Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Dear all,
I need some recommendations on workshop that are able to do out of normal engine transplant with good workmanship and reasonable price, around Selangor or Melaka.

Im thinking to change my Kia Carens year 2002 engine to Mitsubishi GSR auto engine and another one is to put a supercharger for my Kia Spectra 5 year 2009 ( small one just to help the car to push a bit faster only, not aiming at any high HP).

Hope Sifus here can point me out the right direction. Thanks.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
May be so... any suggestion?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
It ain't easy to determine "good" workmanship, your current cars are also quite unpopular when it comes to transplanting and modding and i highly doubt local modders have enough information regarding the car's chassis, the most headache part is ELECTRICAL wiring.

Pardon my directness, i would strongly suggest you go with simple IHE or modify the current engine (PNP intake and exhaust), decent fuel map computer and call it a day.

Thanks,
Ken

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Dear all,
I need some recommendations on workshop that are able to do out of normal engine transplant with good workmanship and reasonable price, around Selangor or Melaka.

Im thinking to change my Kia Carens year 2002 engine to Mitsubishi GSR auto engine and another one is to put a supercharger for my Kia Spectra 5 year 2009 ( small one just to help the car to push a bit faster only, not aiming at any high HP).

Hope Sifus here can point me out the right direction. Thanks.
wah. GSR i don't think is a direct swap for the Kia Carens. Need to do custom engine mounting points. Why GSR if i may ask? you can get 4G63 which is more reliable than a GSR CK. unless your carens is a 1.8?

Reactions: drill

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Those special engine swaps - personally I'd find a shop that's near to your house that's got some level of confidence doing swaps. The nearer it is to you the easier it'll be for you to followup and keep a close eye on them. I could recommend a shop in Puchong which I'd trust with my car anytime but if it's too far for you - you'll be hard pressed to keep up with the work done and checking on their status will be difficult.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wah. GSR i don't think is a direct swap for the Kia Carens. Need to do custom engine mounting points. Why GSR if i may ask? you can get 4G63 which is more reliable than a GSR CK. unless your carens is a 1.8?
Yah! not direct swap better not do, especially if need a lot of modding. Spectra also if super charge, wonder easy to get parts or not?

Reactions: drill

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
It ain't easy to determine "good" workmanship, your current cars are also quite unpopular when it comes to transplanting and modding and i highly doubt local modders have enough information regarding the car's chassis, the most headache part is ELECTRICAL wiring.

Pardon my directness, i would strongly suggest you go with simple IHE or modify the current engine (PNP intake and exhaust), decent fuel map computer and call it a day.

Thanks,
Ken
Im not looking for just upgrading for the Carens. The Carens FC is not giving good mileage. No faulty sensors... Its just as it is... Had checked with a couple of other Carens owner... RM100 ron 95 can give around 180km for town driving. Personally, if its consuming that much of fuel, it is ok if it got power... But too bad it doesnt.

I dont see any issue on the electrical. Since im not going to change the body and dashboard wiring. Gonna take the engine wiring, which minus of some features, to get it started and going... Just a few tweaks of wiring. Mainly for the ignition switch and fuel pump. Worse case... A standalone will do...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara

Yup.. if its a direct swap, it shud be easy. Too bad it's not... GSR coz roadtax is cheaper and yes, mine is the 1.8 Carens 1. The one before citra.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Those special engine swaps - personally I'd find a shop that's near to your house that's got some level of confidence doing swaps. The nearer it is to you the easier it'll be for you to followup and keep a close eye on them. I could recommend a shop in Puchong which I'd trust with my car anytime but if it's too far for you - you'll be hard pressed to keep up with the work done and checking on their status will be difficult.

I will consider yours ... I have my regular workshop which is nearby... But they are a bit busy. And I'm busy too nowadays. Still have my Mazda at the workshop waiting to be revive. Not solely their fault, the engine's head is with me... Still no time to polish it.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Yah! not direct swap better not do, especially if need a lot of modding. Spectra also if super charge, wonder easy to get parts or not?
Mine is Spectra 5. The engine is the same as Forte 1.6 minus of the 6 speed which the Forte has... Most problematic is only to get the gearbox.

If it's the older sedan Spectra.... I believe i would simply dump in a Mazda engine inside.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ugh sounds just too much hassle. Better just buy a real Mitsu or some MPV better than the Carens, maybe like an Innova. As for supercharging the Spectra, also another questionable decision especially since its a KIA and not a common car to play around with heavy mods. Maybe better also sell it and buy something like a Swift Sport.

Reactions: Mitevo7

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Im not looking for just upgrading for the Carens. The Carens FC is not giving good mileage. No faulty sensors... Its just as it is... Had checked with a couple of other Carens owner... RM100 ron 95 can give around 180km for town driving. Personally, if its consuming that much of fuel, it is ok if it got power... But too bad it doesnt.

I dont see any issue on the electrical. Since im not going to change the body and dashboard wiring. Gonna take the engine wiring, which minus of some features, to get it started and going... Just a few tweaks of wiring. Mainly for the ignition switch and fuel pump. Worse case... A standalone will do...
Wow, that is very very low mileage. My ex colleague had one too, and he did mention very bad FC. He sold it off long ago. Yup, true also, like our turbos getting bad fc but got some power to play with.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mine is Spectra 5. The engine is the same as Forte 1.6 minus of the 6 speed which the Forte has... Most problematic is only to get the gearbox.

If it's the older sedan Spectra.... I believe i would simply dump in a Mazda engine inside.
Still, Kia engine not many do performance upgrade, unlike Mitsu and Hondas......

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Ugh sounds just too much hassle. Better just buy a real Mitsu or some MPV better than the Carens, maybe like an Innova. As for supercharging the Spectra, also another questionable decision especially since its a KIA and not a common car to play around with heavy mods. Maybe better also sell it and buy something like a Swift Sport.
If only I got the cash to change the cars instead of modding it

Im not into really heavy upgrade for the spectra. Just need a bit push for the pick up. I would have opted turbocharging it... Running a small turbine setup, but since the exhaust side is at the firewall, not much room to make for the turbo. Internally i dont plan to change anything, just to hook up the supercharger.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys.. need your help and opinion..

can fto dashboard fit satria or not? have u heard about it? ok or not ??i heard that evo4 dashbord can fit wira with some mod..but how bout fto... i want to try la...:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience