need more HP for my gsr!!

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
hi all sifus,
i had changed my fuel pump,injector,metal gasket,racing clutch,installed boost controller...
boosting at 1.3 to 1.4 bar,somehow i felt not satisfied with the 'force'....
wat else i need to modd in order to get another 50 to 80hp?? a bigger turbine td005?install SAFC?e manage??(is it make a lot difference if install a SAFC??)thanks in advance

Last edited:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yup.bigger turbo.after upgrading turbo get suitable injectors and a piggyback.would suggest emanage.

preluder

May 19, 2005
Michigan/KL
i dont recomend emanage, if u want use the AEM engine management. or if you have abit more money just buy a motec or some shit like that. I'm not sure if Malaysias GSR is compatible with Uberdata, thats what i'm using on my car right now but then, like i said i dont know if its compatible in Malaysia.... i'm in the U fucking S. most of the people down here use this.

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
fluffy
bigger turbine sure more lag right??wat else need to do to minimise the lag??

preluder
wat is uberdata??me newbie..
how much a motec and emanage cost??

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
erm,im not sure about TD05s on 4g93ts..but if it lags..change ur downpipe,and get a piggyback.see ur budget la..for a piggyback.how much?:_:

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
First of all, after all those upgrades, is your engine properly tuned and running in tip top condition...? From what you mentioned, sounds like your car is still running with stock factory ecu.

In my opinion, I'd say save up some money 1st and upgrade the ecu to a more flexible unit and tune it properly to fully unleash the horse power with the current setup.

Cheers. :)

DjRevo`

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Ipoh Mali
u wanna modify kaw kaw .. can.. but u must have the cash ... u see then ur gsr can fight with evo any given sunday... but remember ah its 1.8 only got limit one...

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
1289:
i just overhauled my engine recently...ya my car all in stock condition except intercooler..
any reccomend ecu??do i really need to install for example SAFC to tune the engine??

flushafteruse:
510cc injector n tdo5 16g thats all??roughly how much hp i get from this set up??

DjRevo`:
extra $$ i have but must use wisely la...:shades_smile: thanks all

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
preluder, in malaysia, gsr = mitsu lancer circa 96 with 4g93t 1.8 turbo
in the us i guess gsr = honda integra type r i dunno
so, aem or uberdata i guess is more for honda's (correct me if wrong)

evolancer, you will never know the actual state of tune and hp of your modded gsr unless u put it on a dyno. almost all the gsr's i've seen, modded or bone stock could use a little tuning (safc/emanmage) and could release a few horses not to mention better fuel economy just by tuning.

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
140db:
"a little tuning (safc/emanmage) and could release a few horses".....my mech told me at least another 10hp if install safc(dont know if he trying to convince me to buy),for rm1k plus only can release a few horses i think.....:cry_smile: not enough la

flushafteruse

2,000 RPM
Jun 2, 2004
fire down below
actually u must not think about your car hp,the main thing that is u yourself can feel the diffrence,more response,nice to drive....no point also u got a lot of gadget in your car but u worried about problem that will coming.......juz my opinion here

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Tuning is important... think with the setup u're running on now, the tuning confirm lari quite a lot... at certain points u will be running rich and at certain points u will be running lean. =Þ

I'd suggest u get an emanage and do rather than an SAFC.

Once u have engine management liau... then its easier for future upgrades. Later u add on a TD05 twin fin and start making big horses.

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Dear buddies,

Let's discuss about e-manage can?
Anyone using E-Manage.
I wanna buy one but now pocket kosong, maybe wait a while.
Here in JB people selling abt S$450 with ignition harness, main harness and add injectors harness. How about KL rate?
Thanks.