Non Sunroof car fix Sunroof...problem..

Racing_Rhythm

Known Member
Oct 4, 2005
I would like to know abt a Non-Sunroof car fix a Sunroof , wat problem will be face to ? Law allow to do so ? cost ? is it damage Chasis ?:shades_smile:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
nothing la but just listen here....

go kedai potong...find the desire potong out sun/moon roof....that suite your car.....find 1 shop reliable to cut a hole on your car's roof.....cannot try ah.....1 chance only......hahaha......the fix in lo........hope the rubber seal tight enuf to avoid AQUARIUM case.......

law that part......other people come and explain .....hahaha

r60262

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
better change one set sunroof from kedai potong & fix to your car... my friend sendiri bikin but after 3 month... when rain coming... bocor lol.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
sunroof vr risky lor... in terms of leakage (not jpj)... i dont think jpj concern about sunroof much, unless they are vr poor...

jz find a good and trusted mech to do this... not many workshop can do perfect sunroof... many fails after some time...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
just imagine that once u screwed up your roof......then like those opened soft top car la.....damn cool la......but the only different is yours 24 hours open only hahaha

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
no worries ..lol change the whole roof that has sunroof one ..sure no leakage already ...

if u juz open a hole like those done by Abang's shop ... maybe got leakage le

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yup.dont "make" a new sunroof frm ur current roof.
look for one frm a chop shop.
if u cant find a suitable model..then u haf to take the risk

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
lol then weld the choped sun roof to attach on the car?

can weld as nice as original or not?

sure got "scars" 1......

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
of coz it wont be as original la.when u wanna sell the car or if someone just looks at it..surely u can see the welding there mah.there shudnt be such welding done there.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think u wont be able to sell the car...cos jpj will check whetjer the roof there got welding b4 or not..then u wont pass the inspection..that;s wat i heard from my fren in jpj..and the engine code thingy, jpj actually are trying to check it very detail..which mean the chances u can get a way is very less,,,

the star got list out the part that jpj gonna inspect and the rule for it..i think u need to get approve first...make ur roof fust..then go to get approve..then install the sunroof

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
if im not mistaken., if u cut the "tiang"/"kaki" of the roof then ur car considered kereta potong.

usually mech cut at ur roof to make space for the sunroof. or cut ur roof for the sunroof and place the kedai potong sunroof with the original roof. like sandwishing it. top, roof with sunroof and below ur original roof with space for the sunroof.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
like this how if just cut a lubang on original car roof and put the sunroof thing with tight rubber seal only?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
cutting any part of ur car chasis is very dangerous.it will weaken ur car's chasis strength.but the roof part if not as vital as the other parts of the chasis.so i think jpj might consider the welding work whether to approve a certion job.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Can anyone tell me if i have to transfer the plate first to a new bike or i can do it one shot at JPJ?

Anyone got any experience to share?

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience