open pod air filter on Carburator cars..

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
wahliao... im very very impressed with u all la... thanks so much for the pictures and proof la that my car can...

now i think all i need after the open pod air filter and adapter is the CAI ... wooohoo!!

thanks weih all of u .. reli reli appreciate..

fred din get your reply la bro..! sorryyy.. tot u sien of layaning my cheong hei questions ady.. hehehhh!

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
chucky, what brand is your whole filter assembly? coz the adaptor looks beaut!
mine is just the chapalang RM55 steel adaptor which is quite dull, and i like the way you did the extension to the battery area, its what im planning to do later with a Ultra Racing stainless steel mesh filter lol.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
MrKoo said:
wahliao... im very very impressed with u all la... thanks so much for the pictures and proof la that my car can...

now i think all i need after the open pod air filter and adapter is the CAI ... wooohoo!!

thanks weih all of u .. reli reli appreciate..

fred din get your reply la bro..! sorryyy.. tot u sien of layaning my cheong hei questions ady.. hehehhh!
aik i send to u edi worr...

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
ahahahaaa fred replied u ady... :biggrin:

anyway.. i notice the difference between the air filters in these two pics... one is longer.. one shorter.. how come ar??

issit one is using long ram pipe and one short ram pipe?
or it has nothing to do with the long/short ram pipe..?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
MrKoo said:
ahahahaaa fred replied u ady... :biggrin:

anyway.. i notice the difference between the air filters in these two pics... one is longer.. one shorter.. how come ar??

issit one is using long ram pipe and one short ram pipe?
or it has nothing to do with the long/short ram pipe..?

one is without extension

another one is wit 3" extension pipe(if im not mistaken) to make it longer....coz his CAI is in front there....cun cun blow to his filter...

hayabuza

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2005
Klang
Hi...bout the air ram thingy...impressive piece of mod to me...the most impressive part is how the connection from the adapter to the air filter end...is it the same size...i mean 3" all the way or smaller?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
hayabuza said:
Hi...bout the air ram thingy...impressive piece of mod to me...the most impressive part is how the connection from the adapter to the air filter end...is it the same size...i mean 3" all the way or smaller?
should be 3inch all the way as seen from the photo

juz use a 3inch rubber to conect two 3''pipe

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
evo5229 said:
wooo...nice job for u all...this is mine..haih..so p[ia seh....ahh cheap 1..im goin 2 get APEXI air filter soon....but the adapter got any nice 1 arr....if i change nice 1..the sharp also look like mine now????
no point to change filter

if u wan beter effect...do a CAI n longer piping(rampipe)...to avoid sucking hot air(wil cause bad fc n power)

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
or if you want more 'yeng' do naca duct just before the filter and heatshield the duct :D

MrKoo

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
KL
I notice this adaptor silver wan... like different from the rest... how come ar?
and where to get the extension? the long ram pipe...

hayabuza

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2005
Klang
Yep...totally different. usually the accesory shop sell the normal ones not this type..where to get?i think the ram pipe is custom made...maybe la...coz im only guessing...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
ram pipe, i can get for u guys if u want....2 inch, 3 inch no probs...pm me for further information :biggrin:

crave4modify

Sep 29, 2005
i have done my own mod on this. i'll post up the latest pic of my engine bay soon... hehe tested my car for long travel easily goes to max speed but scary though its noot feel tht the car fly but it felt tht the car go more lower to the road maybe its just too much G