No more Malaysian F1 GP after 2018!

• Seeing HTML codes in old articles? Just reply "help" and we'll fix the article immediately.
    We're making improvments to the site right now so bear with us! - May 21 2020

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Btw, BT3 was demolished because buffoon BTSC management paid jackshit to state govt & this allowed the damned toyol to swoop in. Previous management teams (MMSC, SAMRA, SAMP) paid their dues to state govt (the track was built on state govt grounds & the idea of former MB Dato Harun Idris). This serves as a warning to track operators (even if they build tracks on private properties).

And whatever happened to Fastrack Nusajaya, Jengka & Sg. Petani circuit? All the hoo-hahs & nothing has materialized. The oval track at Gopeng already completed & operating for few years dy.
again, thanks for chipping in your insights, interesting read.
You are like a treasure chest for historic Malaysian motorsport material

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think it's a wise decision to quit whilst not making money. But in the interim they need to reduce their costs and support local events instead by reducing entrance fees. I'm pretty sure people will start to flock there
Rental expensive really will become white elephant. Miss the Saturday night races at BT3.......lol

nw111

nw111

Feb 13, 2018
Motor Valley
I think it's a wise decision to quit whilst not making money. But in the interim they need to reduce their costs and support local events instead by reducing entrance fees. I'm pretty sure people will start to flock there
Rental expensive really will become white elephant. Miss the Saturday night races at BT3.......lol
"International circuit" mah, they don't care about locals because our MYR not strong enough :burnout:

I remember the (not very beloved at all) former youth & sports ministry said that SIC will be developed as regional motorsports hub. Can't even do things right locally... :Stupid:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
"International circuit" mah, they don't care about locals because our MYR not strong enough :burnout:

I remember the (not very beloved at all) former youth & sports ministry said that SIC will be developed as regional motorsports hub. Can't even do things right locally... :Stupid:
All out to make money only.....lol

Was watching a documentary on Monaco. Their F1 races is so popular, people flock there to see it, and it is so expensive to stay there . One in three is a millionaire, but most citizen of Monaco is not rich. The rich are the ones with moolah from other countries but stay there or have a vacation house there....lol The citizens are mostly the workers who work there, but rental is so high their Govt., subsidies their rental up to 2/3, based on their income....