Passion in Detailing - MY 1st try on CLEANING RIMS myself

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
lol i thought you're gonna sell those rims to your friend? Ask your friend to cabut the rims for us to work hahahaha.. Can DIT car .. maybe along with some taikors here :biggrin: we can learn a lot
Friend waiting for her income 1st only get from me, so for now, i got more time to work on it.
:smile:

Rims, get so many taikors to work on it kinda waste their time wor...2 people working on
rims already consider a lot :rofl: but learning together is good la haha!

Maybe gonna try with TAR remover 1st.

Any ideas how to get rid of some minor scratches on rims guys? Suggestions? Scratch remover
by Meguiars maybe ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
take your time bro, takes time to develop
Practice makes perfect.......:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Find a day we DIT :biggrin:
Waiting for you guys.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Sure! :top:

:rofl: Continuing on the rims u mean? :laugh: can can :wink:
Rims also can, car also can......:wavey:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Practice makes perfect.......:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Waiting for you guys.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Rims also can, car also can......:wavey:
if DIT i surely take the opp to do the car together LOL! but not Altis, maybe Saga will do.
Can see the swirls liao...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha...then lets do it ! I wana do my sister's wira too..but got another project in mind for that car. :biggrin:
Wiralution it?.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

if DIT i surely take the opp to do the car together LOL! but not Altis, maybe Saga will do.
Can see the swirls liao...
Come for the exercise too.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wiralution it?.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Come for the exercise too.....:biggrin:
Now is more likely to WiraLution X it...:rofl:

Come for exercise? Exercise is after the Detailing Session at midnight or during detailing session type of exercise? :rofl:

But now just need to get rid of those fine scratches on the rims...deeper one nothing i can do.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now is more likely to WiraLution X it...:rofl:

Come for exercise? Exercise is after the Detailing Session at midnight or during detailing session type of exercise? :rofl:

But now just need to get rid of those fine scratches on the rims...deeper one nothing i can do.
Want to try out, you will need some ammunitions (products) also, if not also cannot try.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Want to try out, you will need some ammunitions (products) also, if not also cannot try.....
Wait we are talking about products for the rims or u know what I'm thinking? :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Tried Meguiars Tar Remover, still doesn't help or has no effect, already let it sit in for 1 min - 2 mins.

Still the same. Maybe next have to use Chrome and Metal Polish. Or gonna just have to get the Sonax Xtreme Wheel Cleaner since got some good feedback.

Suspecting that those black marks have already eat into the rims. So, might be beyond save...:frown:
Tar Remover manage to remove some Tars on the rims, didn't take any photo since just slight difference.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The inner side of the rim isn't paint coated, is it? If no then I suggest you try metal polisher first..autosol metal polisher only RM12 if not mistaken. Rather than getting a more expensive product to experiment. If autosol alone doesn't work, then u might wana try to lightly wet sand it with 1500-2000 grit and above to see if the black stuff comes off. Good luck bro. Hope to see it restored +u+u

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Meg's Wheel Brightener FTW!!! Had those kind of black stains and successfully removed 90% ~ 95% with WB. Wanna try something cheap? Been wondering whether it'll work or not. Diesel with a scotchbright.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Meg's Wheel Brightener FTW!!! Had those kind of black stains and successfully removed 90% ~ 95% with WB. Wanna try something cheap? Been wondering whether it'll work or not. Diesel with a scotchbright.
Scotch bright? is like 400 grit sand paper woh!.....:rolleyes:

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
The inside of the wheelwell is most probably coarsely painted/coated anyway (my OEM waja, myvi and chery wheels are like that). Furthermore, judging from the pictures, brake dust or all sort would have most probably eaten through and caused quite a bit of damage. If those thing can be successfully removed, a few layers of fresh coating from a spray can would be able to do wonders.....hehehe.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys... any1 know where to get transparent rod for makin angel eye ???
:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience