Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wah.. izso suddenly become sifu in here... hehehe
Cheh.. the things I'm talking about is noobie stuff to you taikos. You don't see me talking much when you guys start talking performance and modding stuff do you? :thefinger:

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

btw..can TB clean with grease remover such as solvent ?
Depends. Most degreasers and solvents are oil based. Siemens VDO TB has some sort of sensor there right? I can't remember. I just know it'll screw up big time if clogged. Just make sure it's not oily after you clean and it should be fine. I used to use this CRC solvent to clean, very the keng chau. Very the bad for the environment too. CFC based.

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
mine is not oily type 1 ...once i wipe it on some surface ..wind blows it ..will dry itself in 2-3 secs ...so this solvent would not be harmfull right ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yeah, like damone said - alchohol based solvent is the best.

Darren, try to look for "Throttle body cleaners" from ACE hardware. I usually use those alchohol swabs to clean my tb. I never take it out of place to clean so space is very limited.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
take out da TB then wash off all carbon deposits with petrol and u need screwdrivers to scrape off some which are hard to remove using petrol....

no nid spray :stupid:

there is more tb cleaning in : www.4g1series.tk

Dark_Knight

Jan 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello again, i've got my car a full service, total spend about RM 1.9k, basically need to eat roti everyday now

service list:

wira 1.6 double layer radiator
water pump
thermostat
toyota coolant x 1

brake fluid (DOT4)
rear brake pump

power steering fluid

top overhaul
piston ring
conrod bearing shell

shell 15w-40 mineral
engine oil filter

all beltings

engine mounting (left)

does that sounds expensive to sifus here?
currently the engine got a very annoying sound, mechanic said it is tappet noise due to wear and tear, is there any solution?

again, thx in advance

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
4G13 how to upgrade?? 4G13 and 4G15 wad different?? how can i modd??
4g13 upgrades same like any other engine... all engine works on the same principle... more air more fuel more power....

4g13 and 4g15 difference is the cylinder block... 4g15 has approx 1500cc while 4g13 has approx 1300cc...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hello again, i've got my car a full service, total spend about RM 1.9k, basically need to eat roti everyday now

service list:

wira 1.6 double layer radiator
water pump
thermostat
toyota coolant x 1

brake fluid (DOT4)
rear brake pump

power steering fluid

top overhaul
piston ring
conrod bearing shell

shell 15w-40 mineral
engine oil filter

all beltings

engine mounting (left)

does that sounds expensive to sifus here?
currently the engine got a very annoying sound, mechanic said it is tappet noise due to wear and tear, is there any solution?

again, thx in advance
Erm... Toyota coolant? Red colour issit? Better make sure it's compatible with your radiator otherwise you'll end up with more leaking problems again. Stock radiator supposed to use the Glycol based coolants (green colour).

As for the pricing, it's fine. You did quite a lot of things so it's to be expected.

As for some of the things done though, I would've opted to change all 4 engine mountings one go so at least you know they'll have even wear and tear on all 4 mounts rather than have one brand new mount and 3 old ones.

Conrod, thermostat, etc ---> Are they new ones or just take out to service? If new then fine. If take out and clean, wth is with the price???

Btw, since you just got new piston rings, rev the crap out of the car. Then when it's time to change oil (usually 1000km for running-in oil) go for a good semi 10W40 or 5W40. Make sure you change oil filter and if you can afford it, engine flush before you plonk in final fill oil. Pennzoil fully syn 5W40 or semi 5W30 also is good.

The fella didn't change your oil seals and gaskets? I assuming he did?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Btw, tappet noise can be fixed by adjusting the tappet itself after you finish running in the engine. It won't have too much wear and tear unless it was adjusted too tight in the 1st place. Just bear with the noise first then adjust the tappets together with your oil change after 1k running in.

sugizo_takuro

Known Member
Feb 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello everyone. i am new here. i had been reading this thread few weeks ago and find it is very useful. thanks, btw, i use box lancer with g15b engine with double venturi.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone knows where i could i find a reliable and good workshop in penang for my Golf Gti MKV.
Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience