitely for sports and at the same time.. bit of racing mod and bit of casual mod lol

btw,

i wanted to ask you guys..
well today i had to send my car to the workshop which is to my previous mech who did my gearbox, and i asked him to fix my timing belt and other services...

well he said that my timing belt was almost 70% worn out.. and other things like the bearing etc..

this is what he charged me..

Timing belt set for twin cam 460
5pk belt 48
Engine oil, filter, labour oil change 128
Mounting, timing side 95
labour charge 130

So the total is RM 861. But i got discount till RM 840

some of my office mates said it was expensive..

what do u think?

Rip Off or Its Alright or Damn Cheap

thhhxxxxxx

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
errr the timing belt price seems high..normally around rm200-rm250 i think for 4g93...

what oil did he use? brand and viscocity ? 5w040 10w40 ? semi synthetic or synthetic?

other brothers can verify 4g93 belt how much?

the labour for oil change should include in LABOUR overall...not seperately...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
heheh

thanks for the reply boys...

well for my baby, definitely for sports and at the same time.. bit of racing mod and bit of casual mod lol

btw,

i wanted to ask you guys..
well today i had to send my car to the workshop which is to my previous mech who did my gearbox, and i asked him to fix my timing belt and other services...

well he said that my timing belt was almost 70% worn out.. and other things like the bearing etc..

this is what he charged me..
Timing belt set for twin cam 460
5pk belt 48
Expensive. Whole set should cost <300 with labour.

Engine oil, filter, labour oil change 128
SHould be semi-synthetic. Price should be RM80-RM100 depending on brand Filter should cost RM10

Mounting, timing side 95
haha.... Should cost <RM70 for original MMC.

labour charge 130
The mounting labour should be charged together with the labour of timing belt. Cause the procedure are interelated.

So the total is RM 861. But i got discount till RM 840

some of my office mates said it was expensive..

what do u think?

Rip Off or Its Alright or Damn Cheap

thhhxxxxxx
Overall, quite expensive.

errr the timing belt price seems high..normally around rm200-rm250 i think for 4g93...

what oil did he use? brand and viscocity ? 5w040 10w40 ? semi synthetic or synthetic?

other brothers can verify 4g93 belt how much?

the labour for oil change should include in LABOUR overall...not seperately...
True true.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
yup agree with bro speed....overall quite expensive.

can confirm what engine oil he put for you ? worried he put some cheapo brand and charge expensive.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
well...lesson learn the hard way...
normal la...need to pay tuition fees...
i'd suggest u to get few bro's number....
best is to get number of ppl who is using the same engine as u....
then anythin just call n ask....
joining TT can benefit u a lot....
mayb can get some bros to intro u to their mech....

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
or if you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, oil change and normal servicing can be done yourself.

That way you learn more and won't get overcharged like this time.

Same opinion as speed, quite expensive.

I am saying from the perspective of a person that fix more of his own things where no special tools are required.

Btw, what brand of oil was used.
From the price, does seem to be semi syn, gotta becareful as well as there are lots of branded brands being used but are actually recycle oil.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
well...lesson learn the hard way...
normal la...need to pay tuition fees...
i'd suggest u to get few bro's number....
best is to get number of ppl who is using the same engine as u....
then anythin just call n ask....
joining TT can benefit u a lot....
mayb can get some bros to intro u to their mech....
Gong lai gong hui also wanna know miss lola... Muahahhahaha..... Oppss bongkar rahsia....

or if you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, oil change and normal servicing can be done yourself.

I am saying from the perspective of a person that fix more of his own things where no special tools are required.

From the price, does seem to be semi syn, gotta becareful as well as there are lots of branded brands being used but are actually recycle oil.
Same same... from NA mod to finally BOT will do it myself... But now car in JianHang... doing intercooler piping for my new turbo... muahahaha....

lola2574

Dec 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks you guys...

seriously i felt .. abit upset cuz i send the car already.. :(

its alright.. as you said... first lesson.. the next, i will definitely try to get to know someone who actually has a putra and could at least help me a bit to whom i should send my car to....

the mech said he change the timing belt set which are original parts from 'mitsubishi' and the engine oil.. he said is the 'good ones' so im not so sure.. as well as some other parts like the bearing mounting bla bla bla

:(( lesson learned...

and calvin,.. urm join TT?

and to all the brothers who helped me.. really appriciate it.. as refer to all of u.. it seems that the overall changes thats been done to my car basically really expensive.. but seriously... im taking this respectfully and i accept it.. as goes to the mechanic and the person who is incharge of the overall quotation, either its good or bad.. i'll leave it to the 'Above' to handle it.. Karma.....

anyways, we will see what happens tomorrow then.... :)

ps: Gong Lai gong hui? who that?? :)))

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

nope!!

am not scared to get my hands dirty!

anything for my ...UNICORN...

and i did pass my 'license' to hands dirty.. did tire change for a couple of times by myself.. urm.. tolak kereta turun bukit nak start engine.. urm.. and belek2 tengok engine.. lol

but soon i will learn from you'all.. i mean from this forum la.. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i drive proton wira 1.6 4g92p..does my car have speed limiter? cause even if i upgrade my exhaust system, air filter with CAI, muffler, ground cables...from previous stock i can only reach 160 and nothing more than that...after the modification i've made i can managed 165-170 only...

The question is why other cars(same model like mine) stock can reach even more than mine? if there is speed limiter how do i remove them? thanks sifus and friends:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience