Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ini semua gila turbo punya olang...
But i am also interested in turbo la, just takut it break because my foot also quite heavy.. even na car i also managed to break my driveshaft already..
knn...how to foot heavy in island :rofl: hahahaha...

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
knn...how to foot heavy in island :rofl: hahahaha...
At night after 2am road clear a bit hehe.

That time when my driveshaft broke, i think is either a wira gsr or wira evo challenged me. Because he has at least 6 gauges at his dashboard. If na cars usually also have 3 gauges only. Since its turbo, need go all out already..and i broke my driveshaft when upshift 1st to 2nd gear..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At night after 2am road clear a bit hehe.

That time when my driveshaft broke, i think is either a wira gsr or wira evo challenged me. Because he has at least 6 gauges at his dashboard. If na cars usually also have 3 gauges only. Since its turbo, need go all out already..and i broke my driveshaft when upshift 1st to 2nd gear..
Penang island Terror........hhahahhahahaha

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
That's approximately 13 litres per 100km. I assume your daily commuting is around that
slightly better...underboost most of the time due to traffic. Can go up to around 360km for 40 liter.

Cool mods !! Talking about FC, my 1JZ with mixed driving still able to pull 380 km from RM100 RON 95. Its not even full tank yet.
thanks, its on going mod. now at 75% progress

Ini semua gila turbo punya olang...
But i am also interested in turbo la, just takut it break because my foot also quite heavy.. even na car i also managed to break my driveshaft already..
build it right and good maintenance, u can tekan till your heart content.

anyone here play v6tt how much hp can get from stock internal?
probably around 19x or 20x whp. best is to leave stock for reliability. modding it will be costly.

if you're going to mod it, better get evo engine. cheaper, reliable and part easily source. Any service center/workshop can service your car without cutting your throat.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
slightly better...underboost most of the time due to traffic. Can go up to around 360km for 40 liter.

thanks, its on going mod. now at 75% progress.
Do you have any idea which i can make any stock turbo to spool up faster ? My stock 1jz starts spooling at 2.5k and full boost by 3.5k rpms, it affects abit when picking up speed.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Do you have any idea which i can make any stock turbo to spool up faster ? My stock 1jz starts spooling at 2.5k and full boost by 3.5k rpms, it affects abit when picking up speed.
that 1k rpm difference shouldnt take that long right?

this might help:

turbo side:
port and polish the stock turbo
ball bearing journal
twin scroll turbo
downpipe (noticable different on response after i change to bigger downpipe)

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
that 1k rpm difference shouldnt take that long right?

this might help:

turbo side:
port and polish the stock turbo
ball bearing journal
twin scroll turbo
downpipe (noticable different on response after i change to bigger downpipe)
Turbo side:
port and polish the stock turbo - this is to smoothen out airflow ?
ball bearing journal
twin scroll turbo
downpipe - > DONE, when converting into my E46, this one is larger like 3"

In between twin scroll vs ball bearing, which one can be much easier to be modified into CT15 stock turbo ?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Turbo side:
port and polish the stock turbo - this is to smoothen out airflow ?
ball bearing journal
twin scroll turbo
downpipe - > DONE, when converting into my E46, this one is larger like 3"

In between twin scroll vs ball bearing, which one can be much easier to be modified into CT15 stock turbo ?
PnP; yes, smoothen the airflow to promote better response. i did not do this because theres mix feedback on this. some say it works, other say better rebuild turbo or buy new one.

twin scroll require u to change exhaust side turbine/kacuk to other model. better off find good twin scroll turbo.

ball bearing would be easier to modified, change the internal stuff.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
PnP; yes, smoothen the airflow to promote better response. i did not do this because theres mix feedback on this. some say it works, other say better rebuild turbo or buy new one.

twin scroll require u to change exhaust side turbine/kacuk to other model. better off find good twin scroll turbo.

ball bearing would be easier to modified, change the internal stuff.
I better off going with ball bearing, because i am not planning to change the turbo as that will require me to change out the manifold as well. One mods lead to the other, after modifying the turbo, fuel injectors and ECU needs to be modified as well. Never ending journey,

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I better off going with ball bearing, because i am not planning to change the turbo as that will require me to change out the manifold as well. One mods lead to the other, after modifying the turbo, fuel injectors and ECU needs to be modified as well. Never ending journey,
upgrading to ball bearings is already a step in that direction

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I've browse through couple of Import Tuner magazine online and saw this red & black cap on Honda cars. What is it called and what is the function of it?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience