Proton / Mitsubishi anti-roll bars

babobu

Oct 21, 2004
thinking of install an rear anti-roll bar for my home's Wira 1.5...

saw an offer in ZTH selling the Wira 1.6 rear anti-roll bar for RM150 (comes with arms and brackets), quite a good offer...but meanwhile my fren also selling rear anti-roll bar which is from a MIVEC car (should be Mirage i suppose), the price is RM300 including arms and ball bearing.

my Qs...
1. izzit really worthy to spend the double price (RM300) to get a MIVEC ARB instead of Wira 1.6 one?? is RM300 for a MIVEC ARB considered over-pricing??
my fren told me it is double price of Wira 1.6 bcoz it is thicker and using ball bearing to connect with the arm, not like Wira 1.6 which is using bush.

2. What is the diameter of Wira 1.6 ARB?? what 'bout MIVEC one??

3. i heard FTO ARB can put into Wira also?? izzit ok??

thx a lot for answer from all the frens here... :D

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
fren.. i think not same.. 1.6 wira is sedan body.. mivec is hatchback body.. will it be the same?.. other difference.. im not sure.. ;)

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
no they are not the same, the current GTi setup and the Mivec setup is different. the mivec and FTO ARBs are thicker. the links are different depending on which generation model they come from.

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Well, i'm not sure if it's worth to pay double for a MIVEC setup, but i can safely say that the MIVEC one is thicker. U probably have to find a front ARB from a Wira 1.8 at least to balance it off, else, your car would be tail-happy wif the much thicker rear bar and a thin front bar.

I'm currently on a front Putra 1.8 ARB(same as Wira 1.8) and a Wira 1.6 rear ARB which is just nice. Would probably be upgrade to FTO front and MIVEC rear soon though :)

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
What would you guys commen on this setup:

My car a Sedan 1.5,

All round SGTi absorbers and springs, front top Ultra Racing 4 point strut bar, front stock ARB (how many mm?), rear 1.6 ARB (how many mm?).

Thanks!!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
drex, ur setup is good but would be better if u throw in a front wira 1.8 anti roll.. its a different world.. frankly, high speed cornering aint scary after i changed mine..

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
but where to get wor.. ARB might be easier but the link rods, and the body mounting?

Anyway, does Wira 1.8 uses a same ARB with SGTi?

What's the size of the Wira 1.8 or SGTi ARB? 18mm is i am not mistaken. Stock Wira 1.5 uses 17mm.

The rear, SGTi uses 13mm but i am not sure about Wira 1.6.

What's the setup for the current WiSE? Front 18mm (same design with SGTi) and rear..?

Thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi.. anyone knows where I can do long shaft balancing & lightening in Klang
Valley & how much does it cost? And what are the pros & cons?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience