You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hehe...part time student..only

then part time.......

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
izzit important for me to flow back to gas from OCT back to the throttle body?..or can i just shut to hole up.

toyFan

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Joeker said:
Quarter of your engine oil gone in 2 months time?!? thats a sign your engine is not well. Better have your mechanic check it out.

Oil catch tank is also an indicator of your engine's health.

If oil deposits is very high over a short period, then there is something wrong with the engine.
Oopps, me mistake!
actually, quater of the oil filter was filled with oil, not quater of my engine oil gone!! Sorry sorry :p :p

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
like good only this thing! I think I wanna get lah. Never got it b4! Wonder how it can help a lo-average revving engine with a driver who doesn't know how to drive his car.

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
i dont know about you, but companies will spend millions if they can cut cost by even 50 cents. Imagine, you build 1million cars, each car you can save 50 cents, how much would that have saved you >_>

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
Covers:

4-Cylinder Engine (NA)
4-Cylinder Turbo Engine

The Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system ventilates the air in the cylinder head to equalize the pressure built up in the engine crankcase. The fumes are vented into the intake system to be burned up along with the air and fuel mixture. Although this improves the car's emissions, this results in three problems.
1) The crankcase gases enter the engine along with the air and fuel, cutting down on the amount of fresh, clean air the cylinders receive. Although there's a very small amount, it's always better for fresh, clean air to enter the cylinders rather than engine gases.
2) The engine gases are hot, and will increase the temperature of the air in the intake manifold. Remember, for every 10° increase in intake air temperature, you'll lose about 1% of the engine's horsepower.
3) Worst of all, the fumes contain vaporized oil which coats your intake manifold. When the piston rings begin to wear, blow-by increases and will cause a back up, resulting in the fumes exiting out the fresh air breather tube... where air is normally suppose to enter. The oil in the blow-by fumes will be blown through the intake and coat everything from the breather tube inlet to the throttle body with an oily film. If you have a turbo, this will include the intercooler and turbo. As the oily film builds up, a substantial decrease in performance will occur, including engine problems such as low idling and stalling.

Many Probes with over 100,000 miles on them suffer from excessive blow-by. After cleaning out my GT's intake system of a coating of oil and soot, I looked for a solution to this problem, short of replacing the piston rings. Although a higher flowing PCV valve is usually recommended at this point, it's not a cure. The solution turned out to be reverting the engine to a PCV system from older cars. Older cars took in fresh air through breather tube filters. Removing the breather tube intake from the engine's intake system and placing a filter on the end instead meant that the oily gases would no longer be able enter into the engine's intake system. Repeating the procedure for the PCV valve end of the system would keep the gases from mixing with the fresh air entering the engine. Although a pretty good idea, I'm pretty sure this is breaking emission codes. It's very easy and costs about $10

This is the original set up, with black hoses.

The stock PCV valve and outlet hose

The new PCV valve, hose, and filter.

The stock breather hose connecting to the intake boot.

The new breather tube and filter.

Results

It took a couple of days for the oil that built up since the intake cleaning to disappear. Since then, the idle has been much smoother. One month after installation, I check the filters. The inner part of the PCV filter had yellowed from the gases. The breather tube filter turned light tan from the oil film. It was nice to know that this crap was no longer entering my engine. I'll probably change the filters every two months (about $3).

After two months, the PCV side started browning from the oil. The breather side was pretty saturated with oil, but not enough to clog or to drip. I changed the original hoses with black ones. Looks better now. I replaced both filters, giving both sides the large, higher flowing filter type

:D ...or used OCT.............

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
ahh.. so that's y some say OCT's contribute to a bit of pollution!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys!hello! i'm new here! :biggrin:
alittle introduction of myself,20yo,stay in malacca,previously own a Viva with minor performance mods(exhaust,plugs,air filter,shocks) till 1 night i fell asleep and crashed into trees,the whole engine fly out 10 meters away :driver: :banghead: :P i were fine tho just broke my arm and ankle but my car were not :P

so long story short,i'm planing to buy a proton satria with 4g63t VR4 about 12-15k.i'm able to claim about 23k from insurance company,so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience