need advice on choice between 4G93T or 4G63T

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
welcoming all sifu sifu out there.. i am quite stressed by the issue of choosing between a 4G93T or a 4G63T motor.. FC wise & maintenance wise.. which one will cost more to maintain if u make it a daily driven performance car.. no crazee mods.. TQ in advance.. :driver:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Hahaha your stress is so wonderful bro... I mean to choose between 4G93T or 4G63T.
Both are wonderful engines.

In terms of OEM new spare parts availability, 4G93T is less headache as it shares many parts with 4G93P from putra or Wira 1.8 (C99). But, it doesn't means OEM parts for 4G63T is troublesome to find. It just that it "less" available compared to 4G93T. But if you are in Klang Valley, it should not be a problem as many spare parts shop still carry the parts. I mean for "normal" wear and tear item. By the way, it would be different story (for both engines) if you need to find some major parts from chop shop, as the price sometimes quite ridiculous insane, due to less supply and high demand.

FC wise, of course 93T consumed less than 63T (provided both are still stock standard). But, once you cuit sana-cuit sini, the consumption would definitely increased.

Maintenance wise, honestly I don't think it so much different between these two engines.

If you want to use it daily, my advise is keep it stock for durability and fuel consumption. But the question is, are you able to resist the temptation not to modify it? Once you touched it, then I would say "welcome to the dark side"...

My personal preference, of course 4G63T because even stock standard, it offers you above 200hp on flywheel. Plus, if you decided to modify it, the selection of performance parts are abundance to choose.

Arrghhh... Now I miss my old days with VR4 engine... Good luck to you bro.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the 63T will definitely have more modification options compared to the 93T..

but the thing is... transplanting a 63T into a proton is now illegal. you cannot transplant a 2.0 engine into any proton chassis except perdana.

wat most people do is get the 63T halfcut but use the 6x (forgot number but 1.8 model of the 4G6x series) block and register as a 1.8.

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
Hahaha your stress is so wonderful bro... I mean to choose between 4G93T or 4G63T.
Both are wonderful engines.

In terms of OEM new spare parts availability, 4G93T is less headache as it shares many parts with 4G93P from putra or Wira 1.8 (C99). But, it doesn't means OEM parts for 4G63T is troublesome to find. It just that it "less" available compared to 4G93T. But if you are in Klang Valley, it should not be a problem as many spare parts shop still carry the parts. I mean for "normal" wear and tear item. By the way, it would be different story (for both engines) if you need to find some major parts from chop shop, as the price sometimes quite ridiculous insane, due to less supply and high demand.

FC wise, of course 93T consumed less than 63T (provided both are still stock standard). But, once you cuit sana-cuit sini, the consumption would definitely increased.

Maintenance wise, honestly I don't think it so much different between these two engines.

If you want to use it daily, my advise is keep it stock for durability and fuel consumption. But the question is, are you able to resist the temptation not to modify it? Once you touched it, then I would say "welcome to the dark side"...

My personal preference, of course 4G63T because even stock standard, it offers you above 200hp on flywheel. Plus, if you decided to modify it, the selection of performance parts are abundance to choice.

Arrghhh... Now I miss my old days with VR4 engine... Good luck to you bro.
thx for ur helpful info bro.. but i heard that nowdays 4G63T halfcut n parts easier to find nowadays compared to 4G93T is it true? another question is what is ur opinion having a 4G63T into a proton putra.. can the chassis take it?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

the 63T will definitely have more modification options compared to the 93T..

but the thing is... transplanting a 63T into a proton is now illegal. you cannot transplant a 2.0 engine into any proton chassis except perdana.

wat most people do is get the 63T halfcut but use the 6x (forgot number but 1.8 model of the 4G6x series) block and register as a 1.8.
thr is no worries for that bro bcoz am planning to get 1 which is already endorsed.. meaning a whole car wiv the engine together.. just wanna know which 1 is better for a daily driven performer.. any expirence? planning to get a proton putra

Last edited:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
4G63T halfcut and parts are less "laku" because of JPJ are not allowed the transplant into saga, iswara wira, satria, putra chassis anymore. So the buyer are mostly from the owner who already passed the JPJ inspection. However, there is less and less 4G63T halfcut and parts coming into Malaysia, due to not many Evo 1-3 existed/left in Japan nowadays. Maybe, later on you will have a problem to find the parts for it. In terms of price I would say, it still command on a "higher side" but not as crazy as 4G93T parts.

4G63T in putra? Yup, it would be awesome. No problem, the chassis should be able to handle the power of 4G63T. Just don't modify it too much until you lost the sweet feeling of its drive-ability.

Since, this engine now going into 20 years old, I advise you just to keep it stock standard and replace all the wear and tear items. Also be patience with its "kerenah". Of course they would be some hiccup here and there, stranded here and there.. almost 20 years old engine mah...what do you expect, right?
The keywords here are, be patience... and you also must possess "passion" to take care of this engine.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jackcwj11

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
4G63T halfcut and parts are less "laku" because of JPJ are not allowed the transplant into saga, iswara wira, satria, putra chassis anymore. So the buyer are mostly from the owner who already passed the JPJ inspection. However, there is less and less 4G63T halfcut and parts coming into Malaysia, due to not many Evo 1-3 existed/left in Japan nowadays. Maybe, later on you will have a problem to find the parts for it. In terms of price I would say, it still command on a "higher side" but not as crazy as 4G93T parts.

4G63T in putra? Yup, it would be awesome. No problem, the chassis should be able to handle the power of 4G63T. Just don't modify it too much until you lost the sweet feeling of its drive-ability.

Since, this engine now going into 20 years old, I advise you just to keep it stock standard and replace all the wear and tear items. Also be patience with its "kerenah". Of course they would be some hiccup here and there, stranded here and there.. almost 20 years old engine mah...what do you expect, right?
The keywords here are, be patience... and you also must possess "passion" to take care of this engine.

Good luck.
thx a lot bro.. i will do more research before i decide.. u hav been much help:biggrin:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Good luck to you. Personally, I'm still regret for let-go my proton with VR4 engine.
I was too impatience with its "kerenah" and forgot that she was already more than 20 yrs old engine...
Now, I am still missing its 2nd and 3rd gear G-force...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Good luck to you. Personally, I'm still regret for let-go my proton with VR4 engine.
I was too impatience with its "kerenah" and forgot that she was already more than 20 yrs old engine...
Now, I am still missing its 2nd and 3rd gear G-force...
buy 1 la bro..it's cheap nowadays..1x,xxx can get one ade..

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
bought GSR auto-- bought evo2 manual GB--after 8 months--sell my GSR with evo2 gearbox--bought evo3 full half cut-bought 4g67-NOW HAPPY!!!!

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
im speaking from experience here and what most members said earlier is spot on coz i also use a proton car with evo 3 engine and you really need PATIENCE
you have to remember not only is the engine old but the car as well with your being a putra which is a pre 2000 production car so wear and tear inevitable
but whenever you feel like giving up and selling the car and trust me you will I myself have felt that way countless times just go for a drive in you car and you will remember why you got it in the first place after everyone told you not to buy it :thefinger:
true story :rolleyes:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i'm abt to switch frm 93t to 63t but my main concern is the availability of the spare parts..93t parts are plenty, used and new but wat abt 63t?..

megpan

Oct 21, 2009
Kuching
question, will i have any legal problems if i purchase a putra already transplanted wif 4g63t?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help, last friday i feel that my car air con is not cold, so sat i send to the workshop for inspection. then the mech say its because the air con gas not enough, so he just refill the gas for me and say ok d. then on the way i driving home, i can feel the cold air, but then got some gas smell when the moment i just on the air on. then today when i drive the car again, the air is no more cold liao.
i was wonder i can smell the air con gas inside the car, mean there is some leakage right?and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience