Poll : Turbo charge a perodua Viva

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
Hi all,

Just wana get you guys feedback on this. Let say there is a package to turbo charge your viva included the turbine(recond), injectors(recond), metal gasket ,intercooler, safc 1,tuning and etc. If the package offered is RM3.8K. How many of you will go for it?

*pls keep away unnessary comments other than what is requested.

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Hi all,

Just wana get you guys feedback on this. Let say there is a package to turbo charge your viva included the turbine(recond), injectors(recond), metal gasket ,intercooler, safc 1,tuning and etc. If the package offered is RM3.8K. How many of you will go for it?

i can tell u one thing....waste money...

ur engine should be the same as kenari/kelisa...with additional DVVT system...

all my fren that do BOT...end up change the whole engine because

1) The max u wan boost with that money u pay is around 0.4 bar...u wan to boost higher..u need to custom ur gasket..that will cost u more..0.4 bar boost still loss to the engine that did PNP and engine balancing on straight line
2) Ur engine will not last long
3) U driving time in the road will be less then ur car spending time in workshop..
4) SAFC will not help in your BOT..u need to get a standalone or Emanage to tune ur BOT..that cost u more

so i can tell u..with RM3.8K spend...u need to have another RM3k standby...

the best..look for a halfcut and just change the whole engine...simple as that..u will only have problem in register ur new engine..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Agreed also..
got fren BOT his Kelisa.. dyno out 100++ bhp but feel nothing only.. no G force at all and pick up wise.. really headache..

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
kelisa6009: thanks for ur comments/feedback.

Anyway, i still have frens turbocharged their kenari and kelisa almost with the parts i mentioned with stock internal boosting 0.6-0.7 bar(with metal gasket).Almost 3.5 years running without issue. The best result, is how good ur tuning and the tuners knowledge on the setup as this consider soft turbo. One more thing, the engine oil also playing part in it to reduce you engine temp, friction when the compression are in.

FYI :My self, have a good knowledge in turbocharge since i had a wira with evo 3 engine with stock internal and some modificiation boosting 1.2 bar producing 370hp.Also had Perdana twin turbo converted to single turbo as well.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/275134-wts-wira-evo-iii.html

***However, everybody have their own feedback and experience .All in count......

thx

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
kelisa6009: thanks for ur comments/feedback.

Anyway, i still have frens turbocharged their kenari and kelisa almost with the parts i mentioned with stock internal boosting 0.6-0.7 bar(with metal gasket).Almost 3.5 years running without issue. The best result, is how good ur tuning and the tuners knowledge on the setup as this consider soft turbo. One more thing, the engine oil also playing part in it to reduce you engine temp, friction when the compression are in.

FYI :My self, have a good knowledge in turbocharge since i had a wira with evo 3 engine with stock internal and some modificiation boosting 1.2 bar producing 370hp.Also had Perdana twin turbo converted to single turbo as well.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/275134-wts-wira-evo-iii.html

***However, everybody have their own feedback and experience .All in count......

thx
for ur engine to last....u need to control ur right foot...so what is the point if u BOT and cannot boost is regular like normal stock turbo car?

not to say u cannot BOT..but BOT at the end of all ...u will pay more then u get a stock Turbo engine like K3vet...

my fren did use BOT boost around 0.9 bar...can last for 3 year...but the way he drive the car must be very carefull...so what is the point leh...can ur engine last Boosting all the way? nope..it won't... he did use commander, standalone and with customise gasket..

to get a proper tuning and part..it will cost u more the RM3.8K..that for sure...

so just my 2 cent...i rather spend another RM3k..total RM6.8K to get halfcut...solve all my problem...anyway..it ur money..up to you

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
for ur engine to last....u need to control ur right foot...so what is the point if u BOT and cannot boost is regular like normal stock turbo car?

not to say u cannot BOT..but BOT at the end of all ...u will pay more then u get a stock Turbo engine like K3vet...

my fren did use BOT boost around 0.9 bar...can last for 3 year...but the way he drive the car must be very carefull...so what is the point leh...can ur engine last Boosting all the way? nope..it won't... he did use commander, standalone and with customise gasket..

to get a proper tuning and part..it will cost u more the RM3.8K..that for sure...

so just my 2 cent...i rather spend another RM3k..total RM6.8K to get halfcut...solve all my problem...anyway..it ur money..up to you
agreed wif you...

better put in k3vet...... makes me wonder how fast is the viva after plonking 1.3 turbo engine inside :hmmmm:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
agreed wif you...

better put in k3vet...... makes me wonder how fast is the viva after plonking 1.3 turbo engine inside :hmmmm:
Kenari with k3ve can clock 223km/h...

so if put k3vet in viva...i think 250km/h to 280km/h with some mod....

but safety will be an issue here if viva clock that fast...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

lowered suspensions.... fatter rims/tire maybe 205 width.... wide-body kit wif spoiler and canards ala tsukuba time attack machines :hmmmm:

not trying to make joke here....

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
guys,

i appriciate all your feedback, again..it a questions of your knowledge doing things right and reliable.i did mention you guys this is consider of soft turbo.

its just a simple question :compare to other package/offer outside there for BOT on viva..is it cheaper if the offer is 3.8k? straight and clear...other comments, pls put away guys..

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
bro...

from what i see..seems like u r looking for ppl to say..YES..turbo is good for ur VIVA...

but sorry to say...u won't get that from me..because i see too many failure in BOT on our 3 cylinder engine..all workshop that advertise say that their BOT is so good and reliable...that is just a gimik lar...with RM3.8 is just the hardware..u will face a lot of problem after this and u can't stop half way on BOT...so u will continue dump in money and ur car will be at workshop more then on the road...

My fren kenari...bot a BOT from a well known shop that advertise saying that they are expert in BOT...i can tell u..once u say yes to them..everything also can...but when problem happen to your engine...then u will know how the mech told u liaw..must add this lar...must put this lar..must mod this lar...all the bullshit thing can come out from them...

if u still wan to go ahead with ur BOT..u can just go ahead..nothing wrong..just that don't come back and say aiya..i got this problem that problem..

ohh ya..i forget something...when u BOT..remember to take care ur GEAR box.. that also will crack if u BOT and boost it high...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

Kenari with 223 KM/H.. can fly man.. too fast d... :adore:

Anyway.. load ori turbo engine or BOT is depends on the car owner but for me.. sorry....

Last edited:

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
hmm...thanks for the info..............

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Hi all,

if can kautim for 3K, i would go fer it. :smokin: