Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
May be this might sound a bit harsh, KIA is not exactly
Nah.. the 63T is cheaper than the 93T purely because Protons can't use the 63T in most of their chassis anymore. So demand for the 93T at one point of time was high causing price to go up.

You know my ex e36? The new owners wife drives it around and speeds like mad and boosts around a lot.
I wonder why the new owners wife can drive it like that while you spent so much time fixing here and there :P

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
Dear all,
I need some recommendations on workshop that are able to do out of normal engine transplant with good workmanship and reasonable price, around Selangor or Melaka.

Im thinking to change my Kia Carens year 2002 engine to Mitsubishi GSR auto engine and another one is to put a supercharger for my Kia Spectra 5 year 2009 ( small one just to help the car to push a bit faster only, not aiming at any high HP).

Hope Sifus here can point me out the right direction. Thanks.
Bro, been years and years man! How have you been?

Normally a kia to mitsu swap would be pretty straight. But both your cars are from the generation that kia was using mazda engines. With that said the swap to a gsr is tricky like most people here have highlighted. Its gonna cost a lot and to get someone to get it right is tricker. ensuring the engine position is right so that the drive shafts are straight requires the engine to sit either enough back or front depending. If the space is available, then comes designing the mount brackets for it. If you dont get this right, you are gonna have vibrations and you are gonna go thru cv joint changes very often. There are people still willing to do such swaps, but you are gonna need alot of $$$.

As for the spectra, i think a turbo option will be better then a supercharge route. you can always fabricate a manifold to suit the tight space. worst come to worst a remote turbo location. since you are running standard internals, you might wanna spend on management to ensure you get it to run properly. Not too sure what sorta management would work with the Kia.

A cheaper option maybe to go with a B8 na swap. Your original engine is already a B6. im sure these engines have dropped in prices as they are not in demand. having driven those from the tx3 i can say it does have decent amount of torque not as much as the turbo version :p but still decent to get you going.

Like everyone else has mentioned, these are not popular cars that people play around with so ensuring the end result is a gamble. All the best dude

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Like Mark-X... nearly bought it
It is also as highly stolen car too. My friend lost his and couldn't recover... i chicken to buy liao...
Yeah, in the club we have gotten reports of a few stolen cases, one of them is our member car stolen from his condo! But if I just keep worrying about cars getting stolen I would not be able to enjoy, might as well just buy some French junk and by that I'm already defeated by fear. So I don't want to sacrifice my happiness because of those damn thieves!

Reactions: minibeany

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
yep.... the 93 cost basically as much as the 63 just because its the legal limit
yup. 93t is expensive or about same as 63t. Due to 93t is max limit for wira and demand.
93t halfcut already burnt big hole to my wallet 3 yrs ago with my wira...hahaha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But then how come so many Satria GTI got 4G63T endorsed? My tuner now also has a Wira converted to 4G63T AWD.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sorry, I got issues with spelling.

So yeah, thoughts about this car? Yes this thread is directed at an individual who recently contracted STD. Our very own izso!

Is the CVT boring?
Does the cornering ability makes you clench your butt cheeks?
Does the engine drone constantly being maintained ~3000rpm for peak torque by the CVT?

Tell us more!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience