Offset issue...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ok i have this minor problem which to me, is annoying =(

i changed my rims and tires recently. to fatter/thicker tires (50 to 55 series) and silly of me, to not take note of my new rims offset. so apparently the offset is lower (wheel jut out more) and i only notice this when i take corners at high speed. my tires rubs against the fender.

what i did was, i adjusted the rear camber -ve, so it wouldnt rub on my fender. that's settled.

now my front is also touching, when i do kamekazi u-turns without brakes. i dont have an adjustable camber kit on my front.

i have some solutions in mind, but would like to see opinions from u experience guys as well.

1 of my solution: get harder springs, 8kg Front, 6kg Rear. <-- would this help?

my car is quite low, 1 finger gap front and rear, dont really wanna put it higher as it will be ugly =(

help pls sifu's ...

thanks.

zenom

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
but why u change ur tires to 55 in the first place ?
i thot thin tires are good if u would like to 'bantai' some corners
huhu

btw, ur car might be bouncy if u change to harder springs .
dont u think so ?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
my tires out bout 3mm from arch, & most of my fren's rides oso tires bout a few mm outside... but no 1 facing this prob, coz when u decided to get those offset & lowered, u must know wat will causing the prob, so... prevent it b4 install then regret..

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
u must know ur rim offset 1st b4 swapping maa..

offset numbers more means ur rim will be more inside.

offset numbers less means ur rim will be outside more.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
That's why la. I totally forgotten abt the offset issue. Not regret but looking for solutions. Why 55?cuz I got an offer I couldn't refuse. And yes, harder spring would mean sacrificing comfort and I know that for a fact. On top of it, I feel my springs are too soft also if I decide to test power in sepang one fine day. Haha.

Jin: confirm it's cuz of my soft springs.

So just wanna reassurance that stiffer springs would help me in my issue

Last edited:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Lets say if I get back 50 series, I will lower my abs again to have the height of 1 finger gap from tire to fender-wouldn't the same scenario apply?

So I believe it's more of the offset rather than the tires...

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Lets say if I get back 50 series, I will lower my abs again to have the height of 1 finger gap from tire to fender-wouldn't the same scenario apply?

So I believe it's more of the offset rather than the tires...
Civic owners EG/EK usually go for offset 41-45 if 7inch width.... And offset 37-45 if 6.5width... Most sifus recomend dat combination....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Civic owners EG/EK usually go for offset 41-45 if 7inch width.... And offset 37-45 if 6.5width... Most sifus recomend dat combination....
which sifu reco that..???:adore:

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
which sifu reco that..???:adore:
Try go to hondacivics.nz or sumthing sounded like dat..... or civic4fanatic.com... really cannot remember which website...
BTW I tot u one of the most active forumers in Honda ZTH... Mayb U got sumthing to share abt this offset issue perhaps?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Try go to hondacivics.nz or sumthing sounded like dat..... or civic4fanatic.com... really cannot remember which website...
BTW I tot u one of the most active forumers in Honda ZTH... Mayb U got sumthing to share abt this offset issue perhaps?
hahaha... sorry bro, i'm active in anywhere in ZTH... not in Honda section la...
btw, i'm just tok kok only....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yo bro, can pass some civic forum to me that u used to b..??? just wanna see wats the difren with local forum. thanks...:adore:

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
hahaha... sorry bro, i'm active in anywhere in ZTH... not in Honda section la...
btw, i'm just tok kok only....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yo bro, can pass some civic forum to me that u used to b..??? just wanna see wats the difren with local forum. thanks...:adore:
Very easy bro... Just type Honda @ civics @ vtec then dun forget to put country codes at the end of web adress. for instance www.honda.com.sg (sg for Singapore), (uk for United Kingdom), (nz for New Zealand) and so on.... Very interesting though getting know the scenario at other region...

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Very easy bro... Just type Honda @ civics @ vtec then dun forget to put country codes at the end of web adress. for instance www.honda.com.sg (sg for Singapore), (uk for United Kingdom), (nz for New Zealand) and so on.... Very interesting though getting know the scenario at other region...
thanks bro....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all Detailen Fans,

I was given the opportunity to restore an oxidized headlamps of a Civic. It was a whacko day as I had to rush back from Melaka for this restoration only to discover later that the owner was in Melaka as well. Not to mention the temperature today is like..... hell on earth.

Without further delay, i present to you......

Today's patient

Previously wet sanded by the owner using 2000 grit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience