Proton Gen 2 parts

Jan 12, 2015
uk
I bought a 2005 proton gen 2 in November and spent all this time searching for parts to get it through an mot and so far failed. Searched worldwide on internet without success and today found this site and hoping you guys can help me. no one in the uk can help me as I tried exhaustively, WHY is parts for the gen 2 so difficult and expensive to locate. Is there another model of proton compatible with gen 2 for parts or is there another car manufacturer compatible ? Need several parts but most important at moment is all the handbrake cables as previous owner wrenched the cables beyond use and failed mot. Anyone HELP ?????????
:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It is expensive because nobody wants to buy modern Protons in the UK. Spare parts are very little.
Is your model with rear brake discs or drum? I have own a Persona here, essentially a Gen 2 with bigger boot but same body.
Cable is cheap to send it over to you if you can find it in Malaysia.
Parts should be the same as Persona, Waja, Gen 2.
If I am not wrong, Evo 3 suppose to be able to use as well, not sure same length or not.
Remember, the 3 models above are named in Malaysia, in UK should be different names(or same).

BTW, can't you custom make those cables? Should be easy to do there.

NorthernGuy

Jan 12, 2015
uk
I tried several places to custom make the cables and all said cannot help. this country is so in the dark ages when it comes to finding car spares. my 1997 rav 4 was the same. Hw would I find out if the persona, waja or evo 3 cables fit the gen 2 ?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
try look for proton waja/impian cable...u might need to bring sample for comparison before purchasing.....atleast waja/impian is model quite known in uk...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

think to change it into GTR spoiler xD.....izzit posible?

and i m new to here
which area should i post this question
[in KL/Sel where got shop is customize produce spoiler ?]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience