NBTD - I'm BORED

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Mine is unknown brand and I bought the whole thing for RM100. I'm thinking if it's worth fixing or not. hahahaha
If too many parts needs replacing then it might cost more than the compressor or can get a new cheap one. Then again u will know how to fix the comp in the future if u repair the current one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If too many parts needs replacing then it might cost more than the compressor or can get a new cheap one. Then again u will know how to fix the comp in the future if u repair the current one.
maybe i can keep this one for spare parts. hahaha.. how much for a good one these days?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
maybe i can keep this one for spare parts. hahaha.. how much for a good one these days?
starts at 1500 for Swan 2 piston electric motor driven comp with big tank. Will exceed 2000 if u opted for a Robin gasoline engine instead of electric motor which will allow the comp to operate where no electrical supply is available.

One piston recharged the air slower but for me if its coupled to a big tank like 50l, its good enough for me.
My tank is small (forget my tank capacity) like the one u get when buying RM200-300 air comp. U will lose sufficient impact power quickly and with one piston charging it, some pause/rest is needed between few multiple use.

it depens on your usage really. There is also the max air pressure. if i recalled correctly the air pressure valve can be change so u can holder higher air pressure but i am not sure on the saftey aspect.

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
starts at 1500 for Swan 2 piston electric motor driven comp with big tank. Will exceed 2000 if u opted for a Robin gasoline engine instead of electric motor which will allow the comp to operate where no electrical supply is available.

One piston recharged the air slower but for me if its coupled to a big tank like 50l, its good enough for me.
My tank is small (forget my tank capacity) like the one u get when buying RM200-300 air comp. U will lose sufficient impact power quickly and with one piston charging it, some pause/rest is needed between few multiple use.

it depens on your usage really. There is also the max air pressure. if i recalled correctly the air pressure valve can be change so u can holder higher air pressure but i am not sure on the saftey aspect.
Ah.... I checked the price for a new one for the version I have, it's about 380 only. Let's see how it goes. If the service is cheaper than that - I'll just do that. OTherwise this thing is scrap metal.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Ah.... I checked the price for a new one for the version I have, it's about 380 only. Let's see how it goes. If the service is cheaper than that - I'll just do that. OTherwise this thing is scrap metal.
BTW...whats wrong with the thing?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
the valve and the meter on the top doesn't work and the air doesn't seem to open up
a stuck air valve thing. normally it will happen if the tank is not drained of fluid every now and then causing dirt/rust/gunk sticking at the valves.
Remove the fittings and get replacement. If u are lucky the gauge is still ok.
my comp have 2 outlet ( useless really when the tank is too small ) and one of them is broken like yours. already fixed but forget the cost. Should be well below RM100.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
a stuck air valve thing. normally it will happen if the tank is not drained of fluid every now and then causing dirt/rust/gunk sticking at the valves.
Remove the fittings and get replacement. If u are lucky the gauge is still ok.
my comp have 2 outlet ( useless really when the tank is too small ) and one of them is broken like yours. already fixed but forget the cost. Should be well below RM100.
Wait...try clean the fittings internal first.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
After reading your previous post was about to say this also, try cleaning, maybe some dirt stuck there......lol
He is probably at it now.
Then when its fixed he will complain to himself on why its so simple but he did not try it earlier, he wonders what good times he could have had with the compressor working.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
He is probably at it now.
Then when its fixed he will complain to himself on why its so simple but he did not try it earlier, he wonders what good times he could have had with the compressor working.
why is the whole thing covered in some sort of oil that's kinda sticky? Hmm.. I think the first thing I'll do is wash the whole thing, dismantle the whole motor on top and then see what to do from there.

btw how do I drain the thing? I think I hear water inside. hahahaha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
why is the whole thing covered in some sort of oil that's kinda sticky? Hmm.. I think the first thing I'll do is wash the whole thing, dismantle the whole motor on top and then see what to do from there.

btw how do I drain the thing? I think I hear water inside. hahahaha
there must be a drain plug at the bottom of the tank. check what material is it as somes with copper plug which deforms easily when u grip using pliers to loosen them. Dont be too happy screwing it all the way out if there is pressure in the tank as u will end up looking for the drain plug. I bet when u loosen the drain plug a bit, nothing will come out as gunk has blocked the opening. u will need to unscrew slowly or use a cloth to cover it and watch leech like substance flow out then suddenly a spray of either water or gunk mess up your floor.

Wash it but dont dismantle first. Since yours is electric driven too then dont be too happy when washing it with water.
After washing, remove the air fitting and soak them in degreaser or petrol or diesel and cleaned them. Re install and see if it works.

If it does works them fill the tank up, check for air leak if any. If no air leak then search for oil leak. The whole thing should not be covered in oil if there is normal oil leak unless the tank is not drained for some time and the air oulet is clogged causing it to spray air mixed with oil all over the place.

Reactions: Izso and vr2turbo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im using Wira 1.6 and changed the front & rear abs to gas shocks.My tyre setup is 195/60/15 for front & 195/65/15 for the rear.

My question is...
1.Will using different tyre size effect my handling?

2.The shop wants to cut my standard front spring about 1-2 inch to make it look lower,is this advisable?

3.What are my other option to make my front end lower?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience