price different

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Who good in economy and tell me why most things cost more in sabah and sarawak har? example, A copy of Hypertune magazine, our place sells RM10.90 but over there sells RM12.90.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
why the company cannot absorb har? like increasing the price here to subsidize the price over there and make the same thing to have to have the same price?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Firstly I'm not an economist. Just a layman view.

The fact is even the prices in the peninsular are different among the states and towns for many goods.
A pair of shoe which cost RM20 in the Klang Valley will cost maybe RM1-2 more in the East Coast, RM4-5 more for East Malsysia because boss needs to hire salespersons to travel for business, flight ticket, accomodation and all the expenses incurred, factored in the freight and transport for the goods eventually. Reality is this applies all over the world. Naturally prices near the source/production base will be lower.

No one would want to raise their prices here in order to subsidise to sell cheaper elsewhere with smaller market, competition would dictate the price.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Firstly I'm not an economist. Just a layman view.

The fact is even the prices in the peninsular are different among the states and towns for many goods.
A pair of shoe which cost RM20 in the Klang Valley will cost maybe RM1-2 more in the East Coast, RM4-5 more for East Malsysia because boss needs to hire salespersons to travel for business, flight ticket, accomodation and all the expenses incurred, factored in the freight and transport for the goods eventually. Reality is this applies all over the world. Naturally prices near the source/production base will be lower.

No one would want to raise their prices here in order to subsidise to sell cheaper elsewhere with smaller market, competition would dictate the price.
I am in Logistics line and most of the things you posted are correct. But most companies tries to keep prices the same in West Malaysia. However even in tyre forum many have indicate higher tyre prices in Penang and Melaka. JB maybe can get some tyres incoming from Singaland.
Back to topic for East Malaysia, even the newspaper are more expensive. This is because even lately the freight cost to East Malaysia have gone up leaps and bound. Not only freight, but port charges, handling etc., and from both sides, meaning exporting port and importing port...:banghead:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
There are many things cheaper in Sabah/Sarawak eg. peppers. When these things come to the peninsular the price becomes doubled or tripled.:banghead: Will get my friend to bring me some white pepper from Kuching next week.:biggrin:

Bro vr2turbo, logistic business very good ah. Are you in some kinds of service like The Transporter?:biggrin::rofl:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Any factor that will affect or able to reduce the retail price ar?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There are many things cheaper in Sabah/Sarawak eg. peppers. When these things come to the peninsular the price becomes doubled or tripled.:banghead: Will get my friend to bring me some white pepper from Kuching next week.:biggrin:

Bro vr2turbo, logistic business very good ah. Are you in some kinds of service like The Transporter?:biggrin::rofl:
Pepper from there, sure there cheaper. Send over here like you mention double and triple up in price..:banghead:
Nope, handle company's Logistics, Warehouse and Distribution (non human..:rofl:), that is why I know the cost and expenses...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Any factor that will affect or able to reduce the retail price ar?
Competition between rival brands etc. will make prices go down. Take LCD TV for that matter, prices have been dropping and dropping. 32" LCD is the past was close to RM2k, nowadays RM799 can get...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i dont know whether im suppose to ask this here or at the market place. sorry if im posting at the wrong place.:biggrin: i want to ask whats the current market price for the mivec head complete with wiring. thank you in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience