Problem with Kancil

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hi guys,

After sending the car for full service, found out there is a problem with the wiring. Suspected.

1) Problem is during daytime, whenever I step on the brake, my small bulbs in the headlamp, will be turned on as well. Let go brakes, it will switched off as well. Is like acting like brake light. All brake lights working.

2) this is another weird problem. When I switch on my headlamp, all my brake lights including 3rd brake light will be switched on. Therefore, on the road is kinda dangerous where ppl behind me will be cursing me on why my brake lights on all the time. Is like I'm driving by stepping on both gas and brake pedals. :banghead:

3) mech try to remove the fuse to the brake lights when the headlights were on. But then after pulling out the fuse, my brake lights are all still switched on as well.

Anyone facing same problem as me? Mech find it weird as well. Even accessories shop find it weird.

Any advice is much appreciated. Can't drive the car at night. Risking other road users ramming into me.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Need to send to wire man.....
Accessories shop? Any recommended ones? The one that you service air cond, you said can do right?
But have a friend working at accessories shop. Might ask him have a look 1st. He is surprised as well.

kancil of what year? need to check the whole wiring system.. old car's wiring tend to get naked and might short circuits..
Year 1997. Bone stock car. That's why wondering anyone else have same problem as me before.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
old kancil sure face this problem one.. go find a good aircond workshop.. they can check one..
Ya even air cond is not that good. Need to replace and service RM350. :frown:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hi guys,

After sending the car for full service, found out there is a problem with the wiring. Suspected.

1) Problem is during daytime, whenever I step on the brake, my small bulbs in the headlamp, will be turned on as well. Let go brakes, it will switched off as well. Is like acting like brake light. All brake lights working.

2) this is another weird problem. When I switch on my headlamp, all my brake lights including 3rd brake light will be switched on. Therefore, on the road is kinda dangerous where ppl behind me will be cursing me on why my brake lights on all the time. Is like I'm driving by stepping on both gas and brake pedals. :banghead:

3) mech try to remove the fuse to the brake lights when the headlights were on. But then after pulling out the fuse, my brake lights are all still switched on as well.

Anyone facing same problem as me? Mech find it weird as well. Even accessories shop find it weird.

Any advice is much appreciated. Can't drive the car at night. Risking other road users ramming into me.

1) Assuming brakelites r contolled by live wire direct from batt. if don't have fuse it will not lights up in what ever case it is. in this case small lite lites up when the pedal is pressed,means it receive power from the brake. so my conclusion is either brake lights live @ ground is touching small lite live wire.

2)In this case all the brake lights turn on when small lite is on. So brake lite receive power from small lite. From conclusion in 1), i'm assuming that the small lite live wire is touching the brake lite live wire coz brake lite have oni incoming from pedal & outgoing to ground.

3) In this case, the brake lite turns on even no fuse shows that it receive power from other than in line wit fuse & after the pedal control . Judging from 1) & 2) the brake lite definitely receive power from the small lamp because oni the small lite is on when the brake is on. if not the main lamp oso will lite up. the oni problem is where does it touch each other, this is where the pro comes in.

this I rest my case:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You and your second hand cheap and cheerful choices. I told you cheap and cheerful doesn't exist :P

This sort of wiring thing is usually ground related or you're shorting some of the original wiring. Trace your headlamp wires la.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You and your second hand cheap and cheerful choices. I told you cheap and cheerful doesn't exist :P

This sort of wiring thing is usually ground related or you're shorting some of the original wiring. Trace your headlamp wires la.
Yup, it is either one of them, as Brakes are now connect to head lights....

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Accessories shop? Any recommended ones? The one that you service air cond, you said can do right?
But have a friend working at accessories shop. Might ask him have a look 1st. He is surprised as well.
My VR was sent to a wire man at Esso station in Jalan Puchong but I doubt he is there anymore...so long ago. He had to wire up my front harness (half cut) to the rear wiring.

Accessory shop? well depends on the sifu there....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
dont spend so much if ur planning on convertion.. better spend on your new engine's aircond system.. :biggrin:
Thanks for reminding me bro :rofl: If changing dashboard, blower will change along. You are so right. Will not touch aircond 1st then.

1) Assuming brakelites r contolled by live wire direct from batt. if don't have fuse it will not lights up in what ever case it is. in this case small lite lites up when the pedal is pressed,means it receive power from the brake. so my conclusion is either brake lights live @ ground is touching small lite live wire.

2)In this case all the brake lights turn on when small lite is on. So brake lite receive power from small lite. From conclusion in 1), i'm assuming that the small lite live wire is touching the brake lite live wire coz brake lite have oni incoming from pedal & outgoing to ground.

3) In this case, the brake lite turns on even no fuse shows that it receive power from other than in line wit fuse & after the pedal control . Judging from 1) & 2) the brake lite definitely receive power from the small lamp because oni the small lite is on when the brake is on. if not the main lamp oso will lite up. the oni problem is where does it touch each other, this is where the pro comes in.

this I rest my case:biggrin:
Wow...you definitely know what I'm facing. Thanks a lot bro. Will get that check and keep in mind.

:rofl: I know, wear and tear expected but never expect for wiring problem :rofl: Now I only drive the car during daytime. Night I dare not drive.

Yup, it is either one of them, as Brakes are now connect to head lights....

My VR was sent to a wire man at Esso station in Jalan Puchong but I doubt he is there anymore...so long ago. He had to wire up my front harness (half cut) to the rear wiring.

Accessory shop? well depends on the sifu there....
Damn, no wireman that I'm familiar with...maybe bringing it to Lizard might help. :hmmmm:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Thanks for reminding me bro :rofl: If changing dashboard, blower will change along. You are so right. Will not touch aircond 1st then.

Wow...you definitely know what I'm facing. Thanks a lot bro. Will get that check and keep in mind.

:rofl: I know, wear and tear expected but never expect for wiring problem :rofl: Now I only drive the car during daytime. Night I dare not drive.

Damn, no wireman that I'm familiar with...maybe bringing it to Lizard might help. :hmmmm:
for try & error, try removing the small bulb & see wether the brake light turns on @ not, if it does not, u can use the car @ night. maybe the short circuit is behind the fuse box oni coz brake lites r @ the rear. can start wit the outlet side of the pedal switch mechanism.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
for try & error, try removing the small bulb & see wether the brake light turns on @ not, if it does not, u can use the car @ night. maybe the short circuit is behind the fuse box oni coz brake lites r @ the rear. can start wit the outlet side of the pedal switch mechanism.
Will get it done on Saturday. But meantime I might try removing it.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
rough diagram from my observation of the fuse box front & back, later i'll post where the hell did I get this. from the observation inside the box there is still circuit that determines where the cables should be. in this case for brakes, the switch cable connector is indipendant (that means 1 connector slot just for it). than the signal is translated inside the circuit & delivered to the brake lights. so if my observation is correct, it might be the fuse box itself that's need to replace. so it should be plug & play & that should be easy to do for try & error. if still occurs than it's strip to the bone method oni can find shortage:bawling:

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,me driving wira 1.5 sedan. y after aircon on lack pwr ha?? if switch off aircon can really feel the diff. mod only change extrator n mid pipe.

any suggestion to make it more pwr when on aircon.

thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience