pls tell me wheres ground wire point..help me!!!

caqc12

Known Member
May 31, 2005
KL
can anybody tell me,,where actually the point i need to put at the car' s body......coz just bought the 7 point ground wire but i lost the installation guide paper...pls help me...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
7 point grounding?? wat brand is your grounding kit??

1. bulk head(front beam of ur engine bay)
2. engine head
3. alternator
4. distributor
5. firewall
6. chassis
7. gearbox

enough?? heheh :D

pjs

Jun 13, 2005
Shah Alam
yeongk said:
If i not mistake it should be locate at the passenger side ... but not sure which area ... may be sifu's here can help out ...
Firstly, am I missing a point here but what car are you trying to ground? :confused:

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Proton Wira ecu is located at the passenger side kick panel... the lil bulge there at where you leg rests....

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Nope.. not me...scared i might fuse the ECU instead when grounding it...

pjs

Jun 13, 2005
Shah Alam
simefly said:
Nope.. not me...scared i might fuse the ECU instead when grounding it...
Nothing to be afraid of really. Look at the ECU carefully. There must be some kind of metallic bracket that is holding it up, right? if not, can you spot any metallic part with a screw that you can remove?

Well, just ground the wire to either the place where the ECU is being held (fixed) or fix the GW to any metallic part of the ECU.

No need to open the ECU - which I would advise you not TO!

pjs

Jun 13, 2005
Shah Alam
yeongk said:
So just ground to the matallic part will do right ??? any improvement compare to other point ???
Frankly, I do not feel any improvement even after having grounded the ECU - by the way, I drive an Avanza.
But than again, according to the GW sifu, the grounding of the ECU is supposed to only give back the power that was never there originally since the orignal grounding is questionable.

But this I can tell you, ground your gear box, the enigne block and the compressor ... and you can already feel the difference! :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TO learn more on Professional detailing - Free & good sites available
does not need to spent $$$$ to buy this nor this

start Patronising this international sites you will see how to DIY yr car detailing

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=2296280#post2296280...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience