Need help badly!

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Just recently, I have been facing difficulties engaging gears. ( driving a manual proton). Even when i step on the clutch, i have problems engaging into 1st,2nd and reverse gear. (3,4,5 seems to be fine). What could be the problem? If it was the clutch then most probably i would difficulty in engaging all gears right?

I'm bloody worried it could be my gearbox? I really need some help here. Sometimes to engage into 1st or 2nd gear, i actually have to enter 3,4,5 first.

I'm actually driving a 1.6 proton. If it was the gearbox, how much would it cost to change one? I don't think it's the clutch coz it doesn't seem to be slipping.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Bro, have a look at your gear oil level as well as your clutch pump oil level. See if you have enuf fliud. If you have no leaks and the fluid level is ok and you're still having probs.. then most probably you need to open up the GB and check the syncro .... if syncro gone then its not gonna be cheap!! I hope its the former ... good luck

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Blowfish said:
Just recently, I have been facing difficulties engaging gears. ( driving a manual proton). Even when i step on the clutch, i have problems engaging into 1st,2nd and reverse gear. (3,4,5 seems to be fine). What could be the problem? If it was the clutch then most probably i would difficulty in engaging all gears right?

I'm bloody worried it could be my gearbox? I really need some help here. Sometimes to engage into 1st or 2nd gear, i actually have to enter 3,4,5 first.

I'm actually driving a 1.6 proton. If it was the gearbox, how much would it cost to change one? I don't think it's the clutch coz it doesn't seem to be slipping.
just do a gear oil change and u should be fine after that...

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Ok thanks guys. But i'm still a little confused. If it was the gear oil or clutch pump oil, woulnd't it effect all gears? I mean the prob now only occurs with 1st and 2nd gear. I'm really worried in a way. Coz i dun wanna spending on so many things when the prob isn't really identified.

1 mech so far told me the clutch is f**ked. Another told me the gearbox is f**ked. which is exactly why I'm confused.

My mind's hoping that it's just the oils as well. But pretty damn worried its the 1st and 2nd gear synchros which are f**ked up.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Blowfish said:
My mind's hoping that it's just the oils as well. But pretty damn worried its the 1st and 2nd gear synchros which are f**ked up.
hmmm... i think if the synchros are f**ked up, try this test when on the 1st or 2nd gear and driving time, floor the accelerator until RPM is about 5k rpm, then release the accelerator. If the synchros are KO, the gear would jump into neutral wan (read some where very long time back, not too sure though).

vivivi

Feb 9, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
any different between different brand of performance tires ? do all the performances tires save petrol and have higher mileage than comfort tires ? I was thinking to change to performance tires recently due to the technology of performance tires such as rubber, inflation pressure and also the tread pattern are much more better in conserving fuel. am i correct ?

anne112

Aug 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, do you know that by selecting right tires you may save 20% of petrol? I shocked to know too...
No doubt performance tires really depends a lot on the design and quality but the way we handle it also equally important! Then followed by road condition and weather. I like to share this link because it shows how to get comfortable and silent drive by selecting correct tires 米其林實驗室 - 寧éœç¯‡ - YouTube

rosalinda9988

Jul 2, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
every tires design to have different pressure , make sure that you applied the right one.
tires is the part that touch the ground and it is incised with grooves which separate the various “rubber blocks”.
Because of every tires was created using different technologies, the performance will be different.

nigel_ng

Aug 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Tires are not really important when it compares with habits and style of driving. Those who use good branded tires but are careless may cause more problem than those who use cheap tires and drive carefully!:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:wavey: Once upon a Saturday, I was kinda bored and was playing with my dog while also stared at my car. Got licked by my dog and then ideas pop in my mind...and my DIY mode is switched on. I was thinking of adding some red strips to my car, since its kinda dull originally. Not only that, I saw something special and would like to give it a try...

My DIY kungfu isnt that great, so please dont bomb me for hurting my car with such a bad workmanship :rolleyes:

So one day ~ its always one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience