Need Help!!!(Iswara 1.5(m) engine mod...)

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
hello all sifu's and otai's..
im new with modding car engine n performance...
i wanna ask u guys...

i on my way to buy extrator 4-2-1 from powerzone...
after dat..i wanna change my air filter to open pod...
the question is which brand is better?K&N,Apexi,HKS or Blitz?...n can i custom made the air filter?i mean the pipe ram?normal wan very short..not nice..if can,which shop provide dis custom made...
izzit use plastik ram pipe is better than using metal pipe? (my fren told me)...

dat day go to powerzone..f i duwan to change my stock engine,he said better use "webber"....
can somebody tell me wat is dis?issit like vin diesel in the latest fast n furious movies?(big three hole in front of his car...)sory..im new..

tq

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hi there

with open pod u will suck in hot air though unless u position the pod more towards the front, with some sort of heatshield

weber is an aftermarket carburettor, google this : weber dcnf, weber dcoe, and then saga weber, iswara weber, 4g13 weber, 4g15 weber, 4g13 dcnf dcoe, 4g15 dcnf dcoe, then you'll understand more stuffs about it

in short i will say that it is not an easy plug and play item, u have to go to halfcut shops or search around in the local forums for these webers

pros: when tuned properly *keyword = tuned properly*

1. more responsive engine
2. engine has a bit more kick throughout the powerband
3. FC not so far off from ori carb when driven properly
4. nice induction sound hehe

cons:

1. not many people knows how to tune it
2. weber parts are hard to find, quite expensive
3. chokes/jets/air correctors all have to match, needs more time & effort
4. if tuned badly, no power, car runs badly, drinks fuel
5. every morning u gotta pump accel. pedal a few times b4 engine can start hehehe
6. petrol smell (unless u like hehe) more obvious with dcoes than dcnf though

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
wah..weber sound great but in the same time very dificult n scary orr if silap tune...

bout the air filter..which wan is da best..i read all the forum n still got headache....den if do custom made air filter piping,where can i do?wanna tarik my air filter till beside the battery

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
weber doesnt have problems, u can even use it without airfilter....afterall its power that you want.

weber will be fun for a while, then again u will realized the limit of 4G15 and u will want a DOHC engine after that, heheh

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
weber doesnt have problems, u can even use it without airfilter....afterall its power that you want.

weber will be fun for a while, then again u will realized the limit of 4G15 and u will want a DOHC engine after that, heheh
oh ok...i wan to play wif 4g15 1st...duwan swap engine...wen the time cum i...EK is next...Nissan Skyline to far away for the time being...if kena lottery den baru can buy 1 n mod till like super GT..hahaha...

where can i custom made my air intake pipe till beside the battery arr?need help..

thanks 4 da advse ya..

just4z

Mar 1, 2006
after you finish play with 4g15. The money spent, can swap 4g93 engine with gearbox & legal on the road and it more muscle than mod 4g15. Maybe have extra $ to play with it. why I can say that? I already done it all :sleep:

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
after you finish play with 4g15. The money spent, can swap 4g93 engine with gearbox & legal on the road and it more muscle than mod 4g15. Maybe have extra $ to play with it. why I can say that? I already done it all :sleep:
Yes true......If i were you i sell off the 4g15 and gbox, then buy a 4g92 or 93 to play

4g15 is an useless outdate crap

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
why go for 4g93 when u can have 4g63t??...

why use proton when there is bmw??...

why people wanna mod engine, u guys ask him change engine??...

and what is wrong modifying original engine??...

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
i wanna keep my original engine...cuz it my 1st car...i wanna feel the truth power of 4g15 1st...
den mayb i will buy my 2nd car..maybe EK, Nissan 180 or NSX...

4 me,i wanna upgrade my engine oni..not swapping..hehe..

n 4g15 can bolt on turbo..i wanna try dat..how much it cause n where can i mod it?

air filter?anyone?

just4z

Mar 1, 2006
never ask to swap engine. if want to play go on. but for the air filter ori setup is ok , drop on for better brand (if still sell) for carb , ori one ok try look for mech can tune it for better umph. cable plug if still ok no need to change ori just cun. for more hardcore mod powerzone can help. sorry if my post before , you guys assume ask for change engine by the way ori :adore: 4g63t(2.0) cannot go to proton(1.3~1.8) any more :bawling: , a month ago 1 putera jpj reject.

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
dats y i malas wanna swap engine...jpj selalo bikin susah..
wanna keep it ori..izzit ok i change to open pod?use K&N better or apexi?
last time u mod ur engine bay how much it cost?

just4z

Mar 1, 2006
from what I know . for bolt on around 3k~6k maybe more where don`t know :hmmmm:. supercharge (powerzone) 10k or more :biggrin:.

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
stock NIA RUles~ change bigger engine sucks~
SOHC rock and DOHC zzzz LOL

4g15p weber power. can play with 1.8 car. why change engine :)

ori rocks~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hei guys/gals. I am starting a project for this car of mine. Bought it new and had it for over 2 years now. Anybody out there who are willing to advise or direct me to a reputable tuner out there in Malaysia.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers. and Merry Christmas to you guys ..

-=reylit=-
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience