Passion in Detailing - MY 1st try on CLEANING RIMS myself

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The inner side of the rim isn't paint coated, is it? If no then I suggest you try metal polisher first..autosol metal polisher only RM12 if not mistaken. Rather than getting a more expensive product to experiment. If autosol alone doesn't work, then u might wana try to lightly wet sand it with 1500-2000 grit and above to see if the black stuff comes off. Good luck bro. Hope to see it restored +u+u
From the look of it, doesn't seem like paint coated. Rough to the touch..so might try
autosol then but also might try the Chrome & Metal Polisher from Turtlewax that I
bought to clean the new rims on Kelisa.

Will try out with autosol 1st, then maybe sandpaper as well...Cuz of all the wheels,
only that one particular wheel is like that.

Meg's Wheel Brightener FTW!!! Had those kind of black stains and successfully removed 90% ~ 95% with WB. Wanna try something cheap? Been wondering whether it'll work or not. Diesel with a scotchbright.
Never seen that product before though, it seems the Meguairs products available at Eneos
is not really full range of products, from the catalogue, there are lots more not on the shelf.
Turtlewax have wider range instead.

The inside of the wheelwell is most probably coarsely painted/coated anyway (my OEM waja, myvi and chery wheels are like that). Furthermore, judging from the pictures, brake dust or all sort would have most probably eaten through and caused quite a bit of damage. If those thing can be successfully removed, a few layers of fresh coating from a spray can would be able to do wonders.....hehehe.....
Ya, but surprised that only 1 Rims have that Black BirthMark :rofl:
Let's hope what was suggested by cvkit works. :top:

Will repost again...means i got to wash the rims again LOL! Adi wash the rims after tar remover...

Even my parents was asking, what are u doing polishing the rims when u r selling it? :rofl:
I said, is for a friend and also taking it as practice..:proud:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Then did your parents followed up with a question : your friend is a girl ar? :rofl:

The turtlewax chrome and metal polisher is in liquid or paste form? I'm just afraid that it might be of the same thing with Autosol metal polisher...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then did your parents followed up with a question : your friend is a girl ar? :rofl:

I think that question of a friend is girl or not. Surely u asking indirectly :rofl:
Is a girl. Quite beautiful but then is a friend of my gf la...

The turtlewax chrome and metal polisher is in liquid or paste form? I'm just afraid that it might be of the same thing with Autosol metal polisher...
Liquid Form. Got another brand I didnt buy is only RM15.90 if not wrong. Light Grey Colour Bottle in Liquid Form. Can't remember the brand. But that brand only got 1 product.

This is the one RM15.90

This is the turtlewax I bought...there are 2 types. One more is Chrome Polish with Rust Remover effect.

BUt I ask the guys, is this chrome Polish suitable for alloy rims? Since Kelisa stock rims are alloy.
Only the myvi SE rims is Chrome...

How come I didnt see this for sale? :banghead:

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wakakakaka!!! Ask her to join us DIT someday :rofl:

If u r looking for Meg's products, ACE hardware got a lot. Since u r near to DPC, maybe drop by home fix? They sell Meg's too but I don't think it is full range

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If u r looking for Meg's products, ACE hardware got a lot. Since u r near to DPC, maybe drop by home fix? They sell Meg's too but I don't think it is full range
Bro. cvkit wants an introduction leh! Faster ask her to come DIT.
Can come my place and tell her DIT is to beautify her new rims......kakakakakaka:rofl:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
a lady joining in the DIT..... i also wanna join.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Wahahahah darkaccoon is sifu wor...mm Hou yi xi geh...mana boleh spare Tayar hahaha
no need to mm hou yi xi. I fast fast kau tim the spare tyre and help guide the chick. You guys slowly kau tim ur 3 rims lar ya. :P

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wahahahah darkaccoon is sifu wor...mm Hou yi xi geh...mana boleh spare Tayar hahaha
He sifu that is why he take spare tyre, then he supervise the rest of us....:adore:

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

no need to mm hou yi xi. I fast fast kau tim the spare tyre and help guide the chick. You guys slowly kau tim ur 3 rims lar ya. :P
Aiseh! suppose to supervise us, but he only teach the chick.....:confused::rolleyes::rofl::rofl:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
ehhh... wait wait....... mana ada sifu...... how come i dun see him wan.... i look at the mirror, i see a fat useless prick only.

Wuakaka, of course can teach all together but chick gets priority one to one hands on (male instinct)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
DIT with her....do what together 1st...? :stoned: sounds so wrong :rofl:

What is DPC? Deep Penetra**** Center? :rofl: U guys lead me to the wrong world liao now...:laugh:

Bro. cvkit wants an introduction leh! Faster ask her to come DIT.
Can come my place and tell her DIT is to beautify her new rims......kakakakakaka:rofl:
a lady joining in the DIT..... i also wanna join.
Can can...can DIT, just as long as u guys keep your wolf's tails well behave will do...
as long as is DIT and not DHU...:rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ehhh... wait wait....... mana ada sifu...... how come i dun see him wan.... i look at the mirror, i see a fat useless prick only.

Wuakaka, of course can teach all together but chick gets priority one to one hands on (male instinct)
Like hold her hands to teach her how to hold the brush......:rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

DIT with her....do what together 1st...? :stoned: sounds so wrong :rofl:

What is DPC? Deep Penetra**** Center? :rofl: U guys lead me to the wrong world liao now...:laugh:

Can can...can DIT, just as long as u guys keep your wolf's tails well behave will do...
as long as is DIT and not DHU...:rofl:
Your mind going off alignment, DIT the rims together mah! in between that I don't know...........hahahahhahha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has finally launched the V36 Skyline Coupe 370GT to the Japanese market with 333ps under the hood, making it the most powerful V6 in its class.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

The V36 Skyline Coupe is powered by VQ37VHR ,also includes Nissan’s new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience