Perodua Viva - what mods?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
oi.. y put my name here hahaha!! small potato only my car.. saja tak tau malu go sepang lol

anyways, these were my mods on my slow auto trans viva elite.

-Genuine Apexi Power Intake Open Pod K-Car Spec + Custom Alu Ram Pipe (recommended to use drop in)
-Works Lightened Crank Pulley
-Works Engineering Magnetic Oil Sump Nut
-Dsports 1.3bar Radiator Cap
-Forged Racing Radiator Fan
-Hayden ATF cooler
-Full SS Exhaust System (3-1 Manifold) piping try with 1.5" or 1.6" max for NA, anything more is too much
-UltraRacing 2pt Front Upper Struts
-UltraRacing 3pt Rear Bar
-UltraRacing 3pt Fender Bar
-UltraRacing 2pt Anti Roll Bar 18mm
-UltraRacing 2pt Rear Lower Arm Bar
-Dsports Front Sway Bar
-Stiffrings Rigid Collar
-BC Racing V1 Series Street and Circuit 30pt HLSH Coilovers (from a MYVI 1.3, fits into viva)
-Large single pot caliper + R32 280mm Crossed-Drilled Rotor + (Track :480*C Pads) (Street :420*c Pads) [single pot is good enough, twin pot and beyond is overkill for such a small car]
-Pro-RS Steel Braided Brake Hose [shitty hose, broke and almost killed me. recommended to use SuperCircuit hose]
-Kumho KU31 Ectsa SPT Street Rubbers [165/50/15, the only good tyres for this size back then, works like a charm in Sepang]
-TPI Lugs Nuts
-Genuine Desmond Evo Regamaster 15x6.5jj [If possible, recommend you to use 14" with 165/55/14 because Achilles recently launch new semi slick - ATR K Sport for this size]
-NRG Gauge
-Lubed by Motul 300V, Motul ATF, Motul Coolant

Was considering for a k3vet swap till i decided to change car LOL!

anyways if i still have the car, the following NA mods will be done to it
-Velocity Intake Manifold
-14" rims with Achilles ATR K Sports
-Port & Polish [NastyPortFlow]
-probably emanage / unichip it to squeeze that extra 4-5 whp and torque from the mods :)

any further would be BOT or k3vet swap, but im more of a handling kinda person than power hunger, hence u see mostly handling mods done. With the above setup, the car handles like a go kart, but kinda stiff for daily use. anyways, viva is a light car and a very fragile car. not suited for high speed use.. drive safe and have fun modding! :)
Can all these mod be applied to 660cc or 850cc variant of Viva?

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
sure why not.. all items stated above just plug and play items

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

melvin,
your car is the only viva that enter sepang trackday....must be fully modded..but i liked your viva....
sold it off edi ah?
haha small ciku only bro. yeap sold already. now riding fiesta haha

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
oi.. y put my name here hahaha!! small potato only my car.. saja tak tau malu go sepang lol

-Genuine Apexi Power Intake Open Pod K-Car Spec + Custom Alu Ram Pipe (recommended to use drop in)
-Hayden ATF cooler
-Full SS Exhaust System (3-1 Manifold) piping try with 1.5" or 1.6" max for NA, anything more is too much
-Dsports Front Sway Bar
-Stiffrings Rigid Collar
-BC Racing V1 Series Street and Circuit 30pt HLSH Coilovers (from a MYVI 1.3, fits into viva)
-Large single pot caliper + R32 280mm Crossed-Drilled Rotor + (Track :480*C Pads) (Street :420*c Pads) [single pot is good enough, twin pot and beyond is overkill for such a small car]
-Pro-RS Steel Braided Brake Hose [shitty hose, broke and almost killed me. recommended to use SuperCircuit hose]
-Kumho KU31 Ectsa SPT Street Rubbers [165/50/15, the only good tyres for this size back then, works like a charm in Sepang]
-TPI Lugs Nuts
-Genuine Desmond Evo Regamaster 15x6.5jj [If possible, recommend you to use 14" with 165/55/14 because Achilles recently launch new semi slick - ATR K Sport for this size]
-NRG Gauge

-probably emanage / unichip it to squeeze that extra 4-5 whp and torque from the mods :)

any further would be BOT or k3vet swap, but im more of a handling kinda person than power hunger, hence u see mostly handling mods done. With the above setup, the car handles like a go kart, but kinda stiff for daily use. anyways, viva is a light car and a very fragile car. not suited for high speed use.. drive safe and have fun modding! :)

wow...tats alot of mod for a viva...must have cost quite a fair bit of money.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dude..awesome mod list! Dont even care that it's a Viva. Question, how would you rate your fully modded Viva with your current Fiesta?

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
hmm.. well fiesta also going on the similar pathway mods. but all i can say is viva handles like a go kart with all the mods haha. can tackle almost all corners i encounter on the road with minimal to no braking hehe
couple with good fc, small and happy car, easy to park everywhere... not a bad car after all. just that gotta drive slow.. ive tried up till 160kmph before on north south highway, pretty scary driving a k car up to that kinda speed. safety definitely an issue, but then again. good town driving car

fiesta of course better power delivery and good handling right out from the box with no mods. all in all its a different category all together haha. but then again, the experience gained is priceless. really learn alot about handling, how each and every part affects handling characteristics and also it is cheaper to mod a viva than a fiesta. so now im using those experience to slowly mod my fiesta step by step :p

still a loooong way to learn from all the sifus lurking here in zth. time to explore more on the power department :)

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
hmm.. well fiesta also going on the similar pathway mods. but all i can say is viva handles like a go kart with all the mods haha. can tackle almost all corners i encounter on the road with minimal to no braking hehe
couple with good fc, small and happy car, easy to park everywhere... not a bad car after all. just that gotta drive slow.. ive tried up till 160kmph before on north south highway, pretty scary driving a k car up to that kinda speed. safety definitely an issue, but then again. good town driving car

fiesta of course better power delivery and good handling right out from the box with no mods. all in all its a different category all together haha. but then again, the experience gained is priceless. really learn alot about handling, how each and every part affects handling characteristics and also it is cheaper to mod a viva than a fiesta. so now im using those experience to slowly mod my fiesta step by step :p

still a loooong way to learn from all the sifus lurking here in zth. time to explore more on the power department :)
hey melvin, yours is a fiesta s? just curious to know more about this car, what are the specs?

Jul 16, 2013
sabah
K&N open pod,3-1 extractor white steel,and front till back follow exhaust route 2" - (Viva 1000cc Auto) can tapau ford fiesta, harrier, wira 1.3, satria neo etc..spring kelisa front, back kenari lowered spring, absorber kayaba gas. works great on touge here. Bukit kokol...less brake-ing..using myvi disc brake..planning on bolt on turbo project soon (sleeper mode)

Last edited:

badmelatonin

Aug 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

-Hayden ATF cooler
-Dsports Front Sway Bar
-Stiffrings Rigid Collar
-TPI Lugs Nuts
-NRG Gauge

hi bro, theres this thing i need to ask u. i've noticed dat u've installed WORKS LCP in ur viva. its d same size as stock oem rite? do u need to change d belt? izit just plug & play? any adverse side effect occured to ur ride while/after using it? i planned to installed it anytime soon, however just wanna gather further info bout it. i do read smwr dat a fella need to change d belt (smaller size) when installing it as he mentioned d WORKS LCP was made for kenari/kelisa. i thought its compatible across viva/kenari/kelisa ?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
K&N open pod,3-1 extractor white steel,and front till back follow exhaust route 2" - (Viva 1000cc Auto) can tapau ford fiesta, harrier, wira 1.3, satria neo etc..spring kelisa front, back kenari lowered spring, absorber kayaba gas. works great on touge here. Bukit kokol...less brake-ing..using myvi disc brake..planning on bolt on turbo project soon (sleeper mode)
Automatic, 1000cc... with 2" exhaust pipe? tapao satria neo? in sense of cornering and pick up?

Wow, what are you smoking? I'd like to get my hands on it. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone out there,,

IS it 4g93p block same with GSR 4g93 Turbo block

im lost ma custom form laa for the turbo block,,
so is it ok if i use 4g93p (n/a turbo block) but use all the turbo piston,, olny block n/a turbo..

is it ok
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience