Perdana v6 : Road to 300whp.... and beyond

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, that was what I meant. Because that was the amount I got :biggrin:
20G is definitely sufficient to hit 300whp easier with lesser boost. If you want to remain stock turbo, you will need supporting mods to bring it closer to the target such as performance cams to name a few.
300BHP? Definitely :biggrin:
Good to know 20g can achieve. But is it possible 20g with stock internals?

If stock setup unable to achieve that, everything must upgrade once the stock parts is changed:banghead:

Looks like need to go stage 2, what I have in mind:
-20g turbo
-Oversize piston (1jz/Pajero)
-PnP
-Lighten cam/crank/pulley
-Upgrade rod bearings
-Upgrade injectors n fuel rail

Gbox.. Hopefully clutch can withstand..

Stage 2 unable to drive it daily :sleep:

asalkan post turbo and before throttle can dah hehe
And kapischssss sound don't forget..Or chu chu chu:driver::driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Then what about those compressed air between the throttle and past the intercooler? They'll probably go backwards into the intercooler again because the pressure before the intercooler is lower after BOV releases the air?
i dont think they would go backwards, the BOV will equalize those pressure after turbo > throttle. Those connection are seal and connected in single/serial route.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

If stock setup unable to achieve that, everything must upgrade once the stock parts is changed:banghead:

-20g turbo
-Oversize piston (1jz/Pajero)
-PnP
-Lighten cam/crank/pulley
-Upgrade rod bearings
-Upgrade injectors n fuel rail

20G to hit 300whp with stock internals is possible.
Clutch better to upgrade, at least an Exedy 4 puck like what I am using now. Not that stiff so jams still okay :rofl:
Injectors and rails don't need to upgrade. Can withstand 300whp. But if you want to upgrade, later EVO ones will do at 560cc. You absolutely don't need any higher.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Then what about those compressed air between the throttle and past the intercooler? They'll probably go backwards into the intercooler again because the pressure before the intercooler is lower after BOV releases the air?
actually charged air pre & post intercooler, almost the same je. its a slightly dif density dif due to the temps. and yeah ur right, it will flow backwards if the bov is located pre intake.
if anything.. maybe the response might be slightly affected in event you blip the throttle, i duno

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
20G to hit 300whp with stock internals is possible.
Clutch better to upgrade, at least an Exedy 4 puck like what I am using now. Not that stiff so jams still okay :rofl:
Injectors and rails don't need to upgrade. Can withstand 300whp. But if you want to upgrade, later EVO ones will do at 560cc. You absolutely don't need any higher.
20g with stock internal is it reliable? or supporting mod needed? I suppose boost could maintain around 1.3?

usually i heard twin plate clutch is better, not sure about clutch though. I'll see the duty cycle for injector ,if there is any need to change, i'll change :smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I actually draw this using Paint before few years ago to explain about turbo engine to my friend.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I actually draw this using Paint before few years ago to explain about turbo engine to my friend.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Simple and easy.. but you tell 0 knowledge people, can say that you are playing a piano in front of a cow...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Simple and easy.. but you tell 0 knowledge people, can say that you are playing a piano in front of a cow...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Well, because some of my friends ask me what is turbo engine. So, I draw this diagram to explain to them. But first, I need to tell them about how an engine produce power. By the combustion of air fuel mixture. If not, how to explain about the extra intake air provided by the turbo.

Many will tell me why don't I go for engineering to do something related to car. I said, everyone in forum knows all these and many of them are not even in automotive industry.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

-20g turbo
-adjustable cam pulley
-Upgrade rod bearings
-Upgrade injectors

adjusted a few requirement above
and + for mild performance cam....

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
adjusted a few requirement above
and + for mild performance cam....
thanks bro.. would this be reliable?

Anyway, should i get evc or just tulang ikan is enough..:hmmmm:

bcause got offer 450 for HKS evc 4 used...but not yet purchase fuel pump and regulator though

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
btw, im having issue where boost meter slowly creep/ jump to 2bar...even at idle. i dont hear any turbo spooling when light accelerate.

Can this be sensor issue? and not a leak in piping?..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
btw, im having issue where boost meter slowly creep/ jump to 2bar...even at idle. i dont hear any turbo spooling when light accelerate.

Can this be sensor issue? and not a leak in piping?..
But boost meter run on pressure in vacuum hose....:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

EVC got how many models?all model are boost controller?izzit good for a beginner?how much selling in market? :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience