open pod air filter on Carburator cars..

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
horr fred doing business here arh?? hehhehee! :biggrin: welcomee.. and i will find u if i wanna buy the ram pipe ok bro!!

crave4modify said:
i have done my own mod on this. i'll post up the latest pic of my engine bay soon... hehe tested my car for long travel easily goes to max speed but scary though its noot feel tht the car fly but it felt tht the car go more lower to the road maybe its just too much G
modding air filter can cause car to go lower wan ar? weird....

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Tis my open air pod...... :biggrin:
Tis will suck more hot air ha???Maybe i should get longer air ram...?

Last edited:

hayabuza

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2005
Klang
Bro fstrader...80mm is equal to 3.2". U think it can fit my air filter or not? Here's some pic of my air filter...

ChuckY

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Bukit OUG
soree didnt log on...my adapter bought from one shop at sunway,its ready made.as for the pipe is custom made to make it longer. it does have better suction of cool air from front but bcos its too long so performance wise rpm hard to go up fast...i suggest short ram but longer CAI..juz my 2 cents

Last edited:

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site

I believe this UFO-shaped airfilter is what u need if u mod ur engine for mid/upper-RPM (eg racing camshaf), coz it has shorter effective intake length. Don't be too afraid of hot air, carbs are less sensitive to hot air compare to EFI :smile:

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
taqu said:

I believe this UFO-shaped airfilter is what u need if u mod ur engine for mid/upper-RPM (eg racing camshaf), coz it has shorter effective intake length. Don't be too afraid of hot air, carbs are less sensitive to hot air compare to EFI :smile:
Are you 100% sure ..?? Carbs less sensitive to hot air compare to EFI ? Can someone plz confirm this..??
Coz if really true then i dun have to spend so much ler to mod my carb filter to open pod one... just do that one up there...
So can someone plzzzz confirm wat taqu said up there..?

anyway my car dun have racing camshaft (not like wat taqu said up there..) , so how? aiyork............ -_-

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
MrKoo said:
Are you 100% sure ..?? Carbs less sensitive to hot air compare to EFI ? Can someone plz confirm this..??
Coz if really true then i dun have to spend so much ler to mod my carb filter to open pod one... just do that one up there...
So can someone plzzzz confirm wat taqu said up there..?

anyway my car dun have racing camshaft (not like wat taqu said up there..) , so how? aiyork............ -_-
up tat photo is using KNN filter which cost few hundred...i dun think other brand got such model of filter (unsure)

if u do piping wit a 3" open port filter..is not cause u so much

juz see which one u prefer...juz do it...no harm man....no panic...

carb not ecu..maybe not so sensitis as efi(control by ecu)...

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
huakenny said:
up tat photo is using KNN filter which cost few hundred...i dun think other brand got such model of filter (unsure)

if u do piping wit a 3" open port filter..is not cause u so much

juz see which one u prefer...juz do it...no harm man....no panic...

carb not ecu..maybe not so sensitis as efi(control by ecu)...
thank u huakenny..

actually.. if it's really true that carb filter dun have to worry so much bout hot air.. then i rather just put that KNN filter up there lor.. the round ufo-shape wan...

coz right now, plannin to do open pod... but if i do open pod, i gotta get alot of things.. the adapter, ram pipe, and air filter... All three things from different people/places... So quite mafan la hope u noe wat i talking about... >__<
Somemore the CAI also must get from another person.. wah...

Tats why now if it's true bout wat taqu said up there... And the power between that ufo-shape KNN filter and open pod KNN filter is the same, then i rather choose the ufo-shape one rite..?

sooo helpppp... someone plz confirm wid me...

heheee kenny, no la not panic... but i the type of people who, once i do something, reli want to do it correct wan lor.. if do wrong i reli very frustrated wan.. >_< and not like i very rich to change here change there if do mistake... so reli hope u good people here will help.... i noe i reli very fannnnn u all ady.. sorry sorryy... :turtle:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i'm driving 1.3 wira carb...
if u say carb is less sensitive to hot air..mayb its true...
but cold air will certainly improve the performance...coz i notice quite some diff when i driving at night....somemore the filter originally already sambung to the front to suck in cooler air....

its from my experience...just my 0.00002 cents.....
p.s: my car is 100% stock....

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Carb need warmer air than EFI to help the atomization of fuel being mixed with air. If u still too afraid of air being too hot, use the UFO-shaped airfilter and use back the old airbox scoop that leads to the grille, or to the extreme(crazy), remove ur bonnet :biggrin:

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
good morning...
hahahaha thanks la taqu and everybody...
but i think made up my mind la.. just get the open pod one la.. sambung ram pipe nearer to front .. dun care ady!
mafan damn lot ppl and ask too much questions about open pod ady, if dun get it wasted.. hahahaa!!!! no la just jokin... but yeah.. gettin' open pod ady.. thankss!! :smile:

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
i have a stupid question lah...
you know the mini filter we put at the engine head once we change to open pod? my engine has been leaking oil through that filter for a while now, and i dont know why, and its really irrtating that my timing belt and whole engine bay is slicked with oil...has this happened to any of you before? i got tid of that filter, btw and my mechanic he extended a rubber hose from the hole to the bottom of the engine bay and im not sure wether the engine will kong faster or not since the hole isnt filtered....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

after this persona wagon then persona softtop then persona [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]coupe[/FONT][/FONT] 2 door then persona special edition then persona R3 the persona GTi then persona limited edition bla bla bla...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience