Optimum Ferrex Tested

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
One of the biggest issues while cleaning a car is the removal of brake dust, tar and other contaminants from the wheels and painted surfaces.

The traditional method is to use clay and some other lubricant or a tar remover can also be used. However, tar removers or iron oxide removers tend to be very strong and could damage the paint.

I just received this from Optimum USA and put it to the test.

Optimum Ferrex.

Just spray on and let it do the work. The contaminants will change the color of the Ferrex.

I tried to just pressure wash it off to see how it works without agitation:

Pretty good result:

But for stubborn stains best to agitate:

Easy to use with great results and safe for automotive painted surfaces.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Seech : 2nd application still managed to get that much dark red residue? How is it on painted surface like bumper? And most importantly : how much is it?

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Seech : 2nd application still managed to get that much dark red residue? How is it on painted surface like bumper? And most importantly : how much is it?
Hi Izso,

The proper process is to wash off the wheel first before applying the Optimum Ferrex. Just to see how effective it is, we tried it out on a dirty wheel and hence the need to repeat and agitate.

Haven't tried it on painted surfaces yet. Will do so and also post a review on the Optimum MDR Mineral Deposit Remover. Good stuff also to remove water marks without polishing.

Can't comment on pricing here. Apologies.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
knowing the current US/Malaysia currency exchange rate....I don't think the price of this product is encouraging....

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
knowing the current US/Malaysia currency exchange rate....I don't think the price of this product is encouraging....
Yup, imported stuff currently will be expensive.....:smokin:
Actually the prices have been unchanged relatively despite the drop in the MYR vs USD.

The larger gallon sizes are much more economical.