Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
expensive due to amount of upah/piston/spark plug 4.5/5l of engine oil etc and i dont skimp on engine/drivetrain/tyre, hence abit pricey. So price you pay is on par with sti. Didnt compare for breakdown price though, hahaha.

Daily also can, no need weekend. this 6a12 block is quite durable. can rev and cruise very nice, but driving in town, kencing minyak. However, if pair with genuine eterna manual, syiok :love:

if you can take 6a13tt plonk it in, but i heard spare part might be difficult abit. First EO change on evo so happy. Usually need to buy 2x4L engine oil, now only 1 4litre. :proud::driver:
The 4.5/5 litre of engine oil din't come across my mind when thinking about the maintenance of V6 engines.

Daily with a car like Perdana is going to kill me with FC. The only thing I like with the V6 is the engine sound. :biggrin:

since here got mention STI, sound nice lohhh....:love: boxer, box my ear...
otw to work night, stuck in traffic side by side...when the driver throttle to inch the car, hear also "stim". Fuck, i off my radio/, hahaha
Same with me. Whenever I see any sports car with loud exhaust, I will stop playing any music and wind down the window. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The 4.5/5 litre of engine oil din't come across my mind when thinking about the maintenance of V6 engines.

Daily with a car like Perdana is going to kill me with FC. The only thing I like with the V6 is the engine sound. :biggrin:

Same with me. Whenever I see any sports car with loud exhaust, I will stop playing any music and wind down the window. :biggrin:
hhahaha

well v6 sound ahh?? mitsubishi mia tappeting away like nobody's business.... 4 potters already so bissing with 16 valves.... v6 has a symphony of 24 valves tapping away.:afraid:
its smooth tho... very smooth, thats the only thing that i feel is holding me back from just switching to a 4 potter.

about the loud exhaust, asalkan its a properly done system oklah.... but 1/2 the time here its some ahbeng saga =="

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
since here got mention STI, sound nice lohhh....:love: boxer, box my ear...
otw to work night, stuck in traffic side by side...when the driver throttle to inch the car, hear also "stim". Fuck, i off my radio/, hahaha
Yup, boxer sound is really nice. Drove my ex colleague STi out for lunch once, low end also good....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hhahaha

well v6 sound ahh?? mitsubishi mia tappeting away like nobody's business.... 4 potters already so bissing with 16 valves.... v6 has a symphony of 24 valves tapping away.:afraid:
its smooth tho... very smooth, thats the only thing that i feel is holding me back from just switching to a 4 potter.

about the loud exhaust, asalkan its a properly done system oklah.... but 1/2 the time here its some ahbeng saga =="
I'm not sure how to feel whether is it smooth or not. Only driven 4 potters or 3 potter from driving test/training. If got chance to meet up with you, need to see what you mean by that.

Ah beng saga :rofl: But modded Proton in KL area does sound better than what I see in Ipoh. Most of those loud exhaust Wira, Saga or something similar in Ipoh sounds terrible. When in PJ, sometimes I thought what kind of sports car sound is that, then realize is just some normal car.

Yup, boxer sound is really nice. Drove my ex colleague STi out for lunch once, low end also good....:driver:
Uncle, if let you decide between Evo and STI, you will go for STI then? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm not sure how to feel whether is it smooth or not. Only driven 4 potters or 3 potter from driving test/training. If got chance to meet up with you, need to see what you mean by that.

Ah beng saga :rofl: But modded Proton in KL area does sound better than what I see in Ipoh. Most of those loud exhaust Wira, Saga or something similar in Ipoh sounds terrible. When in PJ, sometimes I thought what kind of sports car sound is that, then realize is just some normal car.

Uncle, if let you decide between Evo and STI, you will go for STI then? :biggrin:
Wah! you need to try a 6 potter loh! Silky smooth engine loh... Try only will know how smooth....

I love the STi until another friend told me maintenance is higher. Timing belt itself already cost much more....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wah! you need to try a 6 potter loh! Silky smooth engine loh... Try only will know how smooth....

I love the STi until another friend told me maintenance is higher. Timing belt itself already cost much more....:driver:
If got chance to drive it that is. Otherwise, maybe can only try revving it.

Timing belt cost more because boxer engine got two cylinder head. :biggrin: Is like V6 or more accurately, V4.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
http://www.mudah.my/1995+Mitsubishi+FTO+2+0+M+-53218590.htm
-looks good, looks very well kept.
http://www.mudah.my/2001+Fiat+Coupe+2+0+6+spd+M+200+BHP+sd+Kitted-52259282.htm
-bodykit is a love it/hate it affair.
http://www.mudah.my/2000+Alfa+Romeo+156+2+5+M+-52789005.htm
-god that engine looks good

both not the cheapest units around nor are they the cheapest or easiest to maintain but, well if they are in good condition, alright i guess.

last saturday, was officially 'check sparkplugs day~~' wahhh so much work!!! front set, 30 mins, done.... back set...... guess how long, keep in mind its my 1st time trying and its more work than i expected.

till today badan still sakit all over!!!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
http://www.mudah.my/1995+Mitsubishi+FTO+2+0+M+-53218590.htm
-looks good, looks very well kept.
http://www.mudah.my/2001+Fiat+Coupe+2+0+6+spd+M+200+BHP+sd+Kitted-52259282.htm
-bodykit is a love it/hate it affair.
http://www.mudah.my/2000+Alfa+Romeo+156+2+5+M+-52789005.htm
-god that engine looks good

both not the cheapest units around nor are they the cheapest or easiest to maintain but, well if they are in good condition, alright i guess.

last saturday, was officially 'check sparkplugs day~~' wahhh so much work!!! front set, 30 mins, done.... back set...... guess how long, keep in mind its my 1st time trying and its more work than i expected.

till today badan still sakit all over!!!
The FTO looks the best over there. Spare parts should be easier to get compared to the other two.

You check the plugs yourself?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience