Oil Catch Tank- Is it important??

goosfrabar

Known Member

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
Guys, What is the function of the oil catch tank?

Is it important to have ah or izzit a mandatory.

What does it do anyway besides collecting accessive oil?

how come the engine oil can be sucked out to it?

Aiayya..sorry la so many questions, i'm just very confused:confused:
so ppl say not important, but some ppl say must put or your air flow sensor can kong. so which one is it?

can somebody explain to me ah.....anybody.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Actually, the OCT is to avoid oil passing through your throttle body during high RPM. When an engine is on high RPM the oil pressure will sure be high.

The original hose is from the engine head cover back to the air intake before TB. This is to act as a circulation for the oil vapour. So after somewhile, this oil vapour will stick to the throttle body and make the TB sticky. So the OCT is to avoid oil build up inside the TB and intake manifold.
Correct me if I'm wrong...;)

goosfrabar

Known Member

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
TitanRev said:
Actually, the OCT is to avoid oil passing through your throttle body during high RPM. When an engine is on high RPM the oil pressure will sure be high.

The original hose is from the engine head cover back to the air intake before TB. This is to act as a circulation for the oil vapour. So after somewhile, this oil vapour will stick to the throttle body and make the TB sticky. So the OCT is to avoid oil build up inside the TB and intake manifold.
Correct me if I'm wrong...;)
thank u titan rev.....that makes sense. but some ppl also said that the oil vapour is to lubricate the TB. but is it possible that the vapour could also bring dust that can jam the TB?:)

Zeroed

1,500 RPM

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Why would the TB need lubrication? Get clogged up with oil more like it...heheh.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
TB no need lubrication ehehhe.. its for air oni ma..if u r driving a carbie.. den i say its adviseable to use OCT.. my frens kancil.. damn alot of oil catche.. ehhee.. if not he say his air filter will be flooded wif oil..

huakenny

LB Performance

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
fuel injection need oil catch tank oso i think (correct me if im wrong)....if oso not sure bout OCT but most performance cars with heavy mods will put in a OCT...

maybe to supply enuf engine oil when revving....izzit? OCT acts like a spare oil tank

hybridnos

Known Member

hybridnos

Known Member
Apr 21, 2004
kelantan
huakenny said:
fuel injection need oil catch tank oso i think (correct me if im wrong)....if oso not sure bout OCT but most performance cars with heavy mods will put in a OCT...

maybe to supply enuf engine oil when revving....izzit? OCT acts like a spare oil tank
no laa...

when high rev plus high boost....oil will be overflow... there the important OCT is..

Joeker

Walking Dead

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Oil catch tank is applicable to all engines, regardless carb, EFI, MFI, S.I. even C.I. engines.

goosfrabar

Known Member

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
Joeker said:
Oil catch tank is applicable to all engines, regardless carb, EFI, MFI, S.I. even C.I. engines.
ok, i'm driving an altezza with minimal mod. but whenever i open the air filter i always find a lot of oil around the cover (on the inside). so does that mean i have to use OCT. Plus when the tank catches the oil, will the oil be pumped back in?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Goosfrabar, the oil will stays inside the OCT. It would not go back to the TB.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu,

currently im searching for 4G94 block to mate with my 4G93T... currently using GT2835R...

wat conrod is suitable for 4G94..wat brand of piston is best to upgrade ???

can i use evo 2.3L crankshaft ???

advice needed....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience