Oil squit out from head cover

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Guy's,

im having a problem here. I found out there is some oil squit out frm my engine head cover whn i reach high boost. i've tried to replaced the cover but its still there. any sifu know wats going on?

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
If your head cover has been opened previously, then it should be the main cause of leakage. Once it is installed back, the rubber seal between the cover and the engine block will not fit on the right tapak therefore oil would seep thru under high pressure. Its almost no-solution to this problem but to accept the reality.

Once the cover is opened and re-attached, its for sure the oil will seep out...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
wah... die la like this. even brand new rubber seal also wun help?

r3dster

500 RPM
Mar 26, 2006
before the squirting..have u ever opened it?if u did then...no wonder.....if u didn't then just replace it with a new seal...
basic automotive rule...open anything with seal or gasket...replace it with a new one..never recycle...
i hope that helps...cheers!

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
the rubber seal tends to "dried" up as time goes on de... my engine used to be like that last time.. so ask mech to change the seal... the problem still there... just lesser oil leakage only...

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Usually it's the seal leak, alternatively, you can try enlarge the breather tube that comes out of the head cover. My oil squirt out from the engins oil cap because the breather was too small. :)

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
ok. let me tackle 1 by 1.

1. nop. the head cover was not open before. it was whn there is some oil squit out from my plug seal thn we open up to check. that is the 1st time we open up the cover.

2. we did clean and re-apply the seal. we even apply more to make sure but it still doensnt help.

3. i also did seal up the 2 breather tube that inter-connect head cover to intake manifold. my mech said could be due to press too high and force the press back into cam cover hence it squit out. i sealed the intake manifold side and let the head cover side open up but still the same. i didnt enlarge it though.

so wat im going to do next is to change all the seal and hope it works.

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
From what i see, your case the same as me & my friend's. Try enlarging the breather. If i'm not wrong oil squirtin should only be at high boost. How high boost you runin?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
my mech also ask me to enlarge it but im not so confi it will help. yup, the oil squit happen only at high boost or max boost i would to say. im boosting 0.8bar

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Well lets hope changing your seals work, remember to update us ya? Btw does your dip stick ever fly out when high boost cos this happened to me few times. I'm on 1 bar boost.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
nop. my dipstick nvr fly out thn

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
head

Just take the head cover out, scrape out the old gasket.
Use a gasket maker (the paste) & fasten the cover tight..

shud be ok

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
tried tat but failed

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro its kinda normal for it to spill out on high boost
how i solved mine was

1. change the rubber seal on the oil cap , just 4 bucks for original oem
2. make 2 extra breather on the valve cover
its becos, most probably ur stock breather is blocked or wht
and when u open ur valve cover, drill holes on the inner plate so that there be more access on the breather to release pressure
3. check ur oil sure not more than max level or not hehe
4. play safe , boost 2bar :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can we DIY the Viper alike voice module?

So when we open/lock our car, it ll got the "Viper armed" and "Viper dis-armed" sound.

Feel annoying & bored with the standard alarm sounds which are di di, du du, doink doink sound like that -_-lll

Any DIY expert can share how to DIY this? Since nowadays, Fake BOV sound oso can DIY oledi, i think this voice module will b more easy, right?:cool:

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience