Photos Of My 93' Corolla

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Huhu,complete stage of modification for 7th gen Corolla!

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Very nice bro! If I have even half of your enthusiasm, my car would look, so,so much nicer..lol
Haha, thanks bro. It's a passion :biggrin:

Huhu,complete stage of modification for 7th gen Corolla!
I agree! Mission complete!! :beer:

I chucked my TRD strut brace back on today, as well as tidied up a few other things on the inside:

I also attended an AE101 Owners Club meet and took a bunch of photos :D

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
I installed the standard airbox/ducting today and reinstalled the oil catch can. Looking how I want it now! :biggrin:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
^ Thanks bro. I had considered one of those in the past, although now that I have the alloy radiator the cooling efficiency is about 30% higher, so I don't think there is any danger of the engine getting too hot, hehe, but those plates sure do look nice :)

Went for a quick photoshoot today :biggrin:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
I added another rare optional extra to my collection today. It's called a 'conlight'. At first I had no idea what it was and had only ever seen a tiny thumbnail of one in the original sales brochure. There is absolutely no information or pictures of them anywhere online so I wasn't sure if it was a light, a sensor, a strobe light for some quirky Japanese outdoor dancing, or what the heck it was, but after looking at it a little longer I figured out that it's an automatic headlight sensor!!

The clear lens faces towards the front windscreen and detects the level of light outside. As soon as the sun sets and the light level is low enough (or you go under a bridge etc) the park lights and/or headlights will come on, depending how dark it is. The headlight stalk is always set to off as the sensor does all of the work (however you can switch the unit off or select that you only want the park lights to illuminate so you have manual control over when the actual headlights come on).

It was 100% plug-and-play by using a special loom that it had specifically for this option. All I had to do was unplug my existing combination switch plugs and connect them to the new connectors, which basically just acts as an extension with wires branching off it for the conlight to function.

The beauty of this option is that you can never accidentally leave your headlights on as the unit only works when the key is turned to the 'ON' position. It's pretty gimmicky but would have been very revolutionary in it's time. A lot of the newer cars these days don't even have such a feature as it seems to only be limited to up-market and 'luxury' cars.

I personally think it's a great quirky piece of Japanese ingenuity and it's another thing to add to my growing list of optional extras :D

Here's a pic from the original sales brochure, followed by pics of the actual unit taken by myself:

Pics for my OEM fitted CONLIGHT!:proud:
But due to hot climate in Malaysia, the 'Auto' wording faded...:banghead:

Attachments

Last edited:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
^ Very nice. Yeah it's really common for the writing to come off. Have come across a number of sets here and only one of the stalks had mint writing, but the car was equipped with an airbag and I didn't have any Torx screwdrivers on me at the time so couldn't grab it.

I installed a 240kph speedometer today :biggrin:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Nice, but our place here prefer 180km/h as more suit to JDM style:)
The 240km/h my country called it local spec... we can easily get the RPM indicator with max 9000k redline(good for manual)!

Last edited:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Nice, but our place here prefer 180km/h as more suit to JDM style:)
The 240km/h my country called it local spec... we can easily get the RPM indicator with max 9000k redline(good for manual)!
Same as over here. The basic models were the only ones to get the 240kph speedo, but that doesn't worry me because with the 4A-GE 180kph isn't enough :biggrin:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
True, but u already release the speed cut? If not, for wat my understanding max till 180km/h ecu will cut off the speed...

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
True, but u already release the speed cut? If not, for wat my understanding max till 180km/h ecu will cut off the speed...
Factory speed cut is still active. Will need to buy a Pivot or other speed cut defender to eliminate it. I took it past 180kph after I got the 4A-GE installed though. GPS showed I was doing 210kph. Only slowed down because I ran out of road (wasn't very long). I thought the speed would be governed to 180kph from factory but it didn't cut out :). Makes me wonder if there's even a speed cut on there at all. Will have to find out by taking it to 240kph :driver:

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Do let me know the final result! Seriouly keen & addicted!!! Yeah!

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
^ I'll keep you posted bro! :biggrin:

These arrived in the mail today - My 110mm trumpets (ram tubes/velocity stacks). Made right here in New Zealand:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
I installed the trumpets today. Sounds absolutely amazing. Like music to my ears. I knew they were going to be loud, but not THAT loud, not that I'm complaining :)

Rigged up my old cold air intake piping to it in an attempt to route force-fed cold air to the trumpets from the pipe positioned behind the front bumper. Will probably keep it there as it can't do any harm, but will change the blue silicone joiner to a black one so it doesn't look so out of place.

Didn't have a chance to do any drive-by videos today, but took a couple of videos of me revving it, which I have compiled into this YouTube video:

4A-GE 20v Blacktop 110mm Open Trumpets At Full Throttle - YouTube

And of course, a few photos for good measure:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any sifu can help me on this??i wan to turbo my toyota 4K engine..wat turbo can use and wat modifications need to be done..juz wan increse some extra power...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience