Project "Kermit"

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
A couple of days before Christmas last year, I was struck with a series of unfortunate events...

To cut a long story short, my car got rear ended. Roads were slippery. The cars in front of me suddenly came to a halt and fortunately, I managed to stop in time. Unfortunately, the Persona behind me couldn't stop in time and couldn't avoid me.

Thankfully, the person behind has agreed to pay for the repairs. Damage has been contained to just the rear bumper and the fog light. I decided to try a different rear and not go for the same JCW bumper. Shall post some updates after I get that shit sorted out. Till then!

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
The new rear bumper has been fitted and painted.... well, sort of. Because it was the festive seasons, and my painters didn't want to be keeping my car in their garage whilst everyone left for a weeks break, 'Kermit' paint job was a little rushed and returned to me for Chinese New Year.

The diffuser was accidentally painted Verde Ithaca. It will be painted matte black after the holidays. Bumper fitment is far from perfect. On both sides where the black plastic wheel arch trims meet the rear bumper, the gap and alignment is terrible! I hope the painters can do something about it. Other than that, just little touch-ups and probably a nice polish when everything is sorted. Oh, I need to weld my exhaust tips back too!

Also, I need to get this Alta 2% oversized lightened crank pulley intalled...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tom, is that a dead bug or a chipped glass on your windscreen? Damn distracting la. LOL

DC : Why oversized? How is that supposed to help your acceleration etc?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Tom, is that a dead bug or a chipped glass on your windscreen? Damn distracting la. LOL

DC : Why oversized? How is that supposed to help your acceleration etc?
It's lightened. So there's reduced rotational mass, much like installing a lightened flywheel. Also, The over size crank pulley increases your boost levels at the same time.

Ex. If you have a 15% supercharger pulley on you MINI now, add a 2% over driven crank pulley and your 15% pulley will now act like a 17% pulley.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Now that the festive season is finally over, "Kermit" can finally get some work done on it...

Car has been sent back to get the diffuser painted and some other miscellaneous stuff sorted.

I also managed to find this brand new wing/spoiler on ebay. The title says "Alta Performance Mini Cooper R53 Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler" but upon closer inspection, I believe it's a JCW item! It was being let go for US $399.99 which I think is a steal now that this is a discontinued product.

Alas I was too late and someone had already purchased it. I got in touch with the seller anyway to see if they had anymore left but unfortunately, it was their only one. The buyer had 3 days to make payment and if no payment was received, they told me they'd contact me.

So, I thought I had missed a bargain but it turns out a week later, they shot me a message saying that the buyer flaked them and it was now back for sale. I snapped it up in an instant. All in all, I paid US $453.84 after the inclusion of shipping which is about RM1400 and if I'm not mistaken, it costs in a ball park range of RM3500 now because of it being discontinued.

It has already been shipped and now I wait patiently for its arrival.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
The diffuser has been color coded black. I think it looks much better this way. The Alta 2% oversized lightened crank pulley intalled too. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet as there are still a couple of little things left to be done and it's still at the shops.

I've also managed to get my hands on a used M7 Carbon Fiber Front Splitter. Can't wait to put it on too...

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Fog lights kept blowing out and collecting water... Got a set of these Projector Fog Lights and they're on their way too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Launched: BMW's front wheel drive X2 arrives Malaysia at RM320,800

The new X2 is also BMW's newest addition to its line of Sports Activity Coupe's, created to transform the Compact Premium segment, and here in Malaysia, it is introduced in sDrive20i M Sport suit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience