^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ok noted...that shop very famous one :biggrin:

will3830

Jul 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to share, after 25+ laps in sepang the tyre looks like this, i think 50% gone.

Grip level good and very predictable. Maybe due to my car weight, the tyre wall was abit soft. I have to increase the tyre pressure to reduce the wall flex.

However according to my friend that using R1R, 123S is weaker than R1R. But for me 123S is acceptable since the price and tread wear was big different.

Overall i would buy it again as for me it was value for money, RM1500++ for 4pc i can only buy Yokohama AR01 tyre which is no where near the performance i get from this 123S. Attach my front and rear tyre picture.

** Comparison base on my previous experiance with AR01( New tyre ) and RE001 ( 2nd hand tyre ) only ya, havent get budget to try 595RSR or R1R:bawling:

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just to share, after 25+ laps in sepang the tyre looks like this, i think 50% gone.

Grip level good and very predictable. Maybe due to my car weight, the tyre wall was abit soft. I have to increase the tyre pressure to reduce the wall flex.

However according to my friend that using R1R, 123S is weaker than R1R. But for me 123S is acceptable since the price and tread wear was big different.

Overall i would buy it again as for me it was value for money, RM1500++ for 4pc i can only buy Yokohama AR01 tyre which is no where near the performance i get from this 123S. Attach my front and rear tyre picture.

** Comparison base on my previous experiance with AR01( New tyre ) and RE001 ( 2nd hand tyre ) only ya, havent get budget to try 595RSR or R1R:bawling:
Nice review! And you didn't experience any grip loss after that many rounds? I guess Sepang isn't as cruel to tyres as other smaller tracks.

Btw, how do you recognise tyre flex? What is the characteristic of flex? I'm trying to figure out what I'm experiencing now is flex or my ARB needs tweaking.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

white car...gold rims...and from the looks of tyre burned front and rear i'm guessing it was boxer awd model rite? :driver:

will3830

Jul 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
white car...gold rims...and from the looks of tyre burned front and rear i'm guessing it was boxer awd model rite? :driver:
Sorry bro, am driving FR, looking from the tyre i think my skill need to improve cuz it show i was aggressive during turn in but throttle was less aggressive, i roll the car during entry but slow to open up gas..Still new need practice..any sifu plz teach ya.

looking at the tyre thread condition, u really whack it hard huh? heheh. sepang full track how much time u clock? what car u drive?
Bro my time was slow, malu to said it here la,just play play only..am driving silvia, but power train fully stock:bawling:

Nice review! And you didn't experience any grip loss after that many rounds? I guess Sepang isn't as cruel to tyres as other smaller tracks.

Btw, how do you recognise tyre flex? What is the characteristic of flex? I'm trying to figure out what I'm experiencing now is flex or my ARB needs tweaking.
Am doing 2 flying lap follow by 1 coll down lap then 2 more flying lap only come into pit. Dint felt grip loss as maybe i let tyre cool down instead of wack all the way.

I felt tyre flex especially at T1 & T2,maybe my car not enough front camber ( now running 3 degree ), hence it depend stronger tyre wall to over come the camber not enough..but at other corner it still was not as hard as RE001 i use before,am confuse is because my previous RE001 is old tyre or 123S is soft:stupid: also the front tyre wall have some wear, i think due to not enough camber and soft wall..After i run with 36psi ( Hot ) it felt better.

But i think still need some more test la, cuz am not pro:bawling:

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Just hope my review help anyone that consider want try 123S..:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A Perfect Match is a recent short film made by BMW Classic, where Jack insists on looking for a suitable replacement for his BMW 1602. This was an award winning BMW Feature short film that has made its name in Cannes and has won the Golden Dolphin award. Check out the awesome video

YouTube - A Perfect Match. BMW Classic.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience