Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think the trend was set those days already. Chinese taukey sure buy Mercedes, create an acknowledgement of being Boss......lol:biggrin:
Until today, Chinese taukey still go for Mercedes especially older taukey.

gunnerzz did mentions class comes with s class maintanance, but i wana really stress it, S class maintanance, jangan main main ya.
Sure very expensive. I think I need to ask my friend who had a W221 S class at home about maintenance.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
This thread has been quiet for quite some time. :biggrin:

Woah, rare. You are right about Z40 Soarer being the most common one at mudah. I din't like that one much. I like Z30 more.
Its called the lazarus effect :rofl:
Z40 bloody ugly, doesnt look sporty as the earlier ones.
I prefer the 1980s ones. In japan gen1 and gen2 sold very well. The 3rd gen was US designed , and did not sell well in japan. Maybe the japanese didn't like the shape. But yeah in malaysia the 3rd gen very sought after, a lot of 1jZ fans over here.
another nice one.
http://www.mudah.my/Toyota+Carina+AA60+Coupe+1+5+Manual-58377088.htm?last=1

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This thread has been lying dormant for quite some time. Maybe I should bring it up again.

Now, when it comes to maintaining old school cars, normally there are two kinds of approach to it. It is either you try to keep it as close to stock as possible or you modify it for performance or modernizing it. If you are an old school owner or interested in one, which approach will you take?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
This thread has been lying dormant for quite some time. Maybe I should bring it up again.

Now, when it comes to maintaining old school cars, normally there are two kinds of approach to it. It is either you try to keep it as close to stock as possible or you modify it for performance or modernizing it. If you are an old school owner or interested in one, which approach will you take?
if already stock, probably will keep stock...

if already mollested to no end, anything goes!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Keep it stock but enhance it.
like my dad pajero,all mehanical parts are standard.
internal undergo some improvement such as better audio equipment,reverse camera,additional cabin light,rear 12v socket.

Engine is supestock.Only radiator habe a water spray...oh yes a water spray to assist when it gets slightly hotter.its runnig from the rear wiper fluid tank.

When installing all the upgrade, i will try to make it look as stock as possible.hiding all the wiring,reverse camera monitor and all.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Ok my take, if i got the car cheap, and in somewhat shitty condition, I will mod the hell out of it. Weld a sunroof, add SSR Mk1 rims, maybe engine swap..
But if the car is mint, and close to all original, no way I am modding. I will try to keep it as stock as possible, unless absolutely necessary.
I cringe when I see people who got a nice older car then go on and put 17" or 18" rims and say they "need" to "drop" the car, then complain they cant get their jack under the car to service it, or complain their chassis scrapes on any humps or elevations.
Also those who cut wires as they like then find lots of trouble tracing which wires perform what function.
I faced these litanies of headaches with my old car, the saga. The previous owner added a amp, and with it lots of wires, also when the power window relay failed, the auto electrician bypassed it and add a wire and fuse above the footwell. Then more and more wires and object accumulate, like central lock and alarm, adding to the mess. Those bunch of wires then is tied up just above the brake pedal. After some years, the wires sag, and at times, the tip of my shoe snags these wires. causing some failures of either the radio, alarm, or power windows. It is scary for me to try to trace and re route these wires when I am no electrical expert.
Plus I have seen how paint shops just use lots of filler to cover existing rust and then repaint, ..the rust always comes back within a year. My advice is you fix and treat the rust yourself, before sending for painting.
I would much rather get a good condition old school car with original parts, wiring and paint, and work from there to keep it in tip top shape. No dropping, swapping engines/gearbox etc.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Old school sure keep as stock loh......:driver:
A lot of people mod them for performance what. Like KE70, many are modding them to use parts and engines from newer cars.

if already stock, probably will keep stock...

if already mollested to no end, anything goes!
If somewhat in between that two?

Hmm, why is a mint condition exemplary beauty of a car, from a certain esteemed member not posted here yet?
Post already, then everyone will know who he is due to the rarity of that car.

Keep it stock but enhance it.
like my dad pajero,all mehanical parts are standard.
internal undergo some improvement such as better audio equipment,reverse camera,additional cabin light,rear 12v socket.

Engine is supestock.Only radiator habe a water spray...oh yes a water spray to assist when it gets slightly hotter.its runnig from the rear wiper fluid tank.

When installing all the upgrade, i will try to make it look as stock as possible.hiding all the wiring,reverse camera monitor and all.
That sounds pretty much all stock with minor creature comfort/modern tech upgrade.

Whats the point la, in this forum all gila Evo, Impreza and Alteeza...
Not really. There are fans for all sorts of cars here.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
depend on old school car fall in which category.
also house got extra compound for old school car or not ?
To be practical, i will drive old school car and maintain as "stock" :driver: house no space.
The only space i have left is for my EX5.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you are an old school owner, seeing others who mod it will tempt you to mod yours as well but at the same time, you do realize that maintaining it in stock form holds good value as well especially if most the model has already been modified by their owners.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys I Need A 40dcnf Weber ...
Anyone Have ..pls Call Me
Gobbi 012-9163905
Urgent Buyer

Thanksss
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience