New Airtrek Owner - Manual conversion thread?

Apr 24, 2016
Auckland, NZ
Hi guys!

Just acquired an Airtrek Turbo over the last few days, and has been quite an experience. There have been a few mods done to it by previous owner, and has been great.

Although I have actually come from a string of manual cars. I have not had an auto/tip for the last 3-4 years.

I have been searching on this forum and all over the net for anyone who has done the conversion and put up pictures, how theyve done it, etc. however I cant for the life of me find anything! I can only find and read that 'this person has done it' or 'that person has done it', but theres no other information after that.

So what I'm wanting to know is, is there a link that I may have missed or a direction I can be pointed to, to find pictures or manual conversions? I don't like the look of the stick using the same place on the console, but would much rather prefer the stick in between the drivers and passengers seats.

Also, what exhaust system do people generally use?

Should point out that Im from Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks in advance

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
hi mate.. there is one guy here in our forum did the manual conversion + 2wd setup.. he write all from the beginning including photos. you got to search deeper in this forum.. this guy did the conversion like few years ago..

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Howdy Slayerbot from NZ & welcome to MAC =)
Always happy to be able to assist.
I did my manual 5-speed conversion few years ago.
It depends quite a lot on what components is easily available on your side? and do U rather bolt-on or custommize?

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Actually, certain parts from Evo 4,5,6 will come handy coz not everything from the Evo 7,8,9 will plug-&-play.
Like what I mentioned earlier, it depends on what U can source for at your end.

Certain areas of the conversion will be truly DIY.....e.g: footbrake -> handbrake.......manual shifter location......

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Hi bro stutzedward =)
The trek is more of a weekend car nowadays, driving the Navara as my daily car coz my work needs it. How bout U?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hi bro stutzedward =)
The trek is more of a weekend car nowadays, driving the Navara as my daily car coz my work needs it. How bout U?
I am good bro. :) I use my trek as my daily cow-cart la.

It's 13 year older but still love it. No more mods, just maintaining to run reliably... old man don't need too much omph also... hehe...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am good bro. :) I use my trek as my daily cow-cart la.

It's 13 year older but still love it. No more mods, just maintaining to run reliably... old man don't need too much omph also... hehe...
Yours already like 250 to 270 horses right? Don't need too much?......hhahhahahhahaha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wad is this engine in wira? according to owner he said its 1.6l but he didnt mention the engine model. Barely can see the emblem on engine stated DOHC 16v in the pic.. so i guess its 4g92.. but 4g92 gt carburetor version? Enlighten me pls. Owner is going to sell his car and im looking to buy it..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience