Perodua Viva - what mods?

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I have a Perodua Viva Elite 1.0 Auto that I would like to mod for better acceleration and handling. I would like to use it for a mix of touge and maybe one day a bit of track.
My question is what should I mod in order to achieve this?

So far I've followed the other thread on what to mod and I have added so far:-

1. Strut and Sway Bars from UR
2. 14" 6.5jj Rota rims with Yokohama BluEarth tires
3. Sach Coilovers on stock springs
4. Bendix brake pads on stock calipers
5. Brake Fluid and Engine oil have been changed to Bosch and Valvoline
6. Voltage Stabilizer and Grounding cables

What I plan to mod in the future:-

1. Full exhaust system with extractor, What brand is good?
2. Either BOT from speedworks or engine swap for K3-VET which is better?
3. Bucket seats, Recaro or Bride?
4. Myvi Calipers and Rotor
5. Racing Steering

What do you guys recommend? Thanks for any input! :biggrin:

Reactions: Haris Liang

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hi, I have a Perodua Viva Elite 1.0 Auto that I would like to mod for better acceleration and handling. I would like to use it for a mix of touge and maybe one day a bit of track.
My question is what should I mod in order to achieve this?

So far I've followed the other thread on what to mod and I have added so far:-

1. Strut and Sway Bars from UR
2. 14" 6.5jj Rota rims with Yokohama BluEarth tires
3. Sach Coilovers on stock springs
4. Bendix brake pads on stock calipers
5. Brake Fluid and Engine oil have been changed to Bosch and Valvoline
6. Voltage Stabilizer and Grounding cables

What I plan to mod in the future:-

1. Full exhaust system with extractor, What brand is good?
2. Either BOT from speedworks or engine swap for K3-VET which is better?
3. Bucket seats, Recaro or Bride?
4. Myvi Calipers and Rotor
5. Racing Steering

What do you guys recommend? Thanks for any input! :biggrin:
That should be your first mod. Good luck, and remember other cars on the road are innocent. They are people's son, daughter, wife, husband, father, mother, brother, sister.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you are really into car modifications, why did you pick automatic transmission in the first place? Should have just go for the manual transmission and that will give you a head start against Viva 1.0 Auto already.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you are really into car modifications, why did you pick automatic transmission in the first place? Should have just go for the manual transmission and that will give you a head start against Viva 1.0 Auto already.
Another thing is why Viva, at least get a Satria.....:driver:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
sparco deep dish steering...enuf to look true race machine...hik

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Guys,dont bang him la....kecian him...
bought a viva because his dad/grandma told him so.

Now he wants more powaaa......

Do a full exhaust and intake first, then do management.

thats it.no need go futher.

:biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ya guys, he asking for mods for a Viva.....no need to tell him get this car or that car la wey.

I agree with Renesis. Do you really need an auto? Cause that's the first thing (ok, second after the brakes) you need to change.

Defier

Jul 26, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys :)
The car was a gift from my whole family so not really my choice on what to get, they all said Viva is city car and auto better for traffic jam so I just smile and accept, dont want to be rude :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No lah! not bang him, just that if want to mod, do it right. Already got an auto, so plenty to do. Might as well keep standard and mod a right car later on....:biggrin:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
darah muda...mana tahan...

U see,free gift some more la that viva.

you guys all must have been a teenager,when everything is free.free is awesome.... and somehow into cars.Budget wise,really low......
Back then even rm200 is a lot....so what i did is DIY to save up some money for shisha/hangout. Back then there was a lot of illegal racing. I wonder why its so quiet nowadays.

So this kid want to make his car fast,but they dont know,that stock is the best setup.its hard to get even a pony out of small cc engine without tuning...but management is expensive.

So rather than making your car fast,IMHO opinion the best cheapest way is to make your car feel fast.
If you have budget,make it logical.k3vet.is it logic?if its logic go ahead.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
darah muda...mana tahan...

U see,free gift some more la that viva.

you guys all must have been a teenager,when everything is free.free is awesome.... and somehow into cars.Budget wise,really low......
Back then even rm200 is a lot....so what i did is DIY to save up some money for shisha/hangout. Back then there was a lot of illegal racing. I wonder why its so quiet nowadays.

So this kid want to make his car fast,but they dont know,that stock is the best setup.its hard to get even a pony out of small cc engine without tuning...but management is expensive.

So rather than making your car fast,IMHO opinion the best cheapest way is to make your car feel fast.
If you have budget,make it logical.k3vet.is it logic?if its logic go ahead.
No need to patronize bro. You don't know him personally so don't think you can judge.

He's asking for advice for modding his car, nothing more nothing less. Just stick with the program.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Another thing is why Viva, at least get a Satria.....:driver:
The truth is, the price of a Viva 1.0 auto is enough to get you a very well modified Satria, Putra, Wira or Perdana already. Hehe, but fuel consumption and service is very different with Viva of course. Have the car but no money to maintain it also cannot. :biggrin:

viva auto touge and abit of track? really? get a manual kancil turbo instead broo...
Kancil turbo is cheap but is the maintenance cost low or not? Since it is turbocharged, so I thought maybe it won't be easy to maintain the car. Or is it more or less the same with the maintenance cost of normal Kancil?

Guys,dont bang him la....kecian him...
bought a viva because his dad/grandma told him so.

Now he wants more powaaa......

Do a full exhaust and intake first, then do management.

thats it.no need go futher.

:biggrin:
Then at least insist on getting a manual version instead. You get cheaper price tag, better fuel consumption, better gearbox reliability and better performance as well.

Thanks guys :)
The car was a gift from my whole family so not really my choice on what to get, they all said Viva is city car and auto better for traffic jam so I just smile and accept, dont want to be rude :biggrin:
Too bad. You should have convinced them for buying the manual because it is cheaper.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car is a 72 Ford
1600cc singal cam,7.5+- comp.ratio,running on carburator,no ECU

all sifu...
can i bolt on turbo on tis engine???
wat the size of the turbo???
need to change piston???
can carbie tahan the boost???or need to modify to injection using those stane-alone ECU???
can tell me wat parts i need for bolt on turbo???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience