Need info/advise when buying a used GSR Turbo.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
-----------------------------

Last edited:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
even ur car is thrashed real good right? so whats the problem?

1. knock on the various parts of the body, check if there's any "un-metal" sound(indication of cemented bodypart). also check the gap between bodyparts whether they match or not(indicates post-accident repair). i.e between headlamp and fender.

2. test drive the car on highway around 120kmh. at this speed, most irregularities (any weird vibrations, sounds, etc etc) can be noticed.

3. check if there's any leak at bottom of engine. if it's too squeaky clean, maybe already engine wash. engine oil leaks are pain in the ass to pinpoint. also check service history. which workshop? go and find out more from the car's mechanic.

4. having a problematic engine is easier than having a problematic chassis. engine problem, worst case scenario, just buy another halfcut. if body problem, i cant imagine the worst case scenario... so make sure the car ur buying has a tip top chassis.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
-----------------------------

Last edited:

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
18K for the whole car ?

Possible bro..could be an early model which is bout that price...

Just check the bodywork, undercarriage,& engine (white smoke), test drive with a
mechanic (better still) & make sure it passes the JPJ puspakom test...

others shud be ok

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
how old is the car n the condition? usually what ever mods u do.. it wont add up value a lot according to the car market value..

some even depreciates than a stock one..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience