Need Some Advice.. Pls HELP!

Jan 9, 2006
basically im driving a 1981 toyota corona(TT-132).. i have been told tht cars tht were produced before 1985 are non-galvanized metal.. so the metal will degrade dractically over time and become soft... is this true? and will it be worth it to maintain and mod my car? i've spent about 10k so far restoring it cuz it was a mess when i got it.. i want an engine transplant but im not sure wht to get.. AE101 and AE111 is front wheel drive.. mine is a rear wheel drive... and my surrent 3T engine is rather inefficient... RM 10 of petrol to about 45 km... and very sluggish... its also in need of an overhaul as at high revs white smoke comes out of the exhaust... so any recomendations? thanks lots beforehand.. cheers..!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
erm...im not too sure about wat kind of metal they used to make cars in that time frame...but from what i know..cars in that year(s) are actually quite sturdy..IMO..

about modding ur car..im not too sure la bro..if u can afford to get a newer ride..i would suggest u do so..it would be a hassle to keep..but im not totally saying NO..its up to u..

overhaul bro....overhaul....:regular_smile:

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Can't help but reply this, technically your car is worth < RM3000, and you spent RM10,000 on restoring it....

Unless the car brings sentimental value to you, I don't see the point to continue the restoration....

And yes, the white smoke and high consumption means the engine had taken enough beating, it's time to move on.

Not my 2 cents.