Perodua Viva - what mods?

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys really, I already have the car and if I want to change to a manual I can do that in the future :/
I'm just asking for some mods for the car I already have, yeah I know protons and all are better but this is the car they got me and I can't say anything about so I'm trying to work with what I have.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Guys really, I already have the car and if I want to change to a manual I can do that in the future :/
I'm just asking for some mods for the car I already have, yeah I know protons and all are better but this is the car they got me and I can't say anything about so I'm trying to work with what I have.
Calm down and relax, we're not subjugating you. We are just giving out some suggestions and ideas to discuss only.

BTW, it's a good thing that you did not overreact and started scolding/questioning the ability of the members over here like what happened 1 or 2 weeks ago when some of us here went a little off topic. Those who are always active over here will know what incident I'm talking about. :biggrin:

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks, I know it's just that I got this car and I can't really sell it or get a new car, it's a gift so I'm trying to make due :)

Nah, I come to you guys asking to teach me as I am willing to learn, I understand that some people have their own opinions and some will go off topic :p

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks, I know it's just that I got this car and I can't really sell it or get a new car, it's a gift so I'm trying to make due :)

Nah, I come to you guys asking to teach me as I am willing to learn, I understand that some people have their own opinions and some will go off topic :p
Glad you understand, to me just that Viva is not a car to be mod fast.....:rolleyes:

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
Viva is a powerful car, auto is better, as auto you can control gear shift with your throttle, only is that if you use revving hard on auto, you must add atf cooler, to protect the auto gearbox, next you can upgrade front brake with a myvi front caliper and rotor brake set, then you can choose bucket seat (i prefer fully bucket, cheaper and serve the purpose). and most important i will get a set of lowered spring to match the sporty feel. yours is viva elite right? then appearance wise no need to do much, as it is very nice already, just need lowered.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

steering no need to change, follow japan style, they only change parts that need upgrading and retain those parts that can be used.

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Viva is a powerful car, auto is better, as auto you can control gear shift with your throttle, only is that if you use revving hard on auto, you must add atf cooler, to protect the auto gearbox, next you can upgrade front brake with a myvi front caliper and rotor brake set, then you can choose bucket seat (i prefer fully bucket, cheaper and serve the purpose). and most important i will get a set of lowered spring to match the sporty feel. yours is viva elite right? then appearance wise no need to do much, as it is very nice already, just need lowered.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

steering no need to change, follow japan style, they only change parts that need upgrading and retain those parts that can be used.
Thanks bro, I saw your post in the other thread also, follow your advice a lot :)
Yep mine is Viva Elite. What place do you recommend to get atf cooler from?

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Glad you understand, to me just that Viva is not a car to be mod fast.....:rolleyes:
It's actually quite fast for its size and follows its ancestors the kelisa and the kancil, as both are the same model so I'm willing to take it as far as it's able to go :)
I like seeing the limits of such a compact car.

badmelatonin

Aug 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i wud go for these simple mods:
1) UR front strut & rear anti-roll bar
2) stiff ring
3) SP GAB lowered spring
4) te37 14" 6JJ (replica) + Achilles ATR-K Sport 165/55/R14
5) front Brembo MAX rotor/disc + some ceramic brake pad
6) SuperCircuit Steel Braided Brake Lines
7) WORKS lightened cam pulley
8) WORKS hi-flo drop in filter
9) Adhoc Voltaggio voltage stabilizer
10) Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster (hyper) + Denso Iridium spark plug

side note: driving speed max on normal day @ 90km/h & rainy day @ 60km/h. :biggrin: . follow road speed limit to b safe :driver:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
As everyone else would suggest, handling and braking come first before everything else, because you don't want to ride on a rocket without a landing parachute. Once you are pretty sure this aspect is well taken care of, you get the confidence in driving your car.

That should be your first mod. Good luck, and remember other cars on the road are innocent. They are people's son, daughter, wife, husband, father, mother, brother, sister.
Amazing Ixeo never forget to broadcast the community service message, but you forgot there are also people's girlfriend, mistress and cat and dog who are equally important. Forgive me :biggrin:

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
Go for wider tyre, and improve your braking system.. If u feel underpowered, can do BOT. Try to search around on google how turbo works and parts needed before u go for this.. Auto also no problem if u r speed junkies.. U r not going for race everyday tho. Peace..

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
A piece of advice. It is very hard to unleash this car performance due the limited engine capacity. But there is hope still on making the car doin better corners.

This is my passed experience with my kelisa modded to 1300 cc manual

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
oi.. y put my name here hahaha!! small potato only my car.. saja tak tau malu go sepang lol

anyways, these were my mods on my slow auto trans viva elite.

-Genuine Apexi Power Intake Open Pod K-Car Spec + Custom Alu Ram Pipe (recommended to use drop in)
-Works Lightened Crank Pulley
-Works Engineering Magnetic Oil Sump Nut
-Dsports 1.3bar Radiator Cap
-Forged Racing Radiator Fan
-Hayden ATF cooler
-Full SS Exhaust System (3-1 Manifold) piping try with 1.5" or 1.6" max for NA, anything more is too much
-UltraRacing 2pt Front Upper Struts
-UltraRacing 3pt Rear Bar
-UltraRacing 3pt Fender Bar
-UltraRacing 2pt Anti Roll Bar 18mm
-UltraRacing 2pt Rear Lower Arm Bar
-Dsports Front Sway Bar
-Stiffrings Rigid Collar
-BC Racing V1 Series Street and Circuit 30pt HLSH Coilovers (from a MYVI 1.3, fits into viva)
-Large single pot caliper + R32 280mm Crossed-Drilled Rotor + (Track :480*C Pads) (Street :420*c Pads) [single pot is good enough, twin pot and beyond is overkill for such a small car]
-Pro-RS Steel Braided Brake Hose [shitty hose, broke and almost killed me. recommended to use SuperCircuit hose]
-Kumho KU31 Ectsa SPT Street Rubbers [165/50/15, the only good tyres for this size back then, works like a charm in Sepang]
-TPI Lugs Nuts
-Genuine Desmond Evo Regamaster 15x6.5jj [If possible, recommend you to use 14" with 165/55/14 because Achilles recently launch new semi slick - ATR K Sport for this size]
-NRG Gauge
-Lubed by Motul 300V, Motul ATF, Motul Coolant

Was considering for a k3vet swap till i decided to change car LOL!

anyways if i still have the car, the following NA mods will be done to it
-Velocity Intake Manifold
-14" rims with Achilles ATR K Sports
-Port & Polish [NastyPortFlow]
-probably emanage / unichip it to squeeze that extra 4-5 whp and torque from the mods :)

any further would be BOT or k3vet swap, but im more of a handling kinda person than power hunger, hence u see mostly handling mods done. With the above setup, the car handles like a go kart, but kinda stiff for daily use. anyways, viva is a light car and a very fragile car. not suited for high speed use.. drive safe and have fun modding! :)

Attachments

Last edited: