Project MU brake products: are they very good?

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
Don't upset the dude la, he's already spent the money and happily enjoying his upgrade, don't potong his steam mahhh.. :rofl:
hehe... with that budget i have already done twin pot caliper, steel braided hoses, double layer servo and good brake pad. but still depend on what car. me only drive national car:rolleyes:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
silvia or r32/r33 4pots used can be bought for ard rm400-500 and can be fitted under 16" wheels... kcng used to have it in his ex-neo under 16".

the r32 4pot is the same caliper that SSWorks uses for their brake kit but paired with 282mm rotor and this combo fits nicely under 15" depending on offset and spoke design.
Hmm are those prices just the calipers without the rotors or complete with rotors? Anyway I'm not really confident with used stuff and prefer new. Thx for the info though, will keep that in mind.

Don't upset the dude la, he's already spent the money and happily enjoying his upgrade, don't potong his steam mahhh.. :rofl:
Haha, it's ok. I'm not easily upset la, in fact I'm glad if people can share openly here, which will be useful for future references. I also know I might be a bit too hasty and if I'm a bit more patient to spend more time researching stuff I could probably save several hundreds. But I really need to fix my brakes quickly as the rear was almost completely gone. So as long as it's within my predicted budget, I'm still ok to spend.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

hehe... with that budget i have already done twin pot caliper, steel braided hoses, double layer servo and good brake pad. but still depend on what car. me only drive national car:rolleyes:
Ic, at least I got the steel braided hose and relatively good pads (I think). :biggrin:
Initially I also thought about upgrading to 4 pot calipers but then not sure which one suitable without upgrading the size and where can do it with less hassle.
Yeah different cars can result in vastly different prices.

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
No worries bro. You can done it later when ur disk started giving away. Double layer servo is a good upgrade later for ur ride:biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
nyahahahahahaha......just as info ler..hahaha

coz i kinda have almost the same budget to upgrade my brakes...an im currently looking for cheap r32 calipers since the silvia calipers i have are missing the spring/clip thing..

and TS, the price i mentioned is for used calipers n rotors set.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
aiyo, you're not comparing apple with apple. Right now you're comparing an apple with a watermelon la. Everything for the MarkX will easily be 2x or 3x more expensive than the national car la. Even the brake pad is 2x the price of your national car la.

With 2k I can already buy a used BOT set. That would probably only pay for his manifold only.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
True words.

What type of brakes does the MarkX has? Single pot of double?

However, the bulk of the budget went to the Project Mu rotors and they are at the same price across the range, be it for Toyota or Proton. I'm curious if they are worth double the asking price of regular Brembo's rotor. OP, any updates? :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
nyahahahahahaha......just as info ler..hahaha

coz i kinda have almost the same budget to upgrade my brakes...an im currently looking for cheap r32 calipers since the silvia calipers i have are missing the spring/clip thing..

and TS, the price i mentioned is for used calipers n rotors set.
Ic, that's a good price then. How much is usually the cost to modify and refurbished a used set like that? Cause I'm not really confident yet using used stuff for brakes, especially with the calipers.

True words.

What type of brakes does the MarkX has? Single pot of double?

However, the bulk of the budget went to the Project Mu rotors and they are at the same price across the range, be it for Toyota or Proton. I'm curious if they are worth double the asking price of regular Brembo's rotor. OP, any updates? :biggrin:
Normal single pot only.

I've asked for Brembo one actually but at that time the seller said not available. But I think it should be available cause now I know the rotor is actually the same as Camry, Aphard, and Estima. I think Brembo one should be good enough already if got slotted ones. There's another brand called Shoji from Japan, less than half the price of Project Mu, but I don't know how it looks. Then there's a brand called Jun also Japan, but price only slightly below Project Mu.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

My VR front rotors are Shoji brand. cost only RM240.......:biggrin:
That's cheap, where did you get it? I was also offered that one but price almost double yours!
Is it normal rotor or slotted/crossdrilled ones?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
My VR front rotors are Shoji brand. cost only RM240.......:biggrin:
Wei!! where you get this price? I bought same brand, Shoji Myvi 1.5 rotor for RM220. Taukei say cannot lower le. Aiyo, i think ur VR rotor size is bigger than myvi 1.5. Heart pain-ing now:banghead:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wei!! where you get this price? I bought same brand, Shoji Myvi 1.5 rotor for RM220. Taukei say cannot lower le. Aiyo, i think ur VR rotor size is bigger than myvi 1.5. Heart pain-ing now:banghead:
PH Auto, SEA Park, Petaling jaya......:driver:

pahlawanmimpi

Known Member
Feb 22, 2006
Last time I bought the BMK Titanium for my front was RM100 only.....few years back. Anyway the Trestor from same manufacturer, I got for RM120 last year....:driver:
bro...where to purchase trestor advantage performance? i'm at JB...tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

remember the black surface paint coat on trucks?

if it's available in small rattlecans i wanna buy to re-spray my bumper black trimming.
according to how tuff those bedliners are, iIMO once you spray 'em on ur linings, it'll last fer years!

can we actually get 'em anywhere? or hafta send to some place to get it sprayed?

tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience