Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
4g92 sohc???what do u want to do with it???turbo charge or n/a???how much
would u willing to spend on it???

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
There are a few things that you can do to this engine without actually destroying it (but you might run into a few problems here and there.

1. BOT - the engine is a standard high compression engine so if you wanna BOT it, make sure you don't boost more than 0.4/0.5 bar of pressure or else you will kill the engine in the long run. Cost of getting all the neccessary parts, fixing it in and all will cost roughly in the margin of 3-4k.

2. 4 throttle or dual intake manifold - I myself am pretty interested in this mod but finding a suitable 4 throttle kit and modifying it will take patience and money. I have seen dome dual intake manifolds (basically having 2 throttle bodies at each end) that will boost your intake volumn to push more power. Make sure you have an upgraded fuel pump and injectors + some sort of air/fuel controller to give sufficient fueling and management. Improving the intake and fueling for this engine is the most basic of basics (actually for any engine) to produce more power.

3. Port and polish the intakes, exhausts ...and maybe if you are willing, rojak the engine with some parts from the bigger brother 4g93 or aftermarket products (piston heads, cams, crankshaft..bla bla....don't ask me what to change im unsure about this but i know some ppl have done it with 4g93 parts)

4. The 4g92 sohc bottom block has only slight differences from its dohc counterpart. You could throw away your sohc top block, buy a mirage 4g92 dohc block with mivec + all wirings, ecu and manifolds. This way you get to use your old botom block, rojaked with a dohc mivec top block, gaining variable valve timing. Your power gains wont be hell alot because you old block runs on a slight different compression compared to the dohc version (dunno I was told that)

5. You could slap on some Abang technology that claims to 'save fuel' and 'add power' and be happy about it. (I don't recommend this at all...because i think all that stuff is bullshit)

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
most people will rojak wit 4g93's parts, add wit hi cams, rechip ecu, etc.. etc..

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
i've seen someone using Eon Motorsports's Turbokit pumping up 190++ on engine horsepower..... n it's jus a 1.6 sohc....

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
rm2500,i think u better off with n/a power la bro.reliable too.hi camshaft n adjustable
cam pulley already set u back around rm880.better exhaust system coupled with
good extractor will cost u another rm600(depends on ur choice of muffler,steel for
the piping n brand name).fuel regulator around rm3++,aluminum crank pulley rm2++,
bigger t/b rm2++,intake kit rm1++ etc......all add up to nearly ur budget already.
:shades_smile:

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
spending 2500.00 i think go step by step..like gt_auto said..depend on u which 1 come 1st..

just my 2cent

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
i've seen someone using Eon Motorsports's Turbokit pumping up 190++ on engine horsepower..... n it's jus a 1.6 sohc....
really ehh?? any clue of dat car??

hmm.. so many thing can do wit 4g92p, like gt_auto said.. but 1stly need to choose either u wanna play wit sohc or dohc, if dohc need to buy head lorr..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
the eon motorsport turbo kit was produce back in the mid 90's.back then
there hardly anybody willing to pay extra 12-16k for the kit.if what kenneth
said is true...the hp generated by the kit is quite impressive.

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
rm2500,i think u better off with n/a power la bro.reliable too.hi camshaft n adjustable
cam pulley already set u back around rm880.better exhaust system coupled with
good extractor will cost u another rm600(depends on ur choice of muffler,steel for
the piping n brand name).fuel regulator around rm3++,aluminum crank pulley rm2++,
bigger t/b rm2++,intake kit rm1++ etc......all add up to nearly ur budget already.
:shades_smile:
Bro, Hi-camshaft with adj. cam pulley oni for RM880+ ?? Where can we get it??

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
mattz,

it's true, that's jus a satria dark green colour, with EMS turbo kit, EMS piping, EMS intercooler, no BOV or blow in valve at all n i dunno why until now the turbine isn't spoilt without any BOV.....

zzainudin

500 RPM
Aug 16, 2006
Subang selangor
the eon motorsport turbo kit was produce back in the mid 90's.back then
there hardly anybody willing to pay extra 12-16k for the kit.if what kenneth
said is true...the hp generated by the kit is quite impressive.

yea..agree with u bro..what for 12-16k for that kit..wasted money,
if wanna turbocharger ur car better buy it 1 by 1 the costing no too expensive maybe around 3-4k..

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
mattz,

it's true, that's jus a satria dark green colour, with EMS turbo kit, EMS piping, EMS intercooler, no BOV or blow in valve at all n i dunno why until now the turbine isn't spoilt without any BOV.....
hmm.. sounds gud, how bout performance?? is it the only car wit dat kit??

if me 12k-15k now better go buy evo4 front n rear halfcut, weld n play, kekeke..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone..i run a 1996 tiara..the engine uses carburettor and recently i noticed there's smell of petrol coming from my engine..sent it to the mech and asked him to check..after checking, he said something behind my carb leaked and needed to be replaced..i got 2 options:

1. Replace the entire carb which would cost me 880 for a new one as the torn part which is rubber cannot be replaced. No replacement parts.

2. Rebuild the carburettor with a carburettor rebuild kit which would cost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience