Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifu/otai2,

I'm a late come to this pv6 due to funding and studying. Hahaha :smokin:

Now after 2 years working manage to grab a piece from discontinue mitsu legacy evo3.

I've plan to have it 300whp daily driven / drag(during event) pv6 car with stock internal and turbo. I hope to get some input from experience user and share some knowledge to those who are new in turbo car.

Hopefully som1 can pin point the weakest link in this build.

FF Evo3 transplant Pv6 build:

Handling/braking
-twin pot pajero front and ventilated + large rotor front and rear.
-ps3 215/45/17 tyre all around + bendix pad
-UR bra front top&bottom and rear bottom
-zerone 32step adjustable hi/lo/soft/hard

Potential Upgrade:
4pot front 2pot rear brake

Engine:
-evo3 engine stock injector, fuel rail ,internal, turbo tdo5 big 16g, gbox, oil cooler
-38mm waste gate
-bov
-FMIC stock evo3
-OCT
-evo3 ecu
-2.5"piping from exhaust manifold till muffler, muffler 3"evo6

Upgrades:
- fuel regulator Done
-fuel pump avs or DeatschWerks got avs unit
-Link G4+ ecu / haltech stand alone (most probably second unit)

End with repaint my car..hahaha :rofl:

Thanks in advance

http://i.imgur.com/THVj197.jpg

:driver::driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Very nice and clean looking engine. Looks like you did your transplant well.

Did you consider changing the exhaust manifold for those banana type? Might be a good idea because I think stock exhaust manifold might crack.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Very nice and clean looking engine. Looks like you did your transplant well.

Did you consider changing the exhaust manifold for those banana type? Might be a good idea because I think stock exhaust manifold might crack.
Thanks..Yup..But I keep it stock for reliability..I heard different, stock manifold quite better..hahaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Thanks..Yup..But I keep it stock for reliability..I heard different, stock manifold quite better..hahaha
Hmm, I guess that depends on the aftermarket manifold's material maybe?

Banana good in equal flow. Stock manifold can last longer.
Yes, you are right about this. Normally these aftermarket manifold will improve exhaust gas flow into the turbocharger. Something like improving exhaust gas scavenging and preventing exhaust gasses from flowing into the wrong cylinder instead of the turbocharger.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
300whp needs big improvement. Cams, bigger turbo, i dont know whether the stock manifold can withstand the pressure for 300whp because i can foresee with current turbine u will definitely boosting above 1.5 bar.
or are you aiming for 300hp? because 300hp vs 300whp is very different.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
clean and nice setup.

where you formally in lowyat?

so your battery is in the rear too? how come your air intake is link to your turbo?

300hp, doable. if I not wrong, existing evo 3 is already 280hp,

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
marsha1l_v6 nice car....

clean and nice setup.

so your battery is in the rear too? how come your air intake is link to your turbo?

280 at crank.... not taking in consideration the age lagi..... 300 at the wheels is quite alot

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Air intake pipe must be connected to the turbo isn't it. When the turbine spools up from exhaust gas, it will cause the compressor to draw in air for compression.
air path
intake > maf > turbo(cold) > (bov) > throttle body > bang bang > (waste) > turbo(hot) > fart fart

edit:ehh wait.... am dumb @x@

Last edited:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, you are right about this. Normally these aftermarket manifold will improve exhaust gas flow into the turbocharger. Something like improving exhaust gas scavenging and preventing exhaust gasses from flowing into the wrong cylinder instead of the turbocharger.
Yup thats true. Will look into this option, asking around on its reliability.

300whp needs big improvement. Cams, bigger turbo, i dont know whether the stock manifold can withstand the pressure for 300whp because i can foresee with current turbine u will definitely boosting above 1.5 bar.
or are you aiming for 300hp? because 300hp vs 300whp is very different.
Yup, 300whp. I'm not sure how many % hp lose at crank for ff setup. But after those tune with standalone, i'll see where im at to reach the goal. Plan to boost 1.3 bar max for standard setup.

Else gonna be stage 2 upgrade. :biggrin:

clean and nice setup.

yup less active there now, quit pc scene for a while. Focus on car.

it is doable for engine hp. Not so sure for on wheel hp.

marsha1l_v6 nice car....

280 at crank.... not taking in consideration the age lagi..... 300 at the wheels is quite alot
Thanks..yup quite alot. lets see what will this minor mod brings..:driver:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Which dyno are you going to get your car tuned?

If dynojet, at 1.2bar also normally hits around 260-270whp only, 300whp definitely need 1.5 bar but then the durability of your stock turbo will be affected.
I would say is, just get a bigger turbo

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Porsche Boxster. In my mind, it is perhaps the most iconic sports car of all time. Something I could possibly attain in my lifetime. A poster of the 986 Boxster was on my wall for a good 8 years, before it yellowed so badly, I had to take it down. That poster is still under my bed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't like soft-tops. But I'd take a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience