Oil Catch Tank- Is it important??

badbadguy

Apr 28, 2005
unless moded 99 if not u will not need the OCT because
engine engineer also not put it in (unless u think u clever than them)
and engine design to its 70% usage without add in any thing and the engine can run without any problem (except tear and wear)
so if OCT is important (for just few hundred buck to save the engine??) y not the design engineer put it in????????

just my 2 cents

tintin

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
PJ
This may be a little out of topic, but can someone explain the proper tubing routing of the OCT for 4G93T? I've heard many ways of routing it but never can come to a conclusion. There are 2 outlets on the cam cover - 1 on the top side on the right and another bottom left on the side. So how?

tintin

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
badbadguy said:
and engine design to its 70% usage without add in any thing and the engine can run without any problem (except tear and wear)
so if OCT is important (for just few hundred buck to save the engine??) y not the design engineer put it in????????

just my 2 cents
VERY GOOD POINT.

Have u also considered the fact that Proton car are so easily broken in, why the hell does Proton not lift a finger about it? its about the dollars and cents.
One car, few hundred, multiply that by tens of thousands of cars and you end up with a cost increase by the miliions of ringgit

Anyhow, when Engine makers design an engine, they are not only think about performance and reliability but also enviroment issues and cost effectiveness.

When we mod our cars, I think most of us emphazise on performance while the other criterias mentioned earlier takes a back seat.

U remind of another ZTH member who once said "If stock Proton 1.3 cannot do 200km/h, then why did Proton engineer spend so much money to put 200km/h speedometer"

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
cheeft said:
for those tat usually rev their car till redline is advisable to use oct...
Whether u rev your engine hard or not, blow by, fumes and oil vapor will still be drawn into the intake because it is part of the Positive Crankcase Ventilation system.

The harder the engine works, the more gunk will be deposited into the OCT.

"It is inevitable,...it is your destiny....." Emperor Palpatine / ROTJ

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Yes Joeker... ever since the OCT installation... my TB n the intake is A LOT cleaner... no more oily gunk or crap.

toyFan

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
badbadguy said:

just my 2 cents
My wira1.6, not a mod 99 one, once i installed a DIY OCT by using wira 1.5 fuel filter, 2 months time, i collected quater height of engine oil. :eek: :eek: :eek:

you wont regret to install a OCT. :cool: :cool:

PS: I dont have a mod 99 car and i am average joe driver, never rev more than 3.5k rpm. :D :D :D

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Yoooo.....kenny, why you got so many GENG car wan...Huh ???
Got EVo, Impreza then Kenari summore....Whats your job ah...?
Can i join ah ?:D

Jackal

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
tintin said:
This may be a little out of topic, but can someone explain the proper tubing routing of the OCT for 4G93T? I've heard many ways of routing it but never can come to a conclusion. There are 2 outlets on the cam cover - 1 on the top side on the right and another bottom left on the side. So how?

tintin
normaly will be the on 1 on the top aka PCV that connect to the intake manifold...

tintin

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
PJ
Jackal said:
normaly will be the on 1 on the top aka PCV that connect to the intake manifold...
then the outlet on the left? where does it go to?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
toyFan said:
My wira1.6, not a mod 99 one, once i installed a DIY OCT by using wira 1.5 fuel filter, 2 months time, i collected quater height of engine oil.
Quarter of your engine oil gone in 2 months time?!? thats a sign your engine is not well. Better have your mechanic check it out.

Oil catch tank is also an indicator of your engine's health.

If oil deposits is very high over a short period, then there is something wrong with the engine.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
titanrev,

ei..dun tell people la...my family got many cars one actually..car freak....maybe d money no other things to spend.....haha

luckily din get d forestor las month...so now buy hse oledi....Shisssssssss.dian diam...haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It is well known that the inimitable Jeremy Clarkson has a way with words. Especially when they're uncomplimentary. In fact, as a measure of how much his wit can hurt, when Clarkson actually does give a compliment, a carmaker might simply be happier about not getting roasted than about getting a good review.

The London Times has posted a dozen delicious lines from various Clarkson reviews for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience