need help from all u turbo maistress....

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
okay lets see rite now im using a mirage wit 4g61t..jus say dat ive been keepin up sum money n i wan to mody..if u were me wat would u do??upgrade the 4g61t or would u jus swap engine wit 4g63t..i heard lots of people say ma engine bay is exactly a bit same wit vr4 n they say if i use vr4-rs it should b enough(the hp n weight to ratio)..but in the other tought i was thinking of upgrading the 4g61t(turbine,injector,pistons,flywheel,cams,ecu n those other stuff) but wat i dun no is if i upgrade the 4g61t would the increasing of torque n hp be a lot comparing wit a standard vr4-rs...

ops sori forget n say if i upgrade the engine or swap it which one would hv the higher risk of maybe blow or waisting my money...

n anyone got info how much market price for vr4 n vr4rs is rite now(im at oversea rite now)..

anyway i noe in m'sia theres so many2 mechanic/modders dat hv great/fast car..so i guess dis is jus a simple help for me..all opinions will help me a lot...tanx all..cheers for the week~~~

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
my recipe: evo cams, evo airflow sensor, evo injectors, evo intercooler, vr4 ecu, vr4 throttle body, vr4rs turbo, and last but not least, the secret to great acceleration, vr4rs gearbox, code W5M332-WQNK. very very nice. and make sure u have some supporting gadgets to go for high boost (better clutch, fuel regulator, sufficient fuel pump, lots of luck etc etc).

tested and proven by me. that's the best recipe for 4G61T using 100% OEM parts. not a single aftermarket part, except the supporting mods. if there is a better recipe, i must have missed it, cos i tried almost everything already, to gain maximum power using OEM parts. no port n polish, no engine balancing, all using what japanese engineers designed. only mix n match.

not guaranteed to tapau all those evo or vr4 (if i say can, then people will create heated arguments). but guaranteed to make u smile. lag a bit, but when the boost comes, it makes up for lost time hehehe. make sure u get ur car tuned.

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
dats surely sum spicy recipe,,hehhe..tanx..oowhh it makes u smile rite..dats cool..i was thinking of evo also but the retail price for hafcut is too damn high larr last time before i fly over went to this hafcut very nice price for evo3 but dat time no money..adoi..hehhee..but do u think if jus transfer an evo1-3 stok standard will it make u saticfied??

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
minimania, change ur airflow sensor to vr4, or evo if u can find cheap. guarantee will help reduce petrol consumption if u are using big injectors

hafiz9906

Known Member
Apr 1, 2006
minimania... change ur ecu to vr4 ecu, i think it can reduce petrol consumption

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
VR4 ECU drinks like camel. Not economical at all. Mine doing RM 0.35 per km!

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
now we are trying to make ur car run leaner. vr4 ecu will actually make ur car run richer...

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
you cant even drive right with a VR-4 ecu. dont believe? try it yourself.

from a car to a horse...it cant even idle, cant even cruise...cant even boost. sort of like overflowing the combustion chamber with fuel.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
miton, i tried before. if plug in vr4 ecu with stock 61Tairflow, too rich. if plug vr4 airflow with stock61T ecu, too lean. both making the car choking, struggling even to idle, let alone driving it.

BUT, vr4 airflow with vr4 ecu, super nice. but that time i was running td04L plus stock injectors.

mista_M

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
0.35sen/km damn dude dats hell dead to me..haha..i cant even gv a word coz me maself didnt even change yet..huhu..anyway gud luck.n jus one more info..if like want to upgrade stok 4g61t step by step wat must do..slowly-slowly..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the forum members of Club4AG, Moto-P, got the chance to attend a dinner meeting with the chief project engineer of the Toyota FT-86, Tetsuya Tada, and got to see the final production version as well as some of the juicy details regarding the car that pretty much confirm that the car was designed with tuning and the aftermarket scene in mind.

The FT-86, was from the onset, designed and intended to be a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience