NBTD - I'm BORED

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
for roadtax and insurance i'm good... get my friend who is an agent at Kuantan to do it... since they have access to the system and able to renew the roadtax and insurance. They courier to me.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I managed to renew my roadtax for 2 cars in Myeg, now just waiting for delivery of the 3rd one, seems a bit slow.

Anyway really boring life here. Already completed 2nd dose and got digital cert but still no policy that they promised earlier to allow more freedom to move.

Meanwhile my Evo seems merajuk if not driven for too long. Last time 1st MCO alternator kaput and AC gas gone. Now suddenly boost meter not functioning and the aircon blower got noisy! Bummer...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
anyone has any idea how to renew driving license?
don't suggest myeg... it is a broken system.
If you find out let me know. I'm needing to do one too.

Btw, whats the deal with Roadtax now? Do we renew or have some sort of allowance now?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I managed to renew my roadtax for 2 cars in Myeg, now just waiting for delivery of the 3rd one, seems a bit slow.

Anyway really boring life here. Already completed 2nd dose and got digital cert but still no policy that they promised earlier to allow more freedom to move.

Meanwhile my Evo seems merajuk if not driven for too long. Last time 1st MCO alternator kaput and AC gas gone. Now suddenly boost meter not functioning and the aircon blower got noisy! Bummer...
Not just your Evo, my trusty EX5 and BLM oso merajuk.

My EX5 took a while to eliminate semput after being left for a month. Had to ride for 5 minutes to eliminate the semput behavior.
My BLM started to have knocing sound when initial take off and initial braking. Took me almost an hour to check but still does not find the problem. I suspect the lower arm but its fine after checking. Decided to take it to the workshop and the mech also suspect its the lower arm but hesitated after checling it and found its in good order. I insist to change it despite knowing its a gamble.lucky this time the gamble pays off. Lesson learnt, dont use cheap part even when better ones are not in stock. Wait for stock to arrive.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Btw, whats the deal with Roadtax now? Do we renew or have some sort of allowance now?
If i recalled correctly, the post office staff said wait till announcement. When JPJ mentiones the 'allowance' there was a date but i doubt that still apply based on current covid case.

I think the problem is because of low supply of roadtax disc. Same goes for foreign worker pink card thing issued by immigration.There are shortage of supply thus some had to wait for months. For his specific card its even worst as it has been affected since early covid.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If i recalled correctly, the post office staff said wait till announcement. When JPJ mentiones the 'allowance' there was a date but i doubt that still apply based on current covid case.

I think the problem is because of low supply of roadtax disc. Same goes for foreign worker pink card thing issued by immigration.There are shortage of supply thus some had to wait for months. For his specific card its even worst as it has been affected since early covid.
I think roadtax issue has been resolved.

I have another issue now - how to renew Driving license for someone who is stuck overseas? My friend wants to renew but is trapped overseas and doesn't want to leave because of the cost of coming back and all.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think roadtax issue has been resolved.

I have another issue now - how to renew Driving license for someone who is stuck overseas? My friend wants to renew but is trapped overseas and doesn't want to leave because of the cost of coming back and all.
That guy renew via Myeg and send to My address then courrier it overseas...should work right?
Judging from how quick an item arrived frm overseas (if we buy thru online portal) i think it wont be such a long wait.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That guy renew via Myeg and send to My address then courrier it overseas...should work right?
Judging from how quick an item arrived frm overseas (if we buy thru online portal) i think it wont be such a long wait.
Myeg won't work if there's no photo in their database (which is pretty much always the case) so they'll tell you to walk in.

I got recommended a new site by @lsm1991 : Get Product That Suits You

I'm trying them out at the moment to see if this works faster or not.

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

JPJ: All licences must be renewed by Sept 30

PETALING JAYA: All road users must renew their licences by Sept 30 and there will be no more extensions to the grace period given.

The Road Transport Department (JPJ) said that these licences include the Competent Driving Licences (CDL), Motor Vehicle Licences (LKM or road tax), Goods Driving Licence (GDL) and the Public Service Vehicle (PSV) license.

"Vehicle owners whose road taxes have expired have to ensure they have valid insurance coverage and can produce their e-cover note upon request by authorities when on the road.

"The moratorium period or extension of the deadline for renewals will stop on Sept 30.

"Checks on compliance and enforcement by JPJ enforcers will start from Oct 1 onwards," it said in a statement on Wednesday (Aug 4).

JPJ also urged vehicle owners to do renewals online via the MySikap JPJ or MyEG portal.

"Members of the public can make an appointment before heading to the JPJ counter for any other matter that cannot be done online," it said.

JPJ noted that national courier Pos Malaysia is expected to start handling JPJ transactions at its over 650 branches nationwide beginning Aug 9 following a discussion.

"We will make sure stocks and supplies of licences and road tax documents are sufficient in anticipation of a surge in renewals later," it added.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wee Ka Siong had previously announced that exemptions would be given to those with expired driving licences to operate vehicles during the movement control order as long as they had valid vehicular insurance

For holders of the GDL and PSV licences, renewal services are permitted under the essential services law during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Meanwhile, Sabah MCA appealed to the Federal government to speed up the opening of more counters at JPJ offices as many motorists may not be able to renew their various licences by Sept 30.

Sabah MCA chairman Lu Yen Tung said they had received many complaints from motorists in the state who said they were unable to get appointment dates before Sept 30.

"Some were given dates for May next year," he said in a statement on Wednesday.

"If they are unable to renew their driving license or road tax by the end of Sept, they face the risk of being summoned," Lu said, adding that it would further burden the public who are already facing a hard time due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Time Allowance given by them because their mistake/problem, now give time limit to renew then later will saman. This all because of who?......lol :smokin: