Optimum Coating : Mercedes Benz S300 *new*

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Today we are here at Sungai Buloh for a Professional Paint Coating on a Mercedes Benz S300 brand new. Condition of the car was not really ready for the coating application, follow us*through*the process of*preparation.

First we will be inspecting the surfaces for any defects, watermarks, swirls, random isolated deep scratches, tar spots, bug stains, etc.

We identified that the dealership polished the car and left some residue at the door jam, rubber lining areas and some other edges.

To most people its nothing but to us its everything, we cannot accept such sloppy finishing when it comes to an*expensive*car but how can Mercedes Benz do this to their customer? Pure laziness or they*subcon*the job to someone else?

We found more of these small small left overs of polishing residue all over the car.

Then we further inspection the quality of the polishing job and unfortunately its not good. They did not damage the paint but they left buffing trails which meant they did not finish the paint properly.

The door pillars made of plastic was covered in buffing trails too.

We started with the wheels first and worked our way up to the body. Certainly we use different grade of washing tools for wheels and the car's body

Continental cars are more prone to brake dust as their main concern of their vehicles are the safety feature. One of the core component is their brakes. Extreme stopping power means the brake pads will product more friction and ultimately more brake dust.

We used horse hair brushes to reach into gaps whole spraying on Osren's Multi Cleaner diluted. After cleaning the rims we went on to Opti-Coating the rims first to allow more curing time for the rims.

For the correction process we didn't compound the buffing trails instead we use a dual action polisher to remove the buffing trails. After removing we re-examined the surface to double comfirm that there are no remainding hidden swirls.

Due to the colour of this car (gun metal grey) is a rather hard to inspect under LED or Halogen lighting. Instead of using the conventional method of examining the paint, we used the sun's direct beam. After Correction and removal of the buffing trails we found no further defects.

A different view of the previosly damaged hood.

we also took the liberty to use a 3" cutting pad to remove swirls and then finishined up with a dual action polisher on the side pillars. Shot with a LED light on a Samsung Galaxy SII.

After a 6hour ordeal with the lengthy............Read More Here

Regards,
Team Optimum

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello fellow zthians ... sorry to kacau u all

neway , ive juz sent my car for spraying n da colour is metallic black . hmm , any pros n cons which i need to follow after i get bk my car coz i dunwan to damage da newly sprayed colour . oh ya , wat shud i do in order to make sure dat da colour on my car wont fade away . thanks alot ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience